Notices

Thread: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #161
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
For those of you still wondering about your coupons..

Hobbico's deferral of payout upsets, confounds ex-workers | News-Gazette.com

I love this part ....

Quote:
The industry is facing competition from manufacturers overseas, Hill said, since they sometimes steal designs and sell them directly.

"The American manufacturers design it," Hill said. "And the overseas manufacturers are copying them and selling direct. ... It's very frustrating."
Consumers kill a business buying copy cat stuff then bitch about that company suffering from it. People are funny and loyalty exists only on paper these days.

Sure hope they figure things out, hate to see another HPI happen.

You guys want coupons? Start buying more from them instead of searching out the cheapest chinese copy product you can find. You did this to yourselves!
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #162
RCC Addict

Absolutely we did this to ourselves in our constant quest to save a few bucks. With the online stores being able to undercut those local shops so far, we have started buying more online and the local shops cant afford to stay open.

I'm willing to bet most of us got our start into this hobby by walking into a Hobby Town or whatever other hobby store and seeing the trucks in person. With those shops closing, we arent going to see as much new blood coming in. From 2007-2016, I lived in areas with no hobby shops and it was very difficult to find other people to run with, which along with the fact that I had to order every freakin part online and wait for it to arrive, killed the fun for me and I got out of the hobby for several years.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Absolutely we did this to ourselves in our constant quest to save a few bucks. With the online stores being able to undercut those local shops so far, we have started buying more online and the local shops cant afford to stay open.

I'm willing to bet most of us got our start into this hobby by walking into a Hobby Town or whatever other hobby store and seeing the trucks in person. With those shops closing, we arent going to see as much new blood coming in. From 2007-2016, I lived in areas with no hobby shops and it was very difficult to find other people to run with, which along with the fact that I had to order every freakin part online and wait for it to arrive, killed the fun for me and I got out of the hobby for several years.
That's what I've been saying this whole time..

Coupons won't matter if there is no distribution
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:54 AM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I love this part ....

Consumers kill a business buying copy cat stuff then bitch about that company suffering from it. People are funny and loyalty exists only on paper these days.

You guys want coupons? Start buying more from them instead of searching out the cheapest chinese copy product you can find. You did this to yourselves!

There has been a bunch of them the last few years hasn't there? Red cat has an old ax10 direct copy, a berg copy as well. Then there are the turd hammer cloned, all the axial copies in full and small scale. All of which I've seen right here on rcc. Hell the red cat rigs have their own forums.

Hell we have vendors ripping each other off too. VP hasn't renewed their stars on any accounts vendors or otherwise I'm betting at least in part due to ssd blatantly ripping their ideas off at every turn.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #165
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post

Hell we have vendors ripping each other off too. VP hasn't renewed their stars on any accounts vendors or otherwise I'm betting at least in part due to ssd blatantly ripping their ideas off at every turn.

What did SSD rip off from vanquish? Honestly curious (hope that didnt read like I was being a smartass), im really not that familiar with SSD stuff - information like this steers me away from dealing with certain companies.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
What did SSD rip off from vanquish? Honestly curious (hope that didnt read like I was being a smartass), im really not that familiar with SSD stuff - information like this steers me away from dealing with certain companies.
Off the top of my head...

Every axle housing I've seen them make has been a copy. Latest is the currie f9.

Knuckles and C hubs for old scx and ar60 axles.

I don't buy any of those parts from either manufacturer but we should at least be honest about it. I'd never really noticed until a vendor told me ssd was short for Stole Someone's Designs.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #167
Rock Crawler

Good to know! Hadnt really paid attention to that I guess!
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Quote:
That's what I've been saying this whole time..

Coupons won't matter if there is no distribution
Oh please. The law of supply and demand is pretty well set, the market will adjust. Expect to not have brick and mortar stores, the big chains are failing and amazon is growing.

This is our future.

Besides all that, RC where never a brick and mortar stronghold. Mail order was king.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #169
RCC Addict

Quote:

Every axle housing I've seen them make has been a copy. Latest is the currie f9.

I don't buy any of those parts from either manufacturer but we should at least be honest about it. I'd never really noticed until a vendor told me ssd was short for Stole Someone's Designs.
Sorry to burst your bubble but SSD had the diamond axles out long before Vanquish had the F9. Their SCX10, SCX10 II, or AR60 knuckles are not the same design as VP either. What was their D60 axle a copy of?

One of the guys from SSD designed some parts for RC4WD, so that is why some of their products are similar there...Even though the Ox winch came out before RC4WD brought out their 8274
Old 01-06-2017, 04:06 PM   #170
SSD
RCC Addict

Quote:

You clearly don't have a clue.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Oh please. The law of supply and demand is pretty well set, the market will adjust. Expect to not have brick and mortar stores, the big chains are failing and amazon is growing.

This is our future.

Besides all that, RC where never a brick and mortar stronghold. Mail order was king.
im not sure you get my point
Old 01-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #172
RCC Addict

Quote:
im not sure you get my point
I get your point, and disagree with your assertions that consumer paying more with keep a company in business. Let company A fail, because company B will step in, assuming there is a market.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:09 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

With all the tightwads whining here I'm surprised any company could meet expectations with price and quality. Quality costs, but axial has created this niche that we play in...... or did someone else ?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #174
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but SSD had the diamond axles out long before Vanquish had the F9. Their SCX10, SCX10 II, or AR60 knuckles are not the same design as VP either. What was their D60 axle a copy of?

One of the guys from SSD designed some parts for RC4WD, so that is why some of their products are similar there...Even though the Ox winch came out before RC4WD brought out their 8274
Right, like the wraith knuckles vp released in January of 2014 vs the pro knuckles ssd released in March of 2016 don't look anything alike. Never mind the cvd axles that smell exactly like vvd's.

I haven't found the release from vp for the f9 but the ssd diamond came out in April of 16.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
You clearly don't have a clue.
A clue I have. It's tact that I usually don't have.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #176
RCC Addict

Quote:
Right, like the wraith knuckles vp released in January of 2014 vs the pro knuckles ssd released in March of 2016 don't look anything alike. Never mind the cvd axles that smell exactly like vvd's.

I haven't found the release from vp for the f9 but the ssd diamond came out in April of 16.
SSD Came out with the Diamond AR60 axles in early/mid 2015. Long before the Currie F9.

The SSD Pro knuckles and c hubs for the SCX10 allow a ton of steering while using the stock tie rod/drag link, which VPs requires you to buy a different setup.

The SSD knuckles for the AR60 are one piece. The VP knuckles have a plate/tab/whatever thingamagig that gets bolted to the knuckle and the tie rod/drag link gets bolted to it.

ETA the thingamagig is an "ackerman arm"

Last edited by Col_Sanders; 01-06-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
I get your point, and disagree with your assertions that consumer paying more with keep a company in business. Let company A fail, because company B will step in, assuming there is a market.
That's not my point...

But I also don't like to argue so, you keep your opinion and I'll keep mine.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #178
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
SSD Came out with the Diamond AR60 axles in early/mid 2015. Long before the Currie F9.

The SSD Pro knuckles and c hubs for the SCX10 allow a ton of steering while using the stock tie rod/drag link, which VPs requires you to buy a different setup.

The SSD knuckles for the AR60 are one piece. The VP knuckles have a plate/tab/whatever thingamagig that gets bolted to the knuckle and the tie rod/drag link gets bolted to it.

ETA the thingamagig is an "ackerman arm"

I didn't say or mean to infer every knuckle and C hub is a copy but I did give an example.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:28 AM   #179
BDR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I love this part ....

Ahh I get it I think.....it's alright right for big corps to go to Asia and **** them right over, not ok for them to do it

This is just capitalism at work, we have seen it before and will see it again, company corners the market, company gets arrogant and stops innovating, and starts telling the consumer what THEY want......company go tits up......every one else's fault

Multi nationals like this have no soul, and couldn't give a nuns fart about the consumer, it is all about the short term profit for the boards annual bonus
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:45 AM   #180
RCC Addict

Quote:
I didn't say or mean to infer every knuckle and C hub is a copy but I did give an example.
Sorry I misunderstood. Where you said that every axle housing that they made was a copy, I thought that you meant that every axle housing that they make is a copy. What you meant was SSD released a cool looking axle housing, then VP released a similar one with a lot more scale detail. And that SSD makes knuckles and C Hubs that look a bit like VP knuckles and C Hubs...because they are knuckles and C Hubs.

If you dont like SSD or their products, thats cool, but to say that all they do is copy is ridiculous.

They have been first to the market on many things, including two speed transmission parts for Axial's Yeti and SCX10 II. They beat VP to the market on knuckles and c hubs for the SCX10 II. They make parts for the Ascender, which aside from Horizon or the Chinese companies, nobody else does.

Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Kits listed as DISCONTINUED at Tower (and Axial!) Arctic Fire Chit Chat 14 11-08-2016 05:10 PM
tower hobbies coupons Justin82 Axial SCX-10 15 12-18-2013 09:45 PM
Axial Dingo $174.98 at Tower Hobbies LumTheMad Chit Chat 11 12-16-2013 12:46 AM
all Axial Kits on sale at RPP and tower STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 0 09-25-2013 09:40 AM
tower coupons.... pugs2300 Chit Chat 7 01-27-2012 02:11 PM