Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #1981

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hello everyone,names Steven and I live in southwest Missouri. I've been addicted to rc's ever since I was a kid. I started with the scx10 then twin hammers, now I have a losi trekker. This site has helped me in mods and more, very helpful. So thanks to everyone for contributing this knowledge, ill post pics of my build asap.
stevo417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #1982

Hello name is Shane and I have Axial scx10 Deadbolt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cleveland99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #1983

Hi! Just ordered a Honcho. Been into rc for a long time but this is my first crawler. Lately I've been flying mini 250 uav and racing it. Noticed a lot of places we go to fly we can also rock crawl.
minizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #1984

I'm a newbie... Call me Jon if you want, or not.

Either way I came here to find out more about Crawling. Hopefully I am better at Crawling then I am at using prophylactics.

Enjoy

Star
Starlite033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:34 PM   #1985
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite033 View Post

Hopefully I am better at Crawling then I am at using prophylactics.

Enjoy

Star
Not even sure what to say to that, other than.......... Hey welcome to rcc there is a lot of great info and help. Hopefully you can figure out how to use the search engine, and btw...... There are directions printed inside the box of prophylactics, its not that hard.(no pun intended) but I'm sure Duuuuuuuude has a YouTube channel set up showing you such info Lmao

Last edited by JokersWild; 01-20-2015 at 10:41 PM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM   #1986

My name is John.
I have a losi night crawler.
I live in Cleveland TN
I am looking to buy a scaler I like how they look like a real vehicle. Don't really know which one to buy or should I say best one to buy for the money. Thanks and let me know.
JJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 AM   #1987

Hello, my name is Jeremy. I live in Birch Run Michigan. New to crawling but not new to rc. Currently have a Bolink digger that's pretty dusty, a 2.5 revo that I upgraded to a 3.3 when the 2.5 blew. I spent some time with a cp chopper and hated it. 5 min of run time with 2 hours of repair time... Anywho, just picked up an El chepo redcat rockslide xt. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited. It will be here Friday. I have spent a lot of time on this forum over the last week and I have to say, some of the builds on here are AMAZING! I have been playing with jeeps for the last 6 years and now have a kid so we spend more time at home. So back into rc I go. Anyways, thanks for all the info so far. I'm sure I will be asking stupid questions that have been asked a million times already in no time.
Jerm97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:18 PM   #1988

Hi my name is Walt and I have a problem.,.... Wait wrong site!!! J/k lol I live in cbicopee , Massachusetts, I have a custom tamiya tundra high lift, and a newly acquired vaterra blazer ascender. I also have a few traxxas vehicles but who cafes about those?! !!! I'm looking forward to doing a few scratch builds in the near future and sharing with everyone Here.. Any comments please don't be shy!! Any questions just ask,..
MasScaler413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:49 PM   #1989

My name is Kimberly I live in North Carolina with my Finance Cr4wl3r he got me into the Rc World I love it. I'm Scalerfabs team driver My rig is a deadbolt with a dingo rusted body called ole yeller.

Last edited by Kim_Crawltrail; 02-03-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Kim_Crawltrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #1990

Another newb here...I know "great" right?! Anyhow just starting to dip my toes in the rc world. Well building them anyhow I've owned several vehicles over the years but all were bought rtr. My name is Dean and I live up in the Puyallup area of Washington state. Just picked up an axial wraith kit for a little project this spring and look forward to using this forum for any help I may need. Thanks!
D_shear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #1991

Im new here and to RC and RC crawlers purchased an axial wraith rock racer and love it but I don't intend it to be a rock racer like the idea of a scale crawler more if I understand things correctly. I live in billings Montana. i have only had the wraith for a week and got doing some looking online and playing around with different things i have already swapped the motor for the axial 55T to slow it down so my 2.5 yr old can enjoy the wraith with me without destroying things because he doesn't understand anything less than full throttle and the 55T makes it crawl over so much so much easier as I'm sure others already know and I used the stock lower links front and rear to create trailing arms and leading arms have pictures but can't seem to get them to upload. if I can ever figure out how to get them to show up I would love input on my attempt at the arms anyway thats me.

Last edited by BradyJones; 02-21-2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: trying to add pictures
BradyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:35 PM   #1992

rob here i have a axial ax10 , axial scx10 honcho now just picked up my first moa xr10 axial as well looking to put together one of this bad a-- crawlers everthing i have been looking at it all leeds me back to this place and the crawlers her are great lots of info thanks to all that came before
desertrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:38 PM   #1993
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyJones View Post
Im new here and to RC and RC crawlers purchased an axial wraith rock racer and love it but I don't intend it to be a rock racer like the idea of a scale crawler more if I understand things correctly. I live in billings Montana. i have only had the wraith for a week and got doing some looking online and playing around with different things i have already swapped the motor for the axial 55T to slow it down so my 2.5 yr old can enjoy the wraith with me without destroying things because he doesn't understand anything less than full throttle and the 55T makes it crawl over so much so much easier as I'm sure others already know and I used the stock lower links front and rear to create trailing arms and leading arms have pictures but can't seem to get them to upload. if I can ever figure out how to get them to show up I would love input on my attempt at the arms anyway thats me.
Welcome aboard.
There is a 'sticky' in the 'Newbie General' section that will help you with your pic posting problem.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #1994

Hi, I am not a total newb, just a crawler newb. Been racing sct for a while, and have messed with drifters and quad copters as well. I understand what soldering gun is and yes I have made random projects with servos for fun. With that being said I am eagerly awaiting my new scx10 from rpphobby.com and can't wait to annoy everyone with my in depth technical questions about why I need beadlocks and how do I make a little rc guy to carry my winch cable out for me.

Last edited by doubleoipunk; 02-22-2015 at 10:34 PM.
doubleoipunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #1995

Hello all. New to this site as of today. I have recently purchased a Redcat Super Crawler 1/8 to begin my journey in the fun world of crawling. I own a Traxxas and DHK for speed and bashing, this makes my third vehicle. I love anything to do with r/c. I'd look forward to sharing photos, ideas and more with you all along the way. Thanks
quickliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:55 PM   #1996

Yes I am new. Have a Maxstone 1/10 not even a week old and it hasn't been out side yet. Live in southeast Iowa.
Black Sails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #1997

Hey everybody I'm sorta a newbie you could say haha.

I've got a ax10 deadbolt with pitbulls, over under drive and tekin 35t and I live on Idaho

And I'm looking to build a moa crawler I'm open to any suggestions to the chassis electronics and tires a
bladester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #1998

I'm Steven, I live in Maryland, and I have a SCX10 Defender 90.

Running a Solar D772 servo, AE5 ESC, and a Tamiya 27t (just temporarily, waiting for a Tekin 35 to arrive).

RC4WD 6 lug Steelies, RC4WD Mickey Thompson Baja claws, STRC link kit, and an aluminum transmission. For driveshafts, I just used the stock WB8 shafts and screwed a 1/4" bolt through the male part, and then I cut the access off. Still have all my articulation, and they're just as strong as MIP shafts...
SCX10bgfn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #1999

Hello all, been a long time since I have been in the RC world.... Wow have things changed... I live in remote Alaska and have just purchased a Vaterra K5. I am trying to source new 1.9 bead locks for the truck but am unsure what wheels will fit... I am on the fence and am told that one complaint is that the truck is far to light from the factory?? any help would sure be appreciated, not real sure how to navigate this site yet but learning!
inkmonster509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #2000

Hey! I am a teacher from Nevada. Someone gave me an Exceed maxstone 10 as a gift and I guess you would say I have been bit by the bug. I am looking to get an Axial scx10 and I am really torn between the deadbolt and the honcho, but nonetheless I am excited to get into a scale crawler.
campbell990 is offline   Reply With Quote