Old 02-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #2061

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Pete here and I live in MI and will be getting a wraith to build on very soon
Peteyur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2016, 06:34 PM   #2062
Quarry Creeper

helloooooooo forum members ( in the voice of cyril figgis lol )

my name is tony and i thought i would properly introduce myself as a forum member but more importantly as a new vendor here on RCC for electronics.

i am a 35 going on 50 (lol) stay at home dad of two kids, and that gives me the luxury of time available to relentlessly persist with this crazy hobby and smd obsession.

no doubt as with alot of others here i have been into the many disciplines of rc since pre teen age, myself and my brother both spent our early years of life growing up on army bases and some of the earliest memories i can recall from those years always involved some form of rc model, be it a scale tank or helicopters, needless to say like many others we both ended up hooked for life, it seems once this hobby has you and you have a true passion for it then its impossible to quit, i tried several times lol.

my main fascination and love has always been scale helicopters and occasionally some scale planes with the odd tamiya car kit thrown in for some fun, my addiction to scale trail trucks/crawlers came about 4 or 5 years ago when my wife had our first child and sadly i had to sell my helicopters as they were a luxury, and when things change or a family starts to grow then the toys sometimes have to be sacrificed, especially when life now dictates you have to live on a tighter budget :(

needless to say for an rc junkie to not have anything to play with it felt like what i could only imagine cold turkey feels like for a crack head looking for the next fix and i had to find something to occupy the mind that would allow me to somehow stay connected to the rc hobby whilst keeping the financial controller (wife) happy(ish).

for many years throughout my addiction i always loved seeing the articles in rc rotorworld mag from some of the regular contributors who had the knowledge and ability to program and make their own electronics for all sorts of unique things they wanted to add to a scale heli and always dreamed of being able to do the same, but learning some form of machine code or programming always held me back until i had no choice, as mentioned earlier with the cold turkey lol.

i guess i spent probably the better part of almost 2 years just learning to code basic projects and coming up with random different ideas to try and create, needless to say they were of course all rc related and eventually after much abuse testing and always trying to squeeze more features into the code somewhere in 2013 i finally released my first circuit to some of the local guys here.

that first circuit i made was a scale winch controller, i know there are so many options available for winch control now from many different people but everyone adds their own unique style or features that makes that something specific to them and hopefully my customers can attest to that.

that first successful circuit has now progressed to what will be my first release here soon to you guys and gals as the ASRC legacy winch controller but i will go into the specs about that one later in an appropriate post.

my collection of designs is small but varied, winch control, multi output light switchers, high power led light strings etc for body lights, 4 wheel steering, lightbar modules that burn the retinas so bad lol.

last year i ended up having a hard drive failure that lost me alot of code and pcb designs and have been slowly recreating those designs and redoing code, not a fun task the winch controller alone took 3 months of writing and debugging to get it back to what it was and then some extras for good measure.

most of these designs are gradually getting redone to reduce size (even though they are all smd) or getting code rewritten for more efficiency etc but ultimately i will be aiming to release some of these popular items that for the last few years have been available to my local rc guys and sometimes on ebay and have been a success.

this last year and a half has seen a few things in life occur that end up pushing me back 20 steps everytime i make headway on other things but as mentioned earlier the passion and love for this crazy hobby and the support i receive from my local guys keep reminding me why i have to keep pushing forward.

but anyway i hope to be actively selling things soon and look forward to the opportunity to try and grow ASRC here on rccrawler.
i hope my intro wasnt too boring or long but i though i should say hi with a short bio i guess about me in general.

tony.

oh wait before i get asked, scx10 dingo is my driving choice lol
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #2063
I wanna be Dave

Welcome everybody and thanks for posting up to introduce yourselves! Looking forward to more build threads, be sure to get out and crawl at some get togethers (GTG) and trail, comp events when you have time.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #2064

Hi guys!

My name is Mardon from Manila and just barely a month and 1/2 into this new hobby of crawling. I've lurked in this forum since the start and love the work you guys share. More power!
macdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #2065
Rock Stacker

Hello.

Building my second crawler and first custom rig. I hope to do some crawling with you all soon.

Take care,
UberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #2066

I recently purchase a 1/8th Exceed Mad Torque and I am starting to get into RC Crawling. I am from SLC, UT and I am an accountant.
RC'UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #2067

Wassup guys, SCX10 with Tamiya Tundra body GearHead 1.9 12 Pak wheels w/ Voodoo KLR Golds and CI foams, soft front and medium rear. Running Holmes BrxL and Holmes 16T CrawlMaster Pro. Associated with ButteCountyScalers. Located in Chico, CA.
MrHmgSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #2068

Hello, I'm a newbie maybe to old to start this hobby! I'm 65 feeling like a kid again 😱😂😂. I want to get the wraith kit cause I like to build my own. I'm not sure what radio and electronics to get yet. Anxious to learn and meet people on here.
1hdsoftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:32 PM   #2069
I wanna be Dave

Hey bud, I'm 67 and still going strong in crawling. I love the building, R&D, and just plain figuring out challenges. I started in rc cars in 1983 and crawling in 2000. I figure your never to old to have fun with "toy cars".
Welcome to the site. You should be able to get all your questions answered on here. The search function will be your best friend on here!
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #2070
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hdsoftail View Post
Hello, I'm a newbie maybe to old to start this hobby! I'm 65 feeling like a kid again 😱😂😂. I want to get the wraith kit cause I like to build my own. I'm not sure what radio and electronics to get yet. Anxious to learn and meet people on here.
First of all welcome, depends on your budget and what you are willing to spend for the radio, also how many channels do you need for the radio, 3,4, maybe more?
Decent radios and reciever 3 channels can go from $100+ to $200. You can also find cheaper ones from China in the range of $50, check ebay.
Now for the esc - motor- servo its another $120 approx for brushed system with servo and $300 approximateley for brushless with servo, search the Wraith forum and see what people are using, then search online for prices.
If you are going to buy your Wraith kit from a shop and not online ask them to help you out.
Also since this is your first rc my suggestion would be go with the ready to run version, and start upgrading as you go, it will be much easier not to make mistakes and getting stuff that wont work, experience my freind thats what u need and u dont have it now.
STRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:41 PM   #2071

I have a little experience building but nothin with electronics! I built a rc 10 team assoc. in the 80s but never put the electronics in it. Got busy with work and know time. But really liked building it.
1hdsoftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #2072

New to this forum.Have a Axial Deadbolt and Losi Micro Trekker as far as crawlers go..In the process of adding to an out door Track along with building a indoor track for the Micro.
Looking at turning 56 this April here in west Tennessee and have never grown up..Still havin' fun..
Thanks for a great forum!

Rusty
ourwayband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:40 AM   #2073

I'm Brandon, have been lurking for a while. I'm in eastern NC.

Just got into RC a couple of months ago, by way of peer pressure! A much needed distraction from the current divorce.

Picked up a variety of rigs in that time.. all have been modded in some form.

Axial Yeti "the Sheti"
Traxxas Xmaxx
Traxxas Platinum Slash
Team Durango DEX408T
Losi Night Crawler 2.0

Thanks to the board for all the information that I have found so far.
Spent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #2074

Hey everyone my name is Dave,I am from Pennsylvania.I am new to rc and crawling but love it so far.Any advice or anything is appreciated.I just got a honcho and it is so much fun.I love to upgrade it work on it.My next one will be a kit for sure .heres a pic hope it works
ozzydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #2075

Fairly new to crawling but been around RCs for some time. Original Sand Scorcher owner and love to race at the local indoor clay track with my son. We drive Associated B5Ms. I own a SCX10 Dingo and looking forward to a fun time with it.
RiggZola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #2076

Hello to all. I am from south Louisiana. I have an Axial Wraith which was purchased as a kit and is a constant work in progress. (Can't leave well enough alone). I am always changing something, or making something for it. Running the basics. Axial 27t brushed motor, Axial AE-5 ESC, Hi-tec HS-7955TG servo, Radio link RC4G 4 channel radio receiver, An LED kit, and running 2s and 3s lipo. Riding on Pro-line Faultlines wrapped in Pro-line Flat iron xl's. Boomerang type I shocks, and custom self done paint job. Waiting for the BEC and Castle link to come in. Not having problems yet, but just trying to avoid in the future. I also have a mini e-revo (my first rc). It too has seen many up grades. I have been reading the forums on here for about three months. tons of good info. Will post pics of the wraith once it is back together (if i can figure that out). Happy Easter to everyone.

Last edited by CajunDutch; 03-28-2016 at 11:03 AM.
CajunDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #2077

Whats up everyone im new to crawling but not rc im 41 and have been doing rc since 8th grade everything from grasshopper to multirotor copters and have recently caught the rc crawler bug ... so lets do this
ndrsroark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:57 PM   #2078
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys decided to finally join "THE" forum. Ive been into RC vehicles since around 2001 and rc crawlers for last couple of years but have never joined a forum. I have an AX10 and Wraith currently. Joined because I appreciate all the reviews and information from everyone. Thanks
Orange peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:55 AM   #2079

Hi all,

Just got my first crawler after a break from RC of about 20 years. Wow things have moved on! So I have an SCX-10 that at the moment is totally standard except for a 4WS conversion and winch.

The pics are in my back garden where I have told the wife I have started to make a rockery I think she knows the truth.

Anyhoo, If anyone's around Nottingham give me a shout if you want a blast on some rocks.

Sean
seangsxr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:04 AM   #2080

Hello,
I just joined up last night after receiving my Yeti and running around my house last night. I actually used he forum a lot before my purchase as well. I just got out of the rc airplane hobby and decided to try trucks. I can't wait to do some mods on the Yeti! I will try and start a build thread up for it.
MN_Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote