Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #2081

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi all, new to RC crawling. Bought a Wraith Spawn to run when I can't sail my RC boats or fly my drones.
searched RCCrawlers for info on crawling, and equipment.

Last edited by STClassic; 04-04-2016 at 12:17 PM.
STClassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2016, 03:03 PM   #2082
Rock Stacker

hey guys I'm pretty new to crawling I live in Pennsylvania and just recently bought a heavily upgraded AX10 Deadbolt. aluminum everything pretty much. love the forum! gives me some ideas on what crawler imma buy next.
RatBoy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #2083
RCC Addict

Welcome to the site Newbs!
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #2084
Rock Stacker

my first diy chassis build with the HG P402 parts and modified drive train...

[IMG]IMG_4308 by e_denubo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_4310 by e_denubo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_4329 by e_denubo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_4324 by e_denubo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_4316 by e_denubo, on Flickr[/IMG]
orange617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #2085

Hi crawler types. Another n00b! I commented elsewhere then saw this intro thing...soz!!!

So i`ll try not to be a pain (works most of the time) may have the odd question......like WTF is going on with MOA axles these days???? talk about rocking horse sh*t!!!

i have a build planned, not going to waffle on but i`ll post pics and a vid (which should be a laugh...my first crawl !!!) when i`ve got sumit that works.
I know comp crawling has taken a popularity hit in recent years and in the uk seems to have become very underground if not altogether gone. Lets hope to see a revival huh.

thanks for now and catch you all soon R2EQ
R2EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 AM   #2086

Hi there.

I'm Mark, all the way from the netherlands.
I started with little bit of crawling now. Bought a second hand brushless wraith and now getting in to it.
After bashing with a traxxas slash ultimate (and destroying every thing ) this is more my cup of tea.
So far only broke an axle and a driveshaft
V8HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:41 AM   #2087

How do I put an avatar in my profile? I don't see anyplace to do it in the control panel.
guido92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:24 PM   #2088

Newb from MN. I just got a scx-10 Honcho RTR. Did a few things to it tonight that to a fellow member here on the forum. And got in a bit of crawling as well.

Going to the test and tune sunday with the MN crew

Heres a pic of my rig. Stock honcho with the side guards removed.
Gameover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #2089

New to crawling but not to RC. Been in it since the 70's started with boats, then cars, then sponsored racer, then planes, then drones. I 3d print and can't wait to make some crawler stuff. I already printed out cones for the course. I also design my own fpv racing drones and can't wait to try some fpv in this rig.

My home is surround by rock. I can't believe I waited this long to get into this. Having a blast. Bought some new rims and tires today along with a savox servo. As if right on time, I broke 2 servo arms going for more rock bouncing today.

Here she is stock:
Antslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:25 PM   #2090

Good afternoon and thanks for hosting this forum.

I'm Tyler and my son has started to show an interest in RC, he's 6. We already have a Traxxas Stampede and a couple of planes but now we're considering a crawler.

I'm having a hard time identifying a compromise that's somewhere between the $150-300 entry level (Toys-R-Us excluded) and the $1500-2000 comp level. The cavalier attitude is the former is junk, the latter is the only way to go, and you may have luck in the classifieds.

And so it begins...
thys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #2091

hello Steeve from quebec , canada was into rc when i was a teen now im 40 and i plan to buy a rc crawler soon !
Bleak Existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #2092

Howdy!

I'm Chris living in the hot and humid state of Florida. I've been into RC since the late 70's to early 80's (with large breaks in there). I'm looking at getting into ground FPV mostly after finding out that I really stink at flying FPV (at least on the ground I won't fall from the sky).

There has been a lot of support for my questions and will be doing a subscription today as a "thanks" to everyone! I'm happy to support such a friendly and helpful place!
cwhfsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #2093

Hi all! I'm an RC novice, and total crawler newb.

I have a Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 I've been bashing for a while. It's a blast, but requires lots of room to run. I've been thinking about getting a smaller RC and discovered the Vaterra Slickrock, which eventually led me to this forum.

At this point I'm mostly lurking, digging for info on modifying the Slickrock. This forum is dangerous to the wallet! I'm on the verge of ordering one of Billet Works Designs Mini Wedge LP2.0 chassis kits. So cool.

Many thanks to the host and for all the info you guys share.
FullTwisting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:30 PM   #2094

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]What's up guys! I'm Trey from Clemson South Carolina and I'm a bit of a novice in the RC world. I'm a total new when it comes to crawlers though.

I currently have and AXIAL RR10 Bomber that I'm looking to upgrade soon, so any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows where I can find custom parts that'd be cool too.
I also have a Traxxas slash thats mildly modified and mostly used for bashing.

Many thanks to all the guys who make this website possible and i look forward to great times ahead
Treyk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:07 AM   #2095

Replacing motors in losi micro crawlers to sct Motors. Newb question: will this work and will I get more speed?
Pxwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #2096

Hi, my name is Josh. I'm new here and to the crawler scene. I've been bashing around in a short course Stadium Blitzer that's slightly modified along with a Tamiya TB-01 Subaru 2001 prototype. I've been reading about crawlers for a year and recently picked up the HPI Crawler King. I know it's far from the best out there and I'm very limited on upgrades. It seems to do mild rock crawling fairly well and just fine on scaling. All and all I'm not too disappointed. Yes I have the steering servo on the axle lol. Now I'm going to get into a question...
Where can you find "rock crawlers" such as the XR10 etc.? I've been to sites, stores, EBay, and there is nothing outside of the Redcat, Losi Nightcrawler, and 1/8 Exceed. I say 1/8 Exceed cause I'm looking for 1/10 moa. It seems like everything is discontinued or junk. Axial is pretty much only making scaling trucks. Where are they at? Somebody's got to be making something cool out there. I like scaling. It's pretty fun but I want to get into some real rock crawling with all the bells and whistles. It doesn't even need to come with all the goodies as long as they're available for me to do the upgrades.
Thanks for everything!
JRock77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #2097

Anybody? I know there are a lot of great minds in this field. I just wanted to get the intro out of the way and one really important question (to me) out there for some help. Thx!
JRock77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #2098
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock77 View Post
Hi, my name is Josh. I'm new here and to the crawler scene. I've been bashing around in a short course Stadium Blitzer that's slightly modified along with a Tamiya TB-01 Subaru 2001 prototype. I've been reading about crawlers for a year and recently picked up the HPI Crawler King. I know it's far from the best out there and I'm very limited on upgrades. It seems to do mild rock crawling fairly well and just fine on scaling. All and all I'm not too disappointed. Yes I have the steering servo on the axle lol. Now I'm going to get into a question...
Where can you find "rock crawlers" such as the XR10 etc.? I've been to sites, stores, EBay, and there is nothing outside of the Redcat, Losi Nightcrawler, and 1/8 Exceed. I say 1/8 Exceed cause I'm looking for 1/10 moa. It seems like everything is discontinued or junk. Axial is pretty much only making scaling trucks. Where are they at? Somebody's got to be making something cool out there. I like scaling. It's pretty fun but I want to get into some real rock crawling with all the bells and whistles. It doesn't even need to come with all the goodies as long as they're available for me to do the upgrades.
Thanks for everything!
If you're looking for the axial XR10 kit, google XR10 crawler. I found a few kits that were still in stock, you could call them to see if it really is in stock.

This is one of the sites I came across:

Axial XR10 1/10th 4WD Electric Rock Crawler Kit
vp6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:11 PM   #2099
Pebble Pounder

I wouldn't trust that site rchobbiesndo site, even though it has a paypal logo the founds won't go through and they want you to wire them the money instead. If you do a search just about that site not many good things come up about them. Just be carefull is all I can say.
Bry73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:27 AM   #2100

Hey im Bobby From the bay area.I have a HPI Crawler king that i have been modifying into a somewhat scale crawler.
madmaninahat is offline   Reply With Quote