Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: One more Backyard Crawler Course....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: One more Backyard Crawler Course....

My wife and I just moved into a new home and these posts are truly inspirational... big thanks for posting! Hopefully sometime early next year I'll have enough indoor projects completed that I can set my sights on doing something in our backyard like you've done.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv1985 View Post
My bad, almost forgot to look out for my on-road oldies! Been a while since I used them so it would be nice to have a paved track. How's this for an Old School lineup:

Losi Street Weapon, Nitro TC3, Yokomo MR4, HPI RS4 and Mini RS4.
Now you understand why we ALL need give backyards...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
My wife and I just moved into a new home and these posts are truly inspirational... big thanks for posting! Hopefully sometime early next year I'll have enough indoor projects completed that I can set my sights on doing something in our backyard like you've done.
Congrats on your new Home! Hopefully you can build your own, always fun to have a course in your own backyard. Thanks for the compliment
mv1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:14 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Now you understand why we ALL need give backyards...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Agree 100%
Old 11-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Great work! Pro Tip: Consider a brad nailer (Ryobi makes one for the One+ system). Makes revetment construction a breeze, compared to nails and screws. And no splitting.

Thanks for the tip! Awesome looking wall!
Old 11-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #26
Go Buckeyes!

Great looking backyard course mv! Adding the rocks and the greenery really gave it a nice touch!

I have been telling myself for 2 years now that I need to build me a course in my backyard, but life seems to always get in the way! So I'm hoping next spring I can finally get started on mine when the weather breaks!

Thanks for sharing!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Great looking backyard course mv! Adding the rocks and the greenery really gave it a nice touch!

I have been telling myself for 2 years now that I need to build me a course in my backyard, but life seems to always get in the way! So I'm hoping next spring I can finally get started on mine when the weather breaks!

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated! Good luck with your future build

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Whoa so cool! No excuse to not be first place now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:03 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Looking real nice! I’ve slowly been knocking in trails and features in my backyard. No scale accessories yet, but I’ll get there eventually. Keep up the good work!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:07 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redronin View Post
Whoa so cool! No excuse to not be first place now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Ronin!
Old 11-02-2019, 05:09 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Looking real nice! I’ve slowly been knocking in trails and features in my backyard. No scale accessories yet, but I’ll get there eventually. Keep up the good work!
Thanks mewalsh100, appreciate the compliment!
Old 11-03-2019, 12:30 AM   #32

Great course. Do you think you will get tired of doing the same course every day?
Sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:10 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop View Post
Great course. Do you think you will get tired of doing the same course every day?
Thanks
Not sure if I'll get tired of it anytime soon, still have rocks to put in on the clay. I guess after a while I'll change up the course or add on, depending how much the wife let's me expand It's just a nice spot to have in the backyard to de-stress and practice for comps.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Thanks and you're welcome. You're going to want a covered bridge at some point, too.

Someone in my crawler group is building his...

Wow, nice bridge, might have to give that a try, especially now that I have a Ryobi brad nailer on the way! Thanks hobbyjumper!
Old 11-03-2019, 09:14 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Looks pretty good. One thing to note thought is if that fence is not vinyl, then it is going to rot out really quick with all that dirt and sand piled on it.

Second, you never ask for permission from your wife. Once you do you have lost all power and will never be able to do what you want without approval. Repeat after me,"I am going to build a really cool rock crawler course in the back yard. It is going to be a lot of fun for me and make me happy."

Remember two principles. "I am going to do ......" & "It will make me happy." Then to bring her into the process you ask if she has a specific area she would prefer you build it. Now you let her be part of the decision making process without giving up your power to make decisions for yourself. This does not mean you are going act like chauvinistic man, just one who can make decisions. Trust me (I've been married 15 years with three kids), women like a strong decisive man. Chances are it will make you more attractive to her as well.

The above is the way to do it. Below is a servery wrong way to run a marriage. You are the man, be one, or she will loose all respect for you! ------>

Quote:
Inspired by many on this forum who built a backyard crawler course, and the fact there's nowhere to crawl around here, I decided to try my hand at it. First, had to get approval from Da Boss (Wife) Once she gave her blessing, there were several stipulations.....

No mudpits, cannot look like a messy rock quarry and it should have some type of shrubbery around it. Since that was not what I had in mind, I stood my ground and said "Yes Dear"

Anyway, here we go.....
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
Looks pretty good. One thing to note thought is if that fence is not vinyl, then it is going to rot out really quick with all that dirt and sand piled on it.

Second, you never ask for permission from your wife. Once you do you have lost all power and will never be able to do what you want without approval. Repeat after me,"I am going to build a really cool rock crawler course in the back yard. It is going to be a lot of fun for me and make me happy."

Remember two principles. "I am going to do ......" & "It will make me happy." Then to bring her into the process you ask if she has a specific area she would prefer you build it. Now you let her be part of the decision making process without giving up your power to make decisions for yourself. This does not mean you are going act like chauvinistic man, just one who can make decisions. Trust me (I've been married 15 years with three kids), women like a strong decisive man. Chances are it will make you more attractive to her as well.

The above is the way to do it. Below is a servery wrong way to run a marriage. You are the man, be one, or she will loose all respect for you! ------>
Stomp, I hope you're kidding, because that is some of the worst advice I've read on here in a long time! I've been married for over 50 years, been RCing since the early 80s and have never been lacking of any RC goodies I've wanted because I do share with my wife what I want or need. Please tell us your kidding!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Stomp, I hope you're kidding, because that is some of the worst advice I've read on here in a long time! I've been married for over 50 years, been RCing since the early 80s and have never been lacking of any RC goodies I've wanted because I do share with my wife what I want or need. Please tell us your kidding!
Ernie

Yeah it was my attempt at satirical writing. I think it worked. LOL! However I do believe that Both parties in a relationship should have an equal say, which is what I was trying to get across with the OP in a satirical manner.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post

Oh yeah Stomp, I'm really going to follow your advice on a Happy Marriage....

To answer your first question, it's a vinyl fence so it's good.
Second, been married for 33 years, three grown kids and two grandkids. My wife is a Saint and has approved my RC addiction since day one. I just said the "Yes Dear" part as a joke. Thanks for the compliment on the crawler course and the good laugh with your post, hilarious
Old 11-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Ernie
Thanks Ernie
Been RCing since 1985, hence the year on my forum name.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks Ernie
Been RCing since 1985, hence the year on my forum name.
Yeah, we started about the same time, I still have my first RC10, all decked out with Lunsford TI (I was Kelly's first customer) Resistor speed control and everything. And no swiss cheese.!!!

I didn't think stomp was serious, but couldn't let it go. Thanks for the laugh stomp. And it sounds like we both have sweethearts for wives!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote

One more Backyard Crawler Course.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Backyard Crawler Course LooseMoose1978 General Crawlers 59 10-06-2017 10:13 AM
Backyard crawler course. Dan Thehomelessman Videos! 0 07-11-2017 03:15 PM
Backyard Crawler Course navycrawler Newbie General 22 09-10-2006 03:45 PM
backyard crawler maybe? yamaharider308a Tamiya TLT Crawlers 6 06-29-2006 08:03 PM
Backyard crawler! Lt. Dan General Crawlers 15 12-27-2005 06:46 PM