Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What’s next from Axial?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2021, 01:49 PM   #381

Default Re: What’s next from Axial?

I just got a call from my LHS, my Ryft is in but I cannot take it until Friday.

Oh, the humanity!!
mark2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #382
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2215 View Post
I just got a call from my LHS, my Ryft is in but I cannot take it until Friday.

Oh, the humanity!!
So we seem to have established that those that ordered them in stores will get them on time, but I don't know of anyone that ordered it online that has received any kind of shipping notification...

Hope they plan to ship this thing overnight or something; they are running out of time to ship it and it actually arrive when they say it will.
MrAwesome987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #383
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome987 View Post
So we seem to have established that those that ordered them in stores will get them on time, but I don't know of anyone that ordered it online that has received any kind of shipping notification...

Hope they plan to ship this thing overnight or something; they are running out of time to ship it and it actually arrive when they say it will.
What if they are shipped and everyone will be charged friday? would be crazy but they have tracking and everyones billing...
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:16 PM   #384
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
YES! Mines waiting at my Lhs Right now for the release date!
I was late to the party and just ordered my so I dont expect it but find it odd they add that post to the page. Glad your getting yours and look to seeing a thread
Old 03-03-2021, 08:56 AM   #385
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I preordered mine thru my LHS like I usually do right after Axial made the product announcement. My LHS just called me a few minutes ago and said that they were contacted by Horizon Hobby to say that they're initial shipment has been delayed until the beginning of April due to manufacturing issues. Ugh

The weird thing is, I called the next closest LHS to me, which is a much larger store but is unfortunately 120 miles away, and they received a big shipment of them last week. Like others have said, that store cannot sell them until Friday.

Now I have to decide whether I want to wait another month or spend a day on the road driving to get one. Who am I kidding--road trip!
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:24 AM   #386
Rock Crawler

Looks like we’re gonna have a V 1 and a V 2 Ryft. That is, ìf they fix whatever kept them holding back after the first shipment ( accidentlally? ) went worldwide..

By the by, just tried a Gencace 3s 50c. Wày too much power, and due to the lack of sensoring, the power comes in like a rocketship. *cog, cog, cog* KERBLAAM! Completely uncontrollable without AVC. The torque twist - even with 4 dampers and a sway at the rear makes it veer quite violently to the right if there’s no AVC. Quite the handful, I’d say. The flipside is that You’ll never be short of sudden bursts of speed and clawing uphill-ability.. My god.. it flew up my favorite sandy, loamy hill like a rat on fire.

On the straights it juuust ticks 60km/h, and is there in an alarming short time that wouldn’t look bad on a sand-dragster..

I’m getting too old for this $h.. 40 to 50 km/h with an off-road is enough for me, I guess..
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #387
RCC Addict

My card was charged so I should have mine soon. Don't think by Saturday but its sooner then later.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2021, 07:16 PM   #388
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
My card was charged so I should have mine soon. Don't think by Saturday but its sooner then later.

Just checked mine, it is showing up on my CC!
Old 03-04-2021, 05:26 AM   #389
RCC Addict

Quote:
Just checked mine, it is showing up on my CC!
I got tracking lastnight and is expected friday. Now we need a thread for everyone's new Ryft builds. ;)

Old 03-04-2021, 05:40 AM   #390
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
I got tracking lastnight and is expected friday. Now we need a thread for everyone's new Ryft builds. ;)

No tracking for mine yet, hopefully I'll get that today! If it shows up this week, I'm planning to put it to work Saturday! Going to try and get my brother into crawling with it, lol.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:59 AM   #391
Pebble Pounder

Mine is sitting at LHS for pickup tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
98sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:55 AM   #392
RCC Addict

Mine is around 4 years out if I keep to current schedule I'll buy one of your used ones when they come out with V3
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:39 AM   #393
Pebble Pounder

Just got my tracking information! Says it's shipping from Illinois and will be at my house tomorrow (SC). We'll see I guess.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:44 AM   #394
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Just got my tracking information! Says it's shipping from Illinois and will be at my house tomorrow (SC). We'll see I guess.
im in same boat. says tomorrow to come to va. ill be lucky if I see it next Friday. I have terrible luck with fed ex.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:39 AM   #395
Pebble Pounder

Tracking has updated the delivery date to Monday. I'm really not at all upset that there were delays in shipping the truck, but I am really disappointed in Horizon Hobby for making the "Guarantee" that it would be delivered on a certain date - TWICE! If you can't assure a delivery date, then don't make the guarantee.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:25 AM   #396
RCC Addict

I work in the freight industry, and I'm going to say: there is no such thing as guaranteed delivery any more. And even if they booked 'guaranteed delivery' dates with their service provider they will not honor them. Carriers are using any/every excuse in the book to mask poor service and it is directly related to cost savings/revenue for them and I hate to say it but it may be the 'new normal' just like the grocery stores not stocking what they can't get a deal on and retail businesses running 1 of 10 checkout lines. Industry and retail will ride this as long as they can until someone they compete with breaks the ice, then they will be forced to tighten up again.

Having said that - - I do believe not getting a toy truck in the mail is a first world problem, it sucks, but it is not critical. I get that it is aggravating, but I am thankful that we can be aggravated about something like that versus where we are getting our next meal or something far more serious.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #397
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I work in the freight industry, and I'm going to say: there is no such thing as guaranteed delivery any more. And even if they booked 'guaranteed delivery' dates with their service provider they will not honor them. Carriers are using any/every excuse in the book to mask poor service and it is directly related to cost savings/revenue for them and I hate to say it but it may be the 'new normal' just like the grocery stores not stocking what they can't get a deal on and retail businesses running 1 of 10 checkout lines. Industry and retail will ride this as long as they can until someone they compete with breaks the ice, then they will be forced to tighten up again.

Having said that - - I do believe not getting a toy truck in the mail is a first world problem, it sucks, but it is not critical. I get that it is aggravating, but I am thankful that we can be aggravated about something like that versus where we are getting our next meal or something far more serious.
You are absolutely correct. We do have a lot to be thankful for in this country.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:45 AM   #398
Rock Stacker

my delivery was also updated to Monday which was expected. then at 11 am updated to out for delivery. gotta give props to fed ex and horizon for quick turnaround.
and you are right phildirt. all the stuff going on in the world today and im fussing over a toy delivery.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:14 AM   #399
RCC Addict

My comments about it being a toy and what not were not meant to take away from enjoying the hobby/etc, more just illustrating how blessed we are. I am involved in mission work and have seen how the other 97% of this planet lives...we tend to manufacture stress on the 3% side. Not saying I don't get irritated over shipping delays...well most of the time I forget I even ordered stuff lol.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:46 PM   #400
RCC Addict

Fed ex is saying today by 8pm and I'll go 3rd world if they lied about me getting my toy.

What’s next from Axial? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM