Notices

Thread: What’s next from Axial?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2021, 06:34 PM   #161
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What’s next from Axial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
What do you all think for electronics? I have a castle 1415 (3670) 2400kv in a wraith paired with a MMX, seems like a perfect combo for the ryft. Or, a puller pro 3500kv. Or, if it fits, one of holmes 40mm cans. FyI, my bday is in March, I'd like an orange one....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
You have a 3670 can shoe horned into a Wraith?
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2021, 06:37 PM   #162
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What do you all think for electronics? I have a castle 1415 (3670) 2400kv in a wraith paired with a MMX, seems like a perfect combo for the ryft. Or, a puller pro 3500kv. Or, if it fits, one of holmes 40mm cans. FyI, my bday is in March, I'd like an orange one....

At this point with only like 8 people having them it's hard to say what is going to be the best way to set these up. Along with all the speculation about what is going to fail first, or the it needs to be locked all around to be good I would take with a grain of salt until it actually comes out and the masses get to using it. Considering everything is a new design you shouldn't be basing this model on any other designs.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:40 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druxus View Post
At this point with only like 8 people having them it's hard to say what is going to be the best way to set these up. Along with all the speculation about what is going to fail first, or the it needs to be locked all around to be good I would take with a grain of salt until it actually comes out and the masses get to using it. Considering everything is a new design you shouldn't be basing this model on any other designs.

Exactly. The biggest motor that one can afford and will fit would be the best choice. But we won’t know until everyone starts getting them.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:45 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

After watching Harley's teardown, I am impressed... Def much beefier than a Ar60!
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:19 PM   #165
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
You have a 3670 can shoe horned into a Wraith?
Yes, had to move the transmission over to the left and a forward. Seems to center the weight better, and makes the driveshafts straighter.

Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:25 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes, had to move the transmission over to the left and a forward. Seems to center the weight better, and makes the driveshafts straighter.

Ah. Gotcha.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:39 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
After watching Harley's teardown, I am impressed... Def much beefier than a Ar60!

I tried watching it but that damned cat drove me nuts. I made it to the front axle teardown and got too irritated. Kick the damned cat out and shut the gawdammed door!

I'll try it again this week but for now that cat can fawk off.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:37 AM   #168
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Based on my experience with Axial’s previous 2.2 beadlocks included with trucks, the first time the diff unloads under full throttle, you tire will be flung off the wheel and into the next time zone. Glue on wheels, while cheap and annoying, do a pretty reliable job of keeping the tire firmly in place in comparison to some cheap beadlocks.
Exàctly my experience too. Had that problem with several bead locks from different manufacturers! And that was with locked diffs. If it came loose in jumps after fast straights, it usually flipped in the air and the tires would go all pizza-cutter and fly out of the bead. ( then the car would land crooked... and invariably ate the AR60 axles.. woops. )

Note to self : Mebbe NOT put a 5700kv Castle @ 3s in a Wraith?? Oh, and let off the throttle after coming loose in a jump..

The Ryft being the over-powered hill-climbing-hillbilly-shaker it is (especially on 4s) .. well.. I’ll keep the glued tires, thank You very much.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:44 AM   #169
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Wait..whût??

A 3670 in a Wraith?? My word! I use a Robitronic 7.5t sensored 3670 3380kv in the TXT-1, and that truck, big and heavy as it is, already gets pretty scary @3s ( with a 17t pinion.) let alone a much lighter Wraith.. Impressive!

the motor I am talking about : https://shop.robitronic.com/de/robit...s-motor-r03201

Last edited by Jay-Em; 01-17-2021 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #170
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I tried watching it but that damned cat drove me nuts.
Same here. I wanted to watch, but just couldn't.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:49 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

A shop in Australia has the Ryft kit up on their site, wouldn’t be surprised if it is officially released for Horizon’s typical Thursday announcement this week.

https://www.rchobbyland.com/axial-rb...r-kit-axi03009
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #172
RCC Addict

"OPTION PARTS INCLUDED

The RBX10™ Ryft™ 4WD kit comes with parts need to build it with a single or two-speed transmission (servo not included), as well as optional rear sway-bar, rear aluminium link plates, and spool/locker"
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:20 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Note the alternate spelling of key words:

Interco Super Swamper TSL (Three Stage Lug) Bogger tyres

durable one-piece, moulded plastic, solid-axle design

rear aluminium link plates

Definitely was specifically written for the Australian market!

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:52 PM   #174
RCC Addict

"Laughs in Australian"

Definitely getting the kit version if I ever talk myself into not buying a cheap ass wraith instead
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:24 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Same here. I wanted to watch, but just couldn't.
After about the hour mark the kitty gets kicked out finally. I watched it last night. Well sorta, I skipped ahead a bunch when the action wasn't something that looked interesting but the trans looks bomb diggity!
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:36 PM   #176
RCC Addict

The grey doesnt look bad at all. Kinda makes me wanna swap out a rtr preorder for the kit version lol. But i think ill stick with the rtr, since i dont have any electronics to drop in one atm. But may get the kit version later on
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:01 AM   #177

I really like the grey. I switched my pre-order from orange to black but if kit available I would go for that (not for the grey, just for the fun of the build)
SkidderUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:37 PM   #178
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
A shop in Australia has the Ryft kit up on their site, wouldn’t be surprised if it is officially released for Horizon’s typical Thursday announcement this week.

https://www.rchobbyland.com/axial-rb...r-kit-axi03009
Grey cage.. hmm.. dyeable ? That’d be nice. Dye it neon apple green, or something..

They were in a hurry making the pics.. front tyre (yes.. I went there.. ) is partially unseated. I wonder how they got them. Couldn’t find pics of the kit on Axial’s site.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:56 PM   #179
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Em View Post
Grey cage.. hmm.. dyeable ? That’d be nice. Dye it neon apple green, or something..

They were in a hurry making the pics.. front tyre (yes.. I went there.. ) is partially unseated. I wonder how they got them. Couldn’t find pics of the kit on Axial’s site.
Wow, I went to double-check, and you are correct - the tyre/tire/black rubber donut is not fully seated on the rim!

I totally missed that when I first looked...

Yeah - I would not want to leave the chassis that grey color. I'd go rusty reddish-brown or olive green dye, and then probably shoot the exterior with some matte clear. I like the built in a barn style bouncers!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:27 AM   #180
RCC Addict

According to randall on wed nite livestream takeover, the kit wasnt supposed to b announced yet. Somebody slipped up. Personally, i kinda like that gray color. Gives it that barn built look, like they got it primed but not enuf time to paint it. If i was to get the gray, id either do leave it or do like durok said n go with a rusty reddish color. But i also like the bright green apple or maybe even a deep rich purple.

I cant wait til they start kickin these things out to us. I can hear the dirt/rock hill behind the concrete plant screamin 'come play' lol. I pro-ordered the trailin arm braces last nite, along with a 8mm driver.
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote

What’s next from Axial? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM