Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: TorqueMaster Pro Handwound Rock Crawler motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #601
Rock Stacker

ok thanks for the info, what will the 6 degrees of forward timing do? and is there still time to get my motor turned forward and still get it by friday? or is that a longer wait for timing advance?
tdlosinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #602
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Timing takes about 5 seconds.

6 degrees will increase your wheelspeed a small amount and increase your power a touch too. It is a good all around point for 35t motors.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #603
Quarry Creeper

John, i'm running a bully and was planning to buy 2 45 5 web. What timing should I fill out on your order form on the site?
Jeykito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #604

Just tell me you are running a bully and I will take care of the rest.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #605
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Just tell me you are running a bully and I will take care of the rest.
John, you're tha Man!
Gear Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #606
Quarry Creeper

Wicked!! Thanks man!!
Jeykito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #607
Rock Crawler

John, my current rig sits as follows:

Axial SCX10
Tekin machine wound 45T crawler motor
Tekin FXR
Hyperion 2600mah 2S LiPo

I am happy with this setup except for one thing, I would like it to go just a bit faster on the flat parts of trails. Currently it's top speed is a normal walking pace. I am thinking that one of your Torquemaster Pro hand wounds in either 40T or 45T flavor might be the ticket to getting that extra speed without putting to much extra stress on parts or losing any of my current setup's torque and low speed control-ability. What do you think? How much faster do you think my rig would be with either of those motors? Would I lose torque or low speed control-ability if I went with the 40T? Let me know if you would recommend something else as well as I am open to suggestions.

Thanks
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #608

I would say the 40t will be a good bet. You will see about a 10% bump in wheelspeed with no load, but under load you will have higher speeds too. Torque will go up, power will go up, efficiency will go up as well.

Your low speed control will probably be better unless you have done some work to your machine wound.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #609
RCC Addict

hey johnrobholmes, got my motor 30t motor in that i bought from u and, truthfully i have to say I LOVE IT. i bought a torquemaster pro 540 in 30t with a 5mm comm and a 10mm web, and it has has plenty of wheel speed with a 19tooth pinion and a 87tooth axial trans spur gear. and it has ALOT of toque. so if theres anyone out there looking to get one of these motors highly recamend it.

thats john for making such a kickass brushed crawler motor
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #610
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I would say the 40t will be a good bet. You will see about a 10% bump in wheelspeed with no load, but under load you will have higher speeds too. Torque will go up, power will go up, efficiency will go up as well.

Your low speed control will probably be better unless you have done some work to your machine wound.
If I went with a 35T do you think I would maintain the same amount of torque that I have now? Would a 35T put too much stress on the battery, driveline components to the point that I would have to be careful and monitor them all the time?
I don't bash my truck by any means, so it wouldn't go full speed for more than a minute or two at most and that would be on flat ground. When crawling I usually go slow and steady as opposed to mashing the throttle.

And the last question, that I am sure you get asked all of the time, what timing should I go with on a 40 or 35 turn motor that will be used in the way that I will use it?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and rest assured you will get a sale out of it.
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #611

About 6 degrees is a good starting point for the motor speeds we run.

You will get more torque from the 35t, but you will have to monitor power or else things will get broken. Same for the 40t, just not as much.

Thanks for the feedback VCD! Glad you like it!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #612
Rock Crawler

Hello Mr. Holmes,

I've heard great things about you and your products so I'd like to ask you about a new motor for my Jeep build.

I have an SCX-10 based Class 3 rig, 5.5" tall tires, 8-10lbs, 3s lipo, and would like it to run cool for an hour of run time. My friend Chris (Gimp) recommended your TorqueMaster Pro 540 Handwound, 30-35T, 5mm web, 6 degrees timing, with standup brushes. Does that sound like a good match for me? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
cbp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #613

Depending on your throttle finger, that won't run cool after a solid hour of running. A 40t or 45t would run cooler for sure. It would be a pretty kick ass setup though, even if it did get warm by the end of the run!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #614
Rock Crawler

How soon will you have the TorqueMaster 40T in stock?

Quote:
Depending on your throttle finger, that won't run cool after a solid hour of running. A 40t or 45t would run cooler for sure. It would be a pretty kick ass setup though, even if it did get warm by the end of the run!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #615

We are winding some now on 5mm web. I have more standard 4mm web motors coming, and also have some 4mm web 7.5mm comm blanks here we could wind if you want a boost o power without going too nuts.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #616
Rock Crawler

Can you please send me a pm when you get the 40T 5mm web motors finished?
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
We are winding some now on 5mm web. I have more standard 4mm web motors coming, and also have some 4mm web 7.5mm comm blanks here we could wind if you want a boost o power without going too nuts.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #617

I won't remember to PM you honestly. You could order it as a "Custom" wind motor and we would ship them as soon as they are done.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #618
Rock Crawler

Just wondering if you'll get any of the 40T's in soon. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #619
RCC Addict

John I need a recommendation from you if you have time. I'm (re)building a RTR SCX10. It'll be light weight with smaller tires (4" - 4.5") and a h3 hardbody. I'd like to get some long run times, 2 or 3s lipo.

Here's my issue...my kids both have bl stampedes. I love speed. I don't want something that will keep up with their trucks by any means, but if I have a motor that only runs at walking speeds I'd be bored out of my mind. I need to be able to squeeze the trigger and take off if I want to.

Torquemaster ESC with ??t Torquemaster Pro?

Thanks!
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #620
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
About 6 degrees is a good starting point for the motor speeds we run.

You will get more torque from the 35t, but you will have to monitor power or else things will get broken. Same for the 40t, just not as much.

Thanks for the feedback VCD! Glad you like it!
Okay, I've narrowed it down to the handwound pro motor 35t. Just wondering about the broken parts you mentioned above. With the 35t, what are the potential parts that can be broken? Just trying to figure what I will need to change to prevent or at least minimize breakage over the stock items.
I will be using AX/SCX, stock for now, Axial axles and trans, MIP drive shafts, 2.2 5.5 inch tires, BRXL and 3s. Rig weight I'll guess in the 6 to 8 pound range. If you need more info, let me know. Thanks for your help and your outstanding products!
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote

TorqueMaster Pro Handwound Rock Crawler motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R1 w/ HH TorqueMaster Pro 540 Handwound nafie Electronics 2 07-16-2011 10:12 AM