Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: TorqueMaster BR-XL Big Brushed Power!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #881
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Yep, it will shut it down before damage on any voltage lipo- automatically.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #882
Pebble Pounder

Awesome thanks alot John.
Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #883
Pebble Pounder

John...I paid using PayPal. Got a confirmation receipt and a confirmation from you as well. I will forward the emails to you. I was wondering why I hadn't received it yet.
Order #7251

Last edited by inkdaddy66; 08-04-2011 at 09:28 AM.
inkdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #884
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
Also if my Newb skills are growing, this ESC should turn my Lipo off with the LVC before it damages my Lipo Battery even being 3S?
Like John said yes...... but you have to make sure the ESC is programed to "auto lipo shut off". Mine out of the box was set to no cut off. So make sure every thing is ok in the castle link and loads up fine and you are golden
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #885

You sure yours was set to no cutoff from the box? They should be auto lipo from the box and I haven't run across one that wasn't yet. We did have an issue on 1.02 firmware where it would not cutoff proper though.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #886
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
You sure yours was set to no cutoff from the box? They should be auto lipo from the box and I haven't run across one that wasn't yet. We did have an issue on 1.02 firmware where it would not cutoff proper though.
Yea it was there for sure. I pulled out of bag and right to the castle link just to see what cool stuff was in there. The firmware is the newest firmware. I just clicked it to auto and let it program. Then it went on and off the castle link a couple of times to dick around with all the adjustments of brakes, holmes hold and the "silent". Had no real issues. Weird thing was the auto lipo was the default but was not on it when i put it on there the first time.... donno maybe post man changed it No worries.... i always check everything before i just blindly run it in my rigs. Hell I had a MMP that out of the box had jerky throttle and jerky brakes on my 1/8 scale offroad. Tossed it on the link and there it was. The throttle and brake curves were not at a 45% from the factory. They were stepped like the top of a castle all the way up and all the way down. I straight lined it and all was well.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #887
RCC Addict

Default HH br-xl proto waterproof test

it works very well jonh...thanks again.. pics to show how great it works

i took it thru water all day deep deep water..brxl held up great..but the torquemaster eat it...brushes ate into my comm and my buddy had a lathe onsite and he turned it down and off for the rest of the day...thanks for amazing product jonh
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #888
Pebble Pounder

I'm in need of a br-xl waterproofed, do you have in stock?
TrademarkJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #889

yes I do.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #890
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
yes I do.

Ok I'm ordering tomorrow through the website
TrademarkJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #891

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #892
I wanna be Dave

Are the waterproof BRXL's that RPP carries your latest and greatest.
Thanks,
Chris
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #893
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Are the waterproof BRXL's that RPP carries your latest and greatest.
Thanks,
Chris
Im sure they are. Even if they are on a previous version you can plug it into the castle link and update it to the newest version. Takes a min or two
Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #894
"HOLLYWOOD"

Hey John quick question so I have 2 BRXL's hooked up on my berg and they are binded and hooked up fine, my problem is when I hit the throttle it take a while before the rear motor kicks in when I go forward and the other way around when I go in reverse it takes a while before it starts to role and I know the esc is picking up the signal cause the motor gets quiet.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #895
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Hey John quick question so I have 2 BRXL's hooked up on my berg and they are binded and hooked up fine, my problem is when I hit the throttle it take a while before the rear motor kicks in when I go forward and the other way around when I go in reverse it takes a while before it starts to role and I know the esc is picking up the signal cause the motor gets quiet.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey Mini, I had this happen. I assume you are running an ext BEC, so have both red wires from the escs been pulled from the rx plug? I think I might have killed a BRXL setting my dual set-up up. I had the same issues as you did on my test table- then I realized that I had both red wires plugged in the rx including the bec, I tore the escs apart to try to maybe duplicate the problem to make sure that I didnt have a bad unit, ran one at a time and I saw a little smoke from one. Luckily I had another BRXL in the closet from the giveaways at ECC. I'm not sure if I had a bad esc or if I fried it. The second time around everything worked out great.

Did you make sure that only 1 esc was plugged into the RX during calibration? Also... when you programmed the ESCs with the Castle Link, did you have the power wires separated like the instructions say to?

Last edited by helhedded; 08-16-2011 at 07:44 AM.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #896
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Hey Mini, I had this happen. I assume you are running an ext BEC, so have both red wires from the escs been pulled from the rx plug? I think I might have killed a BRXL setting my dual set-up up. I had the same issues as you did on my test table- then I realized that I had both red wires plugged in the rx including the bec, I tore the escs apart to try to maybe duplicate the problem to make sure that I didnt have a bad unit, ran one at a time and I saw a little smoke from one. Luckily I had another BRXL in the closet from the giveaways at ECC. I'm not sure if I had a bad esc or if I fried it. The second time around everything worked out great.

Did you make sure that only 1 esc was plugged into the RX during calibration? Also... when you programmed the ESCs with the Castle Link, did you have the power wires separated like the instructions say to?

Ok the way I have it setup is I have 2 + and 2 - coming out of one esc which is were I plug in the battery and the BEC (I have the BEC on a micro dean) then I ran a + and - out the back into the 2nd esc. This is how I have it wired.

Yes I am running an external BEC.

I programmed both esc before I installed and sodered anything. Then I wired everything up. I did bind each esc separate before plugging anything up.

Hope this helps, I think I might have to give you can to walk me through cause I bought these from a friend and they didn't come with any manual.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #897
I wanna be Dave

Hey John, I may have missed it, but are you using a new waterproofing technique nowadays? My old BR-XL didn't have an external plastic case, but my new one does and it appears the potting compound is all contained within the plastic housing. Just want to make sure I didn't get a regular, non-WP version, that's all.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #898

Tommy,

We are doing a new WP, it is inside the case all fancy like!

Mini,

You either have some throttle damping on the controller programming or it is a bum unit.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #899
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Tommy,

We are doing a new WP, it is inside the case all fancy like!

Mini,

You either have some throttle damping on the controller programming or it is a bum unit.
Dam that stinks cause the units came back from you

I'll check the remote just to make sure I don't have something turned down thanks John

Ashton thanks a ton for all your help
Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #900

Could also be a radio programming. We can get you set up with an extra unit for troubleshooting if needbe, just say the word.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/200916-torquemaster-br-xl-big-brushed-power.html
Posted By For Type Date
HH TorqueMaster BR-XL new bad boy esc! This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:37 PM