Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: TorqueMaster BR-XL Big Brushed Power!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #941

I can't find anything concrete, so i'll try my luck in asking.
I'm looking to buy an XR10, along with two of your Expert 540 (35T) motors and a BR-XL.
I'll be running this setup from a Spektrum DX3S. Current batteries are 5450mah 2s Maxamps, so i'll no doubt invest in some smaller capacity 3s to run this.
I'm not looking to blow away comps or anything, so i don't think i need a dig system (or maybe i do?)
Will this setup work for me? The alternative is a second BR-XL and a Futaba 4PL, but i'd like to save $300 if possible

Appreciate any feedback

Last edited by ween; 10-31-2011 at 10:21 PM.
ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #942
Pebble Pounder

Default I searched, but can't really find a concrete answer

I just had the postman deliver my HH torquemaster pro and BRXL controller. I'm looking forward to getting it mounted up, but I have a question for those of you running this combo...it ( the controller) isn't wired for an "on-off" switch...are you running one, or just plugging in the battery and running?

If you are running a spearate on-off switch, are you wiring it between the controller and battery, or between the motor and the controller?

It's going into a Wraith, which of course uses an on-off switch. I'm not adverse to running with no switch, just curious what most people are doing.
YYCADM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #943
I wanna be Dave

No on/off switch necessary...just plug in and go and be sure to unplug afterwards
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #944
Quarry Creeper

No switch
annedecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #945
Pebble Pounder

No switch it is! Like I said, no problem for me, I was just curious if anyone else was wiring in a switch
YYCADM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #946
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ween View Post
I can't find anything concrete, so i'll try my luck in asking.
I'm looking to buy an XR10, along with two of your Expert 540 (35T) motors and a BR-XL.
I'll be running this setup from a Spektrum DX3S. Current batteries are 5450mah 2s Maxamps, so i'll no doubt invest in some smaller capacity 3s to run this.
I'm not looking to blow away comps or anything, so i don't think i need a dig system (or maybe i do?)
Will this setup work for me? The alternative is a second BR-XL and a Futaba 4PL, but i'd like to save $300 if possible

Appreciate any feedback
I think starting with two Expert motors and one ESC is a great bet. You can always add components later as your abilities increase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
No on/off switch necessary...just plug in and go and be sure to unplug afterwards
Yep, no on/ off switch.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #947
Quarry Creeper

Just wondering when you'll be getting these back in stock, along with 13t CM motors? I was getting ready to order the other day, & everything I was looking at was out of stock. I sent you a couple of emails but haven't heard back. I'm not in any huge rush since my build is seeming to take forever. I know you're a busy man, & from what I've read on this site, you're motors & esc are worth the wait. Thanks

By the way, the tech support / customer feedback thread is still locked.
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #948

I have some ESCs here, I will be sure the site is up to date. Crawlmasters we are winding as "customs" at the moment, you can select custom and get whatever you need.

Unlocked the other thread, thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #949
Quarry Creeper

Nice, I just placed my order. Thanks
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I think starting with two Expert motors and one ESC is a great bet. You can always add components later as your abilities increase!
Thanks for getting back to me John, much appreciated!
ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #951
RCC Addict

Got my BR-XL back in the mail after a weatherproofing treatment and man, the thing looks awesome. Thanks a lot John the workmanship and the prompt response is highly appreciated!

Keep up the great work!

P.S. and products too!
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #952
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Hey John, I just got my brxl's installed in my berg with crawlmaster 13t motors. The start up and slow speed control is all but gone now. When I was running fxr's they were awesome, I wonder if I have them set up wrong or if that is as good as it can be. Hold is set at 50% and everything is as shipped, running on 3s. Thanks Ty.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:24 AM   #953
Quarry Creeper

do you have any of these in stock at the moment? how soon could you get one shipped to australia?
madazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #954

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctz28 View Post
Hey John, I just got my brxl's installed in my berg with crawlmaster 13t motors. The start up and slow speed control is all but gone now. When I was running fxr's they were awesome, I wonder if I have them set up wrong or if that is as good as it can be. Hold is set at 50% and everything is as shipped, running on 3s. Thanks Ty.
Did you set up the throttle endpoints to the radio? The current firmware isn't quite as smooth as the FXR, but it is really dang close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madazz View Post
do you have any of these in stock at the moment? how soon could you get one shipped to australia?

Yep, got about a hundred in stock at the moment. Waterproofing takes an extra few days.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #955
Rock Stacker

Got my two cobalt puller motors last night. A few questions, on the side it says 7turn but it has been crossed out by a black marker swipe. Does this mean it's actually something else? Maybe 10t with a 7turn case?
chopperray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #956

The turn will be whatever you ordered. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #957
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
The turn will be whatever you ordered. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
chopperray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #958
Quarry Creeper

I ordered one on the 4th the website said back ordered. I saw a couple posts up they are in stock. I did add waterproofing, just curious when you think it might ship out? Thanks, can't wait to get my buddies xr10 running.

Sent from my dang smart, smart phone using tapatalk..
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #959
Pebble Pounder

Good Evening,

I ordered your highly recommended BR-XL over the weekend. Site said you were expecting them in on the 9th.

Do you have them in stock?

I did not add waterproofing, when do you typically ship?

Headin out of town after Saturday, just wondering if I cold expect to see it before I left. I am in GA, so not far frm you.
Chi Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #960
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: TorqueMaster BR-XL Big Brushed Power!

Any updates on the Crawl Master Mircros' ? I love my BR-Xls', but would like to ditch them for something smaller. Before someone chimes in, I also have FXRs' and Micro Sidewinders. Both of them work great, but neither of them will hold my 16T Crawl Master Pros. My BR-XLs' set at 30% drag brake with Holmes Hold on will lock my wheels up. Everything else, set at full drag brake, just slowed my XR to a controled roll at best.
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/200916-torquemaster-br-xl-big-brushed-power.html
Posted By For Type Date
HH TorqueMaster BR-XL new bad boy esc! This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:37 PM