Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #1481
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
Can i order a custom wind?
Good suggestion. I will see if my winder can work with them. I will have to teach him how to properly wind them, and his balancing equipment will be the limiting factor I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial-aaron View Post
i was thinkin of puttin a crawlmaster in my ax-10, but also looking into worm gear axles(possibly the rc4wd ones, when they come out).
either way i'm lookin at two different gearing options.
what did you mean by "depends how i gear it" and what would you recomend for either?

your expertise is quite impressive!
Really you could use an outrunner in any vehicle you choose, as long as it isn't geared too fast. If we are talking crawler speeds here, it is a great motor for 2.2's and overpowered 1.9s. It has low speed control issues like all sensorless motors, so understand that there is a minimum RPM that the motor will turn. As for gearing, the stock ax10 geardown is very good. I don't know anything about the rc4wd axles, but the final geardown can be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon635 View Post
hey Holmes, how would you compare your HH 1300 lipo to other top brand lipos on the market?
I can tell you the features, and let you make comparisons.

Matched cells (very important for strong and long lived packs)
true rated 25C continuous discharge
footprint and shape selected by me for best overall fitment on a crawler
Low price for the quality and strength of the cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatdoc View Post
John - just picked up a Crawlmaster Sport via RPP for a 2.2 rig I'm making. I have a couple of questions:
- Any issues running a Tekin RS with this motor?
- No wiring instructions, and all the wires are the same, so I assume I just experiment with the three wires to the speed control until it works? Am I placing any risk to the speed control by doing this?

thanks
John
If the motor rotates backwards, just swap two wires and it will go the other way. No harm and no risk doing this.

No issues running with the RS at all. I am not familiar with how the RS handles a sensorless motor (I don't run the RS with my crawlmasters), but I do know that it will run the crawlmaster with no worry about damage to the ESC or motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazonemore View Post
hi,
I just got a couple of the 7t motors. Can i use my sidewinder esc with these motors?
Will we be able to run 7t puller motor with the Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR ESC when it becomes available?

On 2s lipo voltage, the sidewinder would be just fine. On 3s lipo, you will have to watch your heat on the sidewinder and be careful about buying the throttle too far. Just some common sense and some temp testing on your behalf will keep you running happy

The TorqueMaster BR will have no issues with the 7t Puller.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #1482
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Good suggestion. I will see if my winder can work with them. I will have to teach him how to properly wind them, and his balancing equipment will be the limiting factor I think.
Hmm, maybe since i have to order another one anyway this is my chance to try a wind myself. Maybe a 12t single if i can find the right wire.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #1483
Rock Crawler

when well you get the fxr's back in stock?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #1484
09 RCA champ!

any idea when you will have more XH adapters in stock? id like to order a couple things and thats the only thing not in stock
Old 03-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #1485

Last edited by IILLUSIONSS; 03-16-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #1486

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomer View Post
when well you get the fxr's back in stock?
I will get more on order immediately. Looks like a company snatched up the rest wholesale while I was gone this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednck21 View Post
any idea when you will have more XH adapters in stock? id like to order a couple things and thats the only thing not in stock
I have them on backorder. I think two weeks is a good estimate on time. Everybody is out right now.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #1487
Quarry Creeper

Hi, I have a couple of motor questions on a MRC.

What is the difference between the Torque Master and the cobalt puller 454?
i am considering a new motor for my MRC. I just bought a used MRC with slingshot chassis, and it has the Losi Insane motor. i was wondering if there will be any issues with these motors fitting, and was wondering how these will compare to the Insane motor.

Thanks for your time and assistance, it very much appreciated
Old 03-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #1488
Pebble Pounder

Hey Mr. Holmes,
I see you mentioned that running 3s on the sidewinder might cause overheating issues, I recently purchased a 45t p-94 and a sidewinder from you to fit into my future losi 2.2 and plan on a 300-400oz servo, a mini servo (dig) with a cc bec also. I have been dead set on running 3s in it but now may be a little concerned. Thinking of a 2000+mah for a primary batt. and a 1300-1500 for backup all 3s. Would a cooling fan help or am I OK? I belive the sidewinder has a cutoff, right? I've never owned any lipo anything and might need some guidance from a pro. Thanks again.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #1489
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I will get it out asap!
When can I expect to see the XH adapter? I have an order # if that helps. It was "in stock" when I placed the order.
Thanks!!

Last edited by HotRodJosh; 03-17-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #1490
Pebble Pounder

IS there a some what cheap way to switch to a lipo battery on a losi mrc?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #1491
Quarry Creeper

Any idea of when you will have more 454s? Looks like the only option for the duratrax.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #1492
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman View Post
Hey Mr. Holmes,
I see you mentioned that running 3s on the sidewinder might cause overheating issues, I recently purchased a 45t p-94 and a sidewinder from you to fit into my future losi 2.2 and plan on a 300-400oz servo, a mini servo (dig) with a cc bec also. I have been dead set on running 3s in it but now may be a little concerned. Thinking of a 2000+mah for a primary batt. and a 1300-1500 for backup all 3s. Would a cooling fan help or am I OK? I belive the sidewinder has a cutoff, right? I've never owned any lipo anything and might need some guidance from a pro. Thanks again.

I will defer to JohnRob's advise, but in my experience it will be fine.
I have a sidewinder hooked to one of his 45t handwound on a 1350 3s 25c lipo with a CCBEC running a 995mg T-Pro servo and a 225mg dig servo. I have not heated it up at all.

Now onto my question,

I'm thinking about trying to make a comp rig with a total weight of under 3lbs. I am curious if one of the 454 pullers with an adapter plate would work with an axial transmission? or by the time it is adapted to the transmission would there be enough of a power to weight difference over a 35t or 45t handwound? what about the torquemaster mini?

part of the weight reasoning is the livelihood of my poulson axles. the other part is the engineering challenge.

Last edited by hairba11; 03-17-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorji View Post
Hi, I have a couple of motor questions on a MRC.

What is the difference between the Torque Master and the cobalt puller 454?
i am considering a new motor for my MRC. I just bought a used MRC with slingshot chassis, and it has the Losi Insane motor. i was wondering if there will be any issues with these motors fitting, and was wondering how these will compare to the Insane motor.

Thanks for your time and assistance, it very much appreciated
Short and simple, I think the 454 is too big for a the losi. A few guys use it, but if you don't have really good control over your throttle finger you will shred it. You may need to mod the motor plate for the 454, I haven't tried yet. I suggest the TorqueMaster Mini, it is a proper 280 motor for the rig. I can't comment on the insane motor, never touched one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman View Post
Hey Mr. Holmes,
It depends on how you drive really. With a 45t on 3s you will be pretty safe. The sidewinder does have a cutoff. I believe when I warned against 3s it was with a Cobalt Puller 7t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodJosh View Post
When can I expect to see the XH adapter? I have an order # if that helps. It was "in stock" when I placed the order.
Thanks!!
I have them on backorder, and am at the mercy of hyperion for them. I am still about 5 days behind on orders, so I have not ran across yours yet to my knowledge. I will email you when I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott90 View Post
IS there a some what cheap way to switch to a lipo battery on a losi mrc?
Well, you can just put one in the rig and watch for the power to get low. Most guys get more than an hour from a 1300 pack, so you could time your runs to 45 minute and then recharge to see how much more was left. I would recommend a voltage cutoff for the battery however, a Tekin B1R would get the job done in a tiny package. The ones I have in stock have 100% reverse too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenb4 View Post
Any idea of when you will have more 454s? Looks like the only option for the duratrax.
Got em on order, thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairba11 View Post

I'm thinking about trying to make a comp rig with a total weight of under 3lbs. I am curious if one of the 454 pullers with an adapter plate would work with an axial transmission? or by the time it is adapted to the transmission would there be enough of a power to weight difference over a 35t or 45t handwound? what about the torquemaster mini?

part of the weight reasoning is the livelihood of my poulson axles. the other part is the engineering challenge.
The 454 is actually quite the peppy motor. It comes with an adapter plate, so it will bolt up. You could also get one of the VF motor plates- it may be a better choice for a super solid setup. The torquemaster mini would be too small for a 2.2 I think, much too small.

Comparing the 454 to a handwound 540- you will be loosing some torque. Not enough to really whine about. With the lower weight and higher rpm you can make up for the difference with gearing or vehicle weight. I say give a 454 a try, I will be getting them in a few days now.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #1494
Pebble Pounder

How much would it be for a losi mrc holmes motor shipped to TN?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #1495

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott90 View Post
How much would it be for a losi mrc holmes motor shipped to TN?
about $35 depending on how you ship it. My site has multiple shipping options.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #1496
Pebble Pounder

Will it run with a losi 1000 lipo and stock electronics?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #1497

yes, but you will want a lipo cutoff, and I had issues with the stock ESC. Many guys have not had issue with the stock ESC, so I recommend an aftermarket one to be safe.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #1498
RCC Addict

Hey John, I forgot to mention that I emailed you in here like you told me to do. Sent one two days ago.

Thanks John.

Jon
Old 03-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #1499
Quarry Creeper

Did the 454s come in and already gone? Just checked the site and it shows 1 in stock, ofcourse I need 2.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #1500

what motor and esc combo would be good for a wreckluse chassis, i have an axial tranny, also what gearing for this setup using a 2 cell lipo, id like to get some wheelspeed and torque.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM