Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #481

Mr Homes;

Just wanted to let you know a LU 38 and a motor adaptor showed up at my house today.

I order 3 of these some time ago and received all 3. I think you may have sent this by accident. So if someone is missing there's I have it.

P.S. these are the only esc I would run in my crawlers I love mine.

Thanks
Dan W
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #482
Keep it real

Nice to see another "honest Abe" around Dan, just from the little hanging out we've done at the comps, you struck me as that kind of person
Old 03-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #483
Pebble Pounder

Hey JRH,

Can I run one of your 7t or 10t cobalts off of a Rooster Crawler with a 7.4v lipo?
Old 03-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #484
Quarry Creeper

Mamba max problem

I have a Mamba max with a crawlmaster 850 connected to it. Before hooking up my BEC it worked pretty dang good. Now for some reason, in a torque situation, (IE climbing up the side of my living room couch, lots of traction) the motor will squeal and squawk and seem to lose all torque. Normal driving up and down the driveway etc, it's fine. Seems to work great. But once you put the screws to it, it pisses out. WTF?

Any ideas?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #485
Quarry Creeper

hello, i had a question about my MM esc, ive been running a cheap cirrus tx and rx with my MM and it worked perfectly with no problems except that it is a cheap set up. I baught a airtronics mx-3s tx and rx and have had nothing but glichting with it. I did some trouble shooting, moved all wires away from rx, soldered caps on my motor , tried alot of different setting on tx but have had no luck. Just wandering if you could help. Thank you!!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #486
Nor-CalRCRC

John,
What's the latest on the 7t's? I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and was wondering about a time frame.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #487
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Hey John...
I was wondering if you've ever had an issue with running 9 cells on the M25? I have updated the firm and software to the newest and have it set up to run brushed. I have it wired up to a 55t Crawlmaster (from JP's) using the red and black leads.

I hooked up the pack (9 cell Elite's) and only after 5 minutes of bench testing while turning back and forth multiple times to test steering and only running it back and forth on the bench maybe a foot or so...the M25 was pretty hot to the touch. I hit it with the temp gauge and it read 210.

Knowing this thing is supposed to be alright up to 12 cells, what do you think the problem is? Could it be the new programming and running a brushed with it? Maybe all the bugs are not quite worked out yet? As far as I know, it doesn't matter which of the two wires I use to wire up the motor...or does it?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #488
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKMAN View Post
I would be happy to pay the extra shipping just let me know how much and I will paypal you.

The address I would want it shipped i think is different than I think you have:

2185 south larsen parkway
Provo ut, 84606

Let me know

Thanks
Any update on this? I will send you the extra shipping when you let me know.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #489
Rock Crawler

I was wondering when you were getting a new shipment of chargers in and when you could send me the difference between the 5i Dp and the 5I DP AC/DC so I can paypal you the money?

Thanks
Justin
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #490
Quarry Creeper

Hey John, I sent you a message through your website Sun. I think. Just wanted to check up and see what you can do. Want to get my order in before their gone.
Thanks,
Old 03-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #491

Default 10t!

I am excited to have been able to preorder the 10t. Now, my payment has been posted, does this mean it has been shipped? Will it work well with a Rooster Crawler ESC?

Thanks, man! Great thread, good stuff!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #492
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Being away this weekend put me behind in this thread! Lets get this going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKMAN View Post
I would be happy to pay the extra shipping just let me know how much and I will paypal you.

The address I would want it shipped i think is different than I think you have:

2185 south larsen parkway
Provo ut, 84606

Let me know

Thanks
You have a paypal request for the balance. I shall make sure to ship it out asap so you get it friday at the latest. If your town is small it might take two days. Be sure to test the motor out before hopping into the comp, they are a lot more lively than what you are most likely used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
John,
I finally got to the Super...

Here is my setup...let me know your thoughts.

TXT
2 Hitec 5955tg Servos (4ws)
Mamba Max
Cobalt Puller 10T w/ RC4WD GRU
Spektrum
LiPo (Not sure # of cells yet)
Castle BEC

Last season I was having issue with the servos thermalling out. Going over all the geometry and making sure it is smooth.

Here is my question.

1. When I wire the BEC...do I tap it off the ESC Power Lead, like I did the Regulator?
2. Should I run one for each servo?
3. What LiPo would you suggest for this set up?
4. What voltage can I push the BEC up to without frying the RX or Servos?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
John
1. Yes
2. Probably not needed, but these robot servos can really draw a lot so you might need it depending on the terrain and driving.
3. I suggest a big lipo, something with 60 to 100 amps burst and 3 cell. How much space do you have?
4. I have ran my 5955s on 7.4v with no issues, but if you say you have been having overheating problems that might not be a good idea. 6.5v is safer and still pretty peppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmy View Post
I want to upgrade my brushed 45t to a brushless motor. Do you have a brushless motor that has more wheel speed than my 45t but still does good at low speed and has lot of torque? Dang I'm asking a lot out of a motor lol Also the sidewinder has 4mm built connectors on it right?

Thanks
Justin
Sidewinder does have 4mm connectors. On a sensorless bl motor you will give up low speed throttle for wheelspeed every time. The crawlmaster is pretty slow, but still close to a 50t in speed. You could always use a 3 cell lipo or 10cell nimh for more wheelspeed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmasterdan View Post
Mr Homes;

Just wanted to let you know a LU 38 and a motor adaptor showed up at my house today.

I order 3 of these some time ago and received all 3. I think you may have sent this by accident. So if someone is missing there's I have it.

P.S. these are the only esc I would run in my crawlers I love mine.

Thanks
Dan W
Thanks for the honesty! I haven't been able to find where it should have gone, can you give me the postage date on it and if there is an invoice in the package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Nice to see another "honest Abe" around Dan, just from the little hanging out we've done at the comps, you struck me as that kind of person
I certainly agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel72 View Post
Hey JRH,

Can I run one of your 7t or 10t cobalts off of a Rooster Crawler with a 7.4v lipo?
Yep, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glondark View Post
Mamba max problem

I have a Mamba max with a crawlmaster 850 connected to it. Before hooking up my BEC it worked pretty dang good. Now for some reason, in a torque situation, (IE climbing up the side of my living room couch, lots of traction) the motor will squeal and squawk and seem to lose all torque. Normal driving up and down the driveway etc, it's fine. Seems to work great. But once you put the screws to it, it pisses out. WTF?

Any ideas?
Sounds like your battery could be getting low, but that is very strange. When you remove the BEC all goes back to normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruck"n"roll View Post
hello, i had a question about my MM esc, ive been running a cheap cirrus tx and rx with my MM and it worked perfectly with no problems except that it is a cheap set up. I baught a airtronics mx-3s tx and rx and have had nothing but glichting with it. I did some trouble shooting, moved all wires away from rx, soldered caps on my motor , tried alot of different setting on tx but have had no luck. Just wandering if you could help. Thank you!!
What kind of glitchng? Erratic throttle, does it move when you are not telling it to? Does it only glitch under throttle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montereycrawler View Post
John,
What's the latest on the 7t's? I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and was wondering about a time frame.
Just got a call from the machinist today, they are done and I will pick them up tomorrow afternoon and start reassembling them and shipping them out. I have about 60 backordered so it will take a few days to get them all out I am thinking. Good thing I have most of Friday for nothing but shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
Hey John...
I was wondering if you've ever had an issue with running 9 cells on the M25? I have updated the firm and software to the newest and have it set up to run brushed. I have it wired up to a 55t Crawlmaster (from JP's) using the red and black leads.

I hooked up the pack (9 cell Elite's) and only after 5 minutes of bench testing while turning back and forth multiple times to test steering and only running it back and forth on the bench maybe a foot or so...the M25 was pretty hot to the touch. I hit it with the temp gauge and it read 210.

Knowing this thing is supposed to be alright up to 12 cells, what do you think the problem is? Could it be the new programming and running a brushed with it? Maybe all the bugs are not quite worked out yet? As far as I know, it doesn't matter which of the two wires I use to wire up the motor...or does it?
A 540 motor is a LOT to ask of the m25. It will get hot using that motor, probably even on 6 cells. If you want to run 9 I suggest a sidewinder or similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmy View Post
I was wondering when you were getting a new shipment of chargers in and when you could send me the difference between the 5i Dp and the 5I DP AC/DC so I can paypal you the money?

Thanks
Justin
Just got one in today, I haven't forgotten about you. I will send that email in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derwood21 View Post
Hey John, I sent you a message through your website Sun. I think. Just wanted to check up and see what you can do. Want to get my order in before their gone.
Thanks,
I will check it out, you should get an email this evening. If not please post back up tomorrow with your question or send another email.

Thanks for the questions guys!

JRH
Old 03-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #493
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good. Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #494
Quarry Creeper

WOW Dude way to catch up on a thread! If I take the BEC off all goes back to normal. WEIRD! I have another battery and an Revolver coming tomorrow. Hopefully I can narrow it down.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #495

Sounds like the BEC may be dropping out (voltage drop). Otherwise it could be causing interferance. It is obviously the issue, when indeed it should be a solution. Do you have a friend with one or have another one to swap out with?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #496
Nor-CalRCRC

Thanks, can't wait.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #497
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Sounds like the BEC may be dropping out (voltage drop). Otherwise it could be causing interferance. It is obviously the issue, when indeed it should be a solution. Do you have a friend with one or have another one to swap out with?
I don't actually. Plus I need to wire it in with a plug instead of soldering it inline. I could take it back to CKRC (hahahahaha Like that is gonna happen) But I think i'll have better luck buying another one from you and swapping it in. Thanks for the advice mine, hopefully I can get it figured it out by this weekend.

Last edited by glondark; 03-04-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #498
Quarry Creeper

only gliches under throttle.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #499
Quarry Creeper

sorry no, it glitches every once in a while without throttle but mostly with.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #500

Try increasing the deadband on the mamba max, see if that changes anything. Otherwise it sounds like the BEC isn't playing nice with your radio.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM