Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #1781
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Yeah, 3s is good. It just wears it out and you may want some advanced timing to stop premature brush and comm wear.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #1782
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Upping the pinion would make it run hotter. The 3s lipo is why it runs hot.
Will most likely be fine then for a comp.

I should have checked it after about 10 mins. to get an idea of how hot it may get during a comp.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #1783
I wanna be Dave

Hey John...You get any of your esc's yet?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #1784

Not yet, they are due in about a week. This batch is claimed by team drivers first, then once they get a chance to ring them out the rest will be available for sale.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #1785
RCC Addict

JRH, will this work for an e-maxx basher for a titan 775 motor, and when will it be available ?
http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...4&cat=2&page=1
Old 07-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #1786
Quarry Creeper

jrh, Funny, Because when i held the motor the bearing on the end would "let go" and the race would stop spinning with the shaft, especially when varrying the throttle thru the rpm range, i know im not crazy..... but if you say its ok i believe you. has it been shipped? what do i owe you? thanks.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #1787
Rock Crawler

jon. i have tried contacting u several times with no real answer to my question. i dont feel right asking this in the public portion of this forum but im hoping to get a straight forward answer.

i bought a few 45t torque masters a few months back. after only 4-5 packs i lost power in one. it turns out that the arm was bad (i can go into more details later on the problem if needed)

i emailed u a few time and was redirected to where i could buy a new arm on ur site. am i taking this as a loss? i used HH for its outstanding support so im hoping u can back ur product. this motor is in PERFECT condition with maybe 1 scratch on it.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #1788
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbio4422 View Post
jon. i have tried contacting u several times with no real answer to my question. i dont feel right asking this in the public portion of this forum but im hoping to get a straight forward answer.

i bought a few 45t torque masters a few months back. after only 4-5 packs i lost power in one. it turns out that the arm was bad (i can go into more details later on the problem if needed)

i emailed u a few time and was redirected to where i could buy a new arm on ur site. am i taking this as a loss? i used HH for its outstanding support so im hoping u can back ur product. this motor is in PERFECT condition with maybe 1 scratch on it.
dang, still dealing with this? been like a month. he'll get it sorted out.

thanks for the quick shipping on my order tho holmeshobbies.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #1789

Default Torque Master BR-XL (ESC)?

John,

I am interested in purchasing your ESC (Torque Master BR-XL) I need this by Saturday 8/1/2009. Please let me know ASAP if you can accommodate my request.
Thank you,
Bryan
Old 07-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #1790
Quarry Creeper

hay john i have a quick question. what is the difference between the crawlmaster, crawlmaster sport, and the revolver black? is there a difference in power or anything?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #1791
RCC Addict

Just an easy question for now. I ordered a new armature for my 7t cobalt puller and i might have forgotten the orientation of the can/endbell when i pulled it apart, it was just along time ago.

Any tips for getting a good baseline of 0 timing? or where it 'should' be stock?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #1792

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOOTZ View Post
JRH, will this work for an e-maxx basher for a titan 775 motor, and when will it be available ?
http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...4&cat=2&page=1
Still working on release date, it isn't quite done yet. It should work in an emaxx, but testing will need to be done before final yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX70 View Post
jrh, Funny, Because when i held the motor the bearing on the end would "let go" and the race would stop spinning with the shaft, especially when varrying the throttle thru the rpm range, i know im not crazy..... but if you say its ok i believe you. has it been shipped? what do i owe you? thanks.
I didn't ship it back yet, I will check it out again. I can't see well enough to watch the inner race, maybe I will put a mark on it and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbio4422 View Post

You should have gotten an email response to this if you sent an email. I can replace an armature if it went bad. Maybe I misunderstood what you were asking in the email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruder View Post
I am interested in purchasing your ESC (Torque Master BR-XL) I need this by Saturday 8/1/2009. Please let me know ASAP if you can accommodate my request.
No sir, not at this time. They are not quite done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some87 View Post
hay john i have a quick question. what is the difference between the crawlmaster, crawlmaster sport, and the revolver black? is there a difference in power or anything?
The crawlmaster series has a bit more power than the revolver. The Sport model has thicker laminations and is a bit less efficient. All three motors are discontinued while I develop a better one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
Just an easy question for now. I ordered a new armature for my 7t cobalt puller and i might have forgotten the orientation of the can/endbell when i pulled it apart, it was just along time ago.

Any tips for getting a good baseline of 0 timing? or where it 'should' be stock?

Thanks!
At the top of this forum there is a sticky on motor care, read it. The true way to get zero timing is to use an amp meter to dial in the lowest no load amp draw.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #1793
RCC Addict

Still working on release date, it isn't quite done yet. It should work in an emaxx, but testing will need to be done before final yes.

if its gonna work i would like to go JRH motor/esc combo on my new toy. just point me in the right direction for a single motor set-up. TIA
Old 07-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #1794
Quarry Creeper

jrh, thanks,

looking foward to using that incredible motor soon!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #1795

Just got word the final LVC tweaks are being made to my software, so that internal voltage sensing is most accurate.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:09 AM   #1796
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The crawlmaster series has a bit more power than the revolver. The Sport model has thicker laminations and is a bit less efficient. All three motors are discontinued while I develop a better one.
>.< any idea when you will be putting out some new out runners?
Old 07-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #1797
RCC Addict

Hey jrh I have 2 questions. First can the 10t puller handle more than 3s??

Also I cooked one of my 7t motors (let it get up to 300+ degrees ) it still works but it doesn't have the power it used to. Did I kill the magnets? Can it be fixed ???

Thanks, cole
Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 PM   #1798
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
John got my motor cut...put on brand new brushes...and it still has a dead spot...it don't matter what I do...I advanced the timing and retarded it and it still has the same dead spot???

thoughts??
I know these don't last for ever...but dang these motors are only a few months old...:?
Quote:
Sounds like you got a deep burn mark on it. You can send it my way and I can see what can be done to save it or replace it. A deeper cut may be needed.

I am going to see if there is anything that can be done to keep the comm burning from happening so fast. A design change may remedy the situation. I think it may be a combination of the low resistance wind, zero timing, laydown brushes, and maybe high voltage that is causing the fast wear.
Quote:
ok...what your address?? I tried to look it up on your site but no go....

thanks for your help on this.
Quote:
716 W. Sexton rd.
Columbia, MO 65203
hey John I have been moving and did not get a chance to ship my 35t with the dead spot out to you yet...
I just printed a USPS label and it's now ready to go!!

should I send both motors in?? my front 35t works ok still....but if you can rebuild or freshen it up I would rather just send both motors to you and get 2 fresh..

let me know...maybe these two can ship BACK out with my custom 40T's I ordered a week or so ago???

thanks for your help and time on this
Mark

Last edited by badger; 06-21-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: address change
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #1799
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Default Lipo batts and charger

I just want your opinion on what I should get. I have a AX10 that will have a FX-R with a 55t motor, right now it has a Rooster. I want to run a 3s but I have no idea what to get. I will also need a charger, thanks for the help.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by some87 View Post
>.< any idea when you will be putting out some new out runners?
Soon enough, I am waiting on the prototypes still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrwannabe View Post
Hey jrh I have 2 questions. First can the 10t puller handle more than 3s??

Also I cooked one of my 7t motors (let it get up to 300+ degrees ) it still works but it doesn't have the power it used to. Did I kill the magnets? Can it be fixed ???

Thanks, cole
3s max on the puller. If you run 4s is will wear out fast.

Sounds like you killed the magnets, you need a new can.

Quote:
hey John I have been moving and did not get a chance to ship my 35t with the dead spot out to you yet...
I just printed a USPS label and it's now ready to go!!

should I send both motors in?? my front 35t works ok still....but if you can rebuild or freshen it up I would rather just send both motors to you and get 2 fresh..

let me know...maybe these two can ship BACK out with my custom 40T's I ordered a week or so ago???

thanks for your help and time on this
Mark
Sure, send em here and I can ship it all back with your 40's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctz28 View Post
I just want your opinion on what I should get. I have a AX10 that will have a FX-R with a 55t motor, right now it has a Rooster. I want to run a 3s but I have no idea what to get. I will also need a charger, thanks for the help.

I just got a load of 1300s. They are factory matched and have great punch. I would recommend any of the hyperion chargers as a match. The AC/DC 0606i is nice for plugging into the wall. Otherwise you will need a 12v power supply.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM