Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: I-Hobby course/Comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

2 demo drivers on board for all days of the event... keep it coming guys!

updated:

3 drivers for all 4 days
2 drivers for Saturday

Dont forget, Thursday and Friday are vendor days so you will get to show off in front of Manufactures etc, not just the public.

Last edited by jetboat; 08-21-2009 at 08:40 AM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

I am gooing to try nd get friday off for the show. I should be there sat and sunday though to help out in any way possible. Are the 5 drivrs needed "all" that will be allowed or a minimum. It'll be a long day and maybe drivers could take turns on the courses and such. When I am there I would have absolutly no problems helping with judging and answering publics questions etc. I know a lot of people don't like to talk like that so I'm just letting you know I am cool with it. Do to the unforseen e=family emergency taking place now I'm not sure if I will be able to make all the days but am really going to try and do friday sat and sun. Pretty excited bout this event and looking forward to getting my share of some course built when I get back n Illinois.

Jeff if you or Josh, Ced anyone has ny questions or want to know anything you can pm me. I have my iphone on me at all times.
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Ideally I want to get 5 dedicated driver for all 4 days of the show... Right now I have 3 plus myself. We have to have a min of 5 drivers each day, anything above that will be a great help. I dont think we have to have the same 5 drivers there everyday but, its not looking bad for having that.

Addicted, I will put you down as Tent for Friday/Saturday and Sunday.

I figure with the comp Saturday shouldn't be a big deal at all. We should easily have more than 5 drivers all day long... Its Thursday and Friday that concerned me the most.

I have gotten word that Twisted Crawlers of Michigan will be sending a delegation that will be there Friday night and Saturday and will help as needed. I'm going to speak with the clubs in Wi and see if they want to come down, if it works out the comp portion should be pretty decent sized.

I have contacted HPI,Axial,Losi,Horizon,rc4wd and posted up for the vendors here... I have gotten acknowledgments from HPI and Losi but no commitments. RC Hobbies in Naperville will be paying for course materials or at least a portion of them and will receive their name on the course itself and a space for some flyers/stickers, they are also contacting companies on our behalf asking for donations but, so far they have been turned down. In addition to advertising space on the courses, I am offering to demo companies products or allow them to use the course to demo their products in exchange for a donation toward the comp.

Last edited by jetboat; 08-21-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

I'll look today at work and see if I can get Thur, Fri off to be there as driver and whatever else?
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Drivers list as I have it right now:

All 4 days of the show
Jeff Shirley
Josh Boucher
Steve Rubin
Zach Schullo (he promised he wouldn't back out)
John Bogdan
Chris Kasper (FVRCC in Wi)
Dave Stinski (FVRCC in Wi)
Troy Kapke (FVRCC in Wi)

Friday
John Martin

Sat
Jeff Key
Josh Raben
Bob Coleman (Twisted Crawlers of Michigan and a SCRC member)
Brian Matuszewski
Jim Wojinski
Dave Kredow
Jose A Santiago
Tom Byrnes
John Martin
Matt Prodehl
Bob Peterson

Sun
Jeff Key
Josh Raben
Javier Guevars
Cedric Vann
Jim Wojinski
Dave Kredow
Jeff Key
Matt Prodehl
Bob Peterson

Even if you don't prevolunteer, show up to the show with the crawlers and we will let you crawl. PLEASE have DSM

Last edited by jetboat; 08-25-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #66
RCC Addict

As of now I can be available for Saturday and/or Sunday. I may have Friday off but can't commit to it.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

SPI racing is on board as a sponsor Haven't finalized what they are donating but Rick seemed excited about the opportunity.

Proline responded with a form letter saying I could buy a gift pack (same as their website says). I don't think the big companies even read the emails.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

I'll see what day I can get off work, Usually I go on a Saturday or Sunday so Dad can go with me.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #69

Hey I'm in For Sunday if possible i will bring my crawler and my land cruiser. let me know
Ecuador Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Long time no see, how have you been doing?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #71

Sorry guys very busy at work and you know now is not the time to be playing with work. i still crawl !
Ecuador Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

JUst glad to see you're still around!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Setup can start Tuesday tear down can go thru Monday, Im not sure I have enough vacation time to take off all days so I will be only able to do setup on Wednesday so if anyone can help with hauling material or moving stuff around I would appreciate it. Also, once we get some of the courses setup, we need to get together to go over the demo routine and how we are going to do everything.

This morning I am going to run down and pick up Pallets from Bubba and then start construction, if anyone want to help, let me know... Ill be working in the driveway as the garage is still full of stuff.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

As of right know I off the weekend of the weekend of the 24-25, ( if work dosen't change my days off) I may not have a rig to run do to lack of $$, but I can Judge for the comp on saturday. My In-laws live in Elgin I can sack out there Friday night, so its a shorter drive on Saturday morrning. Just let me know.
thumbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Setup can start Tuesday tear down can go thru Monday, Im not sure I have enough vacation time to take off all days so I will be only able to do setup on Wednesday so if anyone can help with hauling material or moving stuff around I would appreciate it. Also, once we get some of the courses setup, we need to get together to go over the demo routine and how we are going to do everything.

This morning I am going to run down and pick up Pallets from Bubba and then start construction, if anyone want to help, let me know... Ill be working in the driveway as the garage is still full of stuff.
Unfortunately, I have very little time available due to me traveling the entire previous week, and will not be able to skip more work....BUT, I only work until 3pm...so I could be there at 3:30pm Wednesday to assist......if that is of any help.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

help is help... I just have to check what time setup ends and if you will need a pass. I hope to have the trailer loaded the weekend before, and I will defiantly need help with that.

SPI Racing will be bringing a set of wheels or 2 and will be at the show so we might be doing a demo for them.

I picked up 4 pallets from Matt and 2 sheets of 7/16 osb ($5 each) from Menards to get started with. Matt said he can get some 3x4 sheets of plywood from work so that should cut cost down some. I also picked up 2 rolls of landscape cloth ($4 each). I think I already have chicken wire but not sure.

Im going to start construction right after lunch... the first peice I am building will be the tall climb 3-4' tall and almost verticle with a 1' wide "platform" on top. This will serve as a main advertising section and will have RC hobbies name across the course itself.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Once that information is available....please let me know. Unfrtunately I am still in Mexico over the "Loading" weekend. It is an odd time for vacation.....I tried to wedge it in after the OCTOBER COMP. I actually leave for Mexico the morning (EARLY) after the COMP....and come home a week later. Hence all of the timing issues with extra vacation time for iHobby.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

yea, I will be able to give you more specifics on my availability once I get back home. Sorry bout that. I know your trying to organize stuff now but in arkansas now and trying to figure out a schedule is nearly impossible
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

I started laying out ideas etc and then my Neighbors son came by... he works in concrete and has several 4'x8' rock molds that we can have if we want them. These are the heavy plastic molds where you pour concrete in them let it dry and then turn them upside down and have synthetic "rocks". Using these may not make for as creative looking courses but, they will be easier and cheaper to make if it works out.

I also laid the area out in my backyard and it is HUGE 20'x40' Im guessing very close to the largest indoor course ever built. That got me thinking of using less of the 3'x4' sections and more form built climbs and V shaped valleys (like we used at Naperville this past winter but loooonger)

Lets here some ideas...see some plans etc.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
...Proline responded with a form letter saying I could buy a gift pack (same as their website says). I don't think the big companies even read the emails...
Jeff, I have a name at Proline as they were one of the sponsors of my series for three years...I will forward information if you wish. Maybe if they hear about what you're doing from more than one person...it can't hurt?

If you're interested, either I can send you her email, or you can send me your email address and I can work it either way.

Also, I know it isn't much...but we have one(1) 4x8 sheet sized indoor crawling course that we would be willing to let the club borrow for the event...if it would help at all. We built it last winter to use indoors. I can send pics to you if you're interested. Email me at mattfanke@yahoo.com
fanke19 is offline   Reply With Quote