Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: I-Hobby course/Comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

I outlined the area in my backyard and worked out some different setups... Bear with me and use your imagination...

The garage is basically the right side and the cones are the left side. The pallets at the end will be a sectional course, I would like to have a mirror imagine on the other side and then connect them with either rock or some form or log bridge. In the center where you see the tires will be 2 poles connected to tires (to carry the offroad theme) this is where club banners will hang and then 1/2 rocks surrounding it approx as the gaden house outlines. Prolly stick a couple large rocks in there. I figure this would be a good little section to display trucks and for 1.9's. Closest to the camera you see some groups of cones, these will be what I have names the "towers of terror". They will be 5' tall with ramps leading up them at various angles with the half rocks, similar to what was done at the Midwest indoor comp. The tower on the right will have 1 ramp going up it and a solid wall on 1 side so that fliers, signs etc can be added and displayed. The tower on the left will have 2 ramps 1 to the side and 1 to the front. The tower on the front will hopefully have water trickeling down it. The Vulgarcowboy came by and helped to come up with some of these ideas and lay things out... you can blame him for the water wall When you come off the left tower you will "land" in a rock pit approx 4'x8' Between the towers will be a cable bridge and RC Hobbies Banner will be hung on it. There is some room available under the towers we may use for rocks if we can get enough.

There is still some space available so we will need to come up with a few more ideas. I'm hoping to build at least 1 of the towers next weekend then the other in a couple weeks. I'm going to need to recruit some help building the concrete "sectional" pieces and will defiantly need some more rocks. I am thinking that the sectional pieces should be about 2' tall and full of dips and valleys to get some good articulation for the crowd. The reason to keep it short is so its easy to watch for the crowd.

Lets hear any suggestions you guys have.

Last edited by jetboat; 08-23-2009 at 04:04 PM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #82
RCC Addict

It all actually sounds like a good variety......and will look cool. I am assuming that either your trailer, or some other vehicle is secured to transport all of this?? It is a lot of stuff.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Ive got my trailer and truck... Im crossing my fingers that someone else with a truck can take Wednesday and Monday off to help me haul it all, otherwise not sure I know how Im going to be able to get it all there and home. Using only 6 sectional pieces and more natural rock or synthetic half rock will make it allot easier to haul.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

what kind of truck we talking about here and what going in it size wise
dblrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

pickup, semi,box truck, 2 1/2 ton deuce... The heavy stuff will go on my trailer (rocks,half rocks etc) we will have the 2 towers and ramps that lead up, plus some wood for building the retaining areas for the rocks.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

my bed is 6'3 we can leave gate down strap the hell out of it think it will work? i got a that cap on their to so cant go to tall
Old 08-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Will be three of us attending from the FVRCC will pm you our names we will be there wednesday noonish or so to help setup we do need a room if there is one available let me know will help with teardown on sunday thanks for the invite jetboat.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:09 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Somebody mentioned earlier about a small "scaler" area...just wanted to say that is a good idea...if you have room left to "fill in" make sure to toss some scale appropriate stuff in there.
fanke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

how tall is the area under the cap? Is it a topper or tonnue cover? I might be able to borrow my old trailer back from my dad but not sure... Maybe someone local has one we could use.

Kasper, I appreciate the help, we are defiantly going to need it. I'm trying to make it so the course will be a fairly easy and quick setup but, more hands is less work.

The scaler area will be in the center around the banners and maybe under the towers. I'm going to try to use as much of the space as I can and still leave space to walk.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Today is your last day to request to preregister as a driver...

You will still be able to come to the comp, you will still be able to come to the show with your crawler and drive on the course. I just have to get a dedicated drivers list submitted to Ihobby and cant keep it open forever.

Later today I will be sending out "spec" cards to everyone. Rather you are a preregistered driver or just think you will come to the show, I need you to fill it out. These will be used when we are giving demos and running the comp so the announcer can say a little about your truck.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

I am in for the 2.2 comp. I also have a bridge that you can use for the scaler sec.. If you would like.

sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Today is your last day to request to preregister as a driver...

You will still be able to come to the comp, you will still be able to come to the show with your crawler and drive on the course. I just have to get a dedicated drivers list submitted to Ihobby and cant keep it open forever.

Later today I will be sending out "spec" cards to everyone. Rather you are a preregistered driver or just think you will come to the show, I need you to fill it out. These will be used when we are giving demos and running the comp so the announcer can say a little about your truck.

The list says that I am TENTATIVE for Sunday.....LOCK ME IN....I will be there. Jessica has given her STAMP OF APPROVAL. I will be there BOTH days that I am listed for.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

I have one more bridge done. It is just a straight log bridge. I am work on one more right know. It will be a I think 14in 1x2 rope bridge.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Josh, your locked in for Saturday and Sunday

Saydee, need to know exactly which days you are available.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Josh, your locked in for Saturday and Sunday

Saydee, need to know exactly which days you are available.

I can only do Sat.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

the cap is one those things with the windows on it we can also use this flat trailer thats like 4 by 6 its a one place atv trailer but it will hold good 1000lbs
Old 08-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Brian, Ill get you on the list for Sat

John, that would work perfect. The rock and such will be in pallets on my trailer and we can put some of the tower section in my truck and the rest in yours and use the remaining space on my trailer and your trailer for the sectional pieces. Are you going to be available that Wednesday and the next Monday? I think with both vehicles we can do it in 1 trip.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

yes sir im free for what ever from the 19th till the 28th
Old 08-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #99
RCC Addict

I guess you're not interested to have me as one of the drivers.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Sorry Dave, I missed your post... you should have emailed me when you didn't see your name on the list... Ill list you for Sat/Sun, I'm pretty sure we are good for the weekdays at this point.