Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: I-Hobby course/Comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Today is your last day to request to preregister as a driver...

Later today I will be sending out "spec" cards to everyone. Rather you are a preregistered driver or just think you will come to the show, I need you to fill it out. These will be used when we are giving demos and running the comp so the announcer can say a little about your truck.
Jeff, I was planning on coming to the comp on Sat. for sure. Not sure if I was gonna make any other days??
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

T-buck, sent you a PM, I need a little info before I can add you... sorry but I cannot remember your name for the life of me.

Does anyone have a SMALL pond liner laying around... Im talking one of the little ones that holds just a few gallons and is maybe 18" across. I came up with the idea of building a fountain in the center of the course so we can make it look like your crawling thru a flower bed.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Sorry Dave, I missed your post... you should have emailed me when you didn't see your name on the list... Ill list you for Sat/Sun, I'm pretty sure we are good for the weekdays at this point.
It's cool. I can't really be there during the week due to work and being in Bloomington.

I'm looking forward to it now!

BTW: My scaler is starting to look real good too, eventhough it's a Blazer.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

If we're running a comp, I'll see if I can get that Saturday of for the show instead of Sunday
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #105

I m in for sunday!
Ecuador Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:05 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

I just heard from a BIG sponsor... I am having one heck of a time keeping my mouth shut as to who they are until the details are firm!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

I started a build thread for the course itself:
I hobby 2009 crawler course build thread

As I build sections of the course I will post the pics and details. Anyone else that is building sections should do the same. Once I can announce the sponsors I will post a comp thread up with all the details for the general public. This is looking to be SCRC's biggest comp EVER!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Just got the final word from RC4wd... They are providing a Bully Truck for us to Demo and then Give away at the end of the show!!! Anyone that comes and drives will be registered to win it (well you will have to fill out an entry card)
Old 08-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #109
Rock Crawler

Wow that is awesome man. See, there are still some cool ass people out there! I need that truck! Lol
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

It wont just be a ARR like they sell... it will have 2 motors and esc, I think it will come with a body, servo etc. The only thing that will be needed is a radio and batteries. I should have it in a couple weeks or so. Once I get it I will take pics of it and post in the (soon to be posted) comp thread. I'm wondering how much of a fight there will be for who gets to Demo it...
Old 08-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
It wont just be a ARR like they sell... it will have 2 motors and esc, I think it will come with a body, servo etc. The only thing that will be needed is a radio and batteries. I should have it in a couple weeks or so. Once I get it I will take pics of it and post in the (soon to be posted) comp thread. I'm wondering how much of a fight there will be for who gets to Demo it...

That will NOT be me.....imagine me in a XL t-shirt.....NOT GOOD. RC4WD does not want that kind of "exposure".
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #112
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonitro View Post
Wow that is awesome man. See, there are still some cool ass people out there! I need that truck! Lol
you and me both
thevulgarcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Traxxas wants to demo the Summit on the course... I'm not sure how to reply to them. I don't want to turn down the use of the course and the potential sponsor but, I know the crawler community doesn't consider the summit a crawler. Any advice?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #114
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Traxxas wants to demo the Summit on the course... I'm not sure how to reply to them. I don't want to turn down the use of the course and the potential sponsor but, I know the crawler community doesn't consider the summit a crawler. Any advice?
if thay will give us 1 to give away for the comp
Old 08-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #115
RCC Addict

The crawler community may not like the Summit, but people from all walks of RC are going to be at the show, and Traxxas has quite the following. That being said, it may work that the people that come to see the SUMMIT DEMO may actually become fans of rock crawling....thus growing this segment. I think that the good of growth exceeds the negative feelings of current rock crawlers towards the Summit as a contender in this segment. The more people that make it to the SCRC Rock Crawling area the better that it is for Rock Crawling.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #116
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
The crawler community may not like the Summit, but people from all walks of RC are going to be at the show, and Traxxas has quite the following. That being said, it may work that the people that come to see the SUMMIT DEMO may actually become fans of rock crawling....thus growing this segment. I think that the good of growth exceeds the negative feelings of current rock crawlers towards the Summit as a contender in this segment. The more people that make it to the SCRC Rock Crawling area the better that it is for Rock Crawling.
true that honky
Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #117
RCC Addict

I agree with Josh and so does my marketing degree.

There is nothing to lose by cross-advertising especially when you cross with a bigger draw such as Traxxas. The idea is to get eyeballs looking and if a Summit gets their attention then so be it. (Even better when it's free.)
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

heres what I went with
Quote:
I am glad to hear that you would like to utilize the crawling course to demo the Summit. At this point I have not been provided with our allotted time slots and therefore can not give you times yet. The course will have an overall size of approx 20'x40' and will be laid out as a competition course and will host a "comp" on Saturday of the event. We are requesting that vendors who wish to use the course and/or our drivers to provide a donation toward the "comp" prizes. Any vendor who provides prizes for the "comp" will have their name/logo on the side of the course in at least 2 locations.

I will let you know when I learn our time slots and look forward to working with you and your company.
I tried to stay as politically correct as possible. I'm worried that the summit wont be able to be demo'd well on our course though. Most of The obstacles have been designed around 2.2 crawlers as they are the largest segment of the sport. I do plan to run supers on the course but, a summit and a super are 2 completly different animals.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #119
RCC Addict

If Traxxas believes that the Summit can do something on the SCRC Demo Course.....then they should give it a go. If they do well, or if they fail, we still have them in our demo area, and we will have the opportunity to show what a dedicated rock crawler can do. I do not see any down-side for SCRC or Rock Crawling.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just got the final word from RC4wd... They are providing a Bully Truck for us to Demo and then Give away at the end of the show!!! Anyone that comes and drives will be registered to win it (well you will have to fill out an entry card)
Quote:

We are glad to help out. We are going to equip the Bully with a couple 35 turn motors, servo, and ESC. We are working to get a body painted as well. I'll have to keep you posted on that one.

I am sending an XL shirt too. Sounds to me like I need to bump up the size though.

No fighting over things though. Okay!!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote