Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1/6th Chevy Monster Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Ok short update. Got all the electronics wired up and got to run it with the shorter wheelbase. Didn't get a chance to squeeze the trigger all the way since I was in the basement but it had enough power to pull the front right tire off the ground on tile floor! I don't think the maxx tranny will be holding up...... Gotta look into the steel idlers for it.

I'll get pics posted of it in the morning. It's late and I'm tired.
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #42
RCC Addict

I got my V3 MMM in yesterday. I toasted the BEC in my V2 so castle replaced it (quickly I might add) so I started working on the wiring. Lots of large gauge wire so it took a little while to get it all worked out. Running two 7T cobalt puller motors. 19t pinions and 66t spur through a max tranny on 3S lipo.

As for an idea on power and speed, I didn't get a chance to pull the trigger back all the way since I could only run it in the basement. I can say that it had enough torque and wheel speed to pull the front right tire off the ground on linoleum floor (which means no traction) I'm going to have to loosen the slipper a tad to save that maxx tranny I have a feeling.....

Definitely need to stiffen up the shocks and get some type of sway bar system going. I wouldn't even mind having longer shocks but I'd have to limit the travel on them. Only want the longer shocks for looks though. It has way to much articulation as is right now so either way I'll be limited the shocks a lot.

I don't think this will be the final body height. It will ride just a bit higher than this but it's close. It will have the full interior in it. i'm also thinking about moving the mounting points on the lower links on the axle up a bit so that they aren't at an extreme angle. Mostly because of looks.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

i cant wait to see a vid of this beast, i like it
flybynighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Started hacking away at the chassis on the silverado. Looks like it should fit on there just about perfectly. I might have to start trimming into the floor board of the interior just a bit if I want to lower it anymore.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Mna thats badass. I'm glad someone got some use out of that body. Good thing I sent you the Floor and Fenderwells... Will the lights still work? I tried to leave enough wire to work with.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Cant really tell how the body sits with the interior in but I say cut into the seats and lower that body as much as possible!!..Looks good Nick!
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #47
RCC Addict

R2J, Lights look like they should work? You don't know what voltage they ran off of initially do you?

The way the interior is setup now results in about the same ride height as the mock up photos a few posts back. The weight from the body pushed the chassis down a bit. If the interior is lowered anymore I'll have to cut into the floor board. I might try to flip the tranny so the motors point backwards. This might be enough to clear the floor board and be able to drop it down another 1/2"

I'm going to make some new shock mounts because they line up perfectly in the wheel wells so that should look nice. I'm thinking about keeping the body pretty low and closer to the wheels and REALLY limited flex. I don't want a ton of articulation. I'd like it pretty similar to how monster trucks are setup.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #48
RCC Addict

That is one crazy rig, simply awesome! Where can I get a body like that?

T.D.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

WOW! That otta scare the neighborhood cats real good! Very cool build!
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Sorry no massive updates. I tend to work slow but take lots of pics

Pulled the axles off, flipped the tranny mounts and lowered the tranny about 1/2". Had to do a little trimming on the chassis plates to get the motor plate to fit. Now I can set the chassis down real low and not have to worry about hacking up the interior. Don't mind the micro. Had to use it for balance.

I'm going to try and at least get a video of the rolling chassis this weekend for you guys.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #51
j0e
Rock Crawler

wow. that is feakin great!
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

:-(pictures don't work. All it says is "bandwidth exceeded" Sounds like shes coming along nicely though.
jeepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Pics should be fixed. Went over the 25G bandwidth allowance....
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Looks awsome Nick keep it up, that monster makes that micro look like a hot wheels lol
Also noticed you're cooler in the background is empty, you gotta get that filled for a job like this lol

I went over my photo bucket band with last week and had to go pro lmao I guess its worth it? lol
zueslilbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

I can see!! It's a miricle! So is that truck. those sicsor dors are awsome. thanks for fixing the pics.

keep us posted
jeepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #56
RCC Addict

well we had a crawling comp on sunday and I wanted to go out there to watch people run even though my trucks weren't running. Or were they? Spent some time friday night working on this beast. It's not built exactly how I want it at this point but it was together enough to run.

i broke my ABS servo mount but have some steel ones coming so no biggie. I'm thinking about locking the rear diff and putting a sealed front diff in it with some thick oil. Other than the open diffs hurting it some this thing did REALLY well and is a blast to drive! I'm pretty sure I'll put the rear steer on it to help with turning radius.

I need to get in my 3S 4000 for this too. I ran my 3S 2200 and it got a little warm

Testing Video

Old 02-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

COOL VIDEO! It's much faster than I envisioned.
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #58

That is freaking awesome!!!!
Boogie Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #59

That is so cool. You should put some actuators on the doors and bed cover. Awesome build!
wbillylee03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

DAMN!

Definitely makes the snow fun. Great build.
Sinagua is offline   Reply With Quote