Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: project help...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0688 View Post
I look back and you tell him to buy a motor with twice the number of winds to make it faster.
I may have been wrong about the predator motor but that was still just being wrong not a lie. and getbent corrected me right after. that still has nothing to do with the fact that you linked him to buy the very same motor he has already..down to the damn part # then as a defense to somehow prove they are not the same motor you list another motor entirely that has nothing to do with this.. the micro T/B motor. that is NOT what comes in the crawler and not what he has. so you are telling him to upgrade his stock crawler motor with a stock crawler motor.

What I and others here are trying to explain to you that you keep missing is this.. there are 2 losi micro motors listed in this topic

The motor he has, which comes in the Micro crawler,trekker,highroller,SCT/rally
this is confirmed the same motor for all those micros on losi's very own site. the name just happens to be "high performance" ... and the completely unrelated micro T/B motor that you listed as well, which doesn't come in any losi crawler or the SCT/rally .

Just because it says high performance doesnt make it some magic little motor, redbull says it gives you wings but you wont be flying anywhere..

Quote:
Being wrong and trying to say its right is not lieing?
No actually its not,
first off I am not wrong, and even if i was wrong if i believe it to be right that just makes me WRONG not a liar, a lie would be if i KNEW i was wrong and said otherwise but that isnt the case.

Quote:
If you didnt care you would keep comin back
I said I dont care what YOU do with YOUR money. if you or anyone asked a question or advice I would give my 2 cents.. you dont HAVE to listen. but the fact here is you are wrong and the others have pointed it out as well.

You say you swapped your crawler or trekker motor with an SCT motor and felt a gain when its the same motor listed on losi's site for both. if you noticed any gain then there may have been another reason. it could be the pinion gear, health of the old motor. who knows thats not even the real issue, the fact is no matter how much you change the subject about who said what or who was wrong about the predator motor the fact is the motor you suggested is the same motor he has.. that is all. it doesnt mean you lied, and it doesnt mean I lied for pointing that out.

lets just end the disagreement here. the Original poster and yourself can both do what you want with your $$ there is enough info here for him to make up his mind
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'll say it one more time. I went to th losi site and looked at the exploded view for ya. the exploded view of the Treker http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0238_Manual.pdf

Thats part. #LOSB0833 here is the description for that motor http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0833

doesn't get any clearer!!
that would be great if he had a trail tekker, the fact he said he upgraded to trekker links would suggest he has the micro crawler.. which again just means you suggest him to upgrade to the motor he already has
Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #23
RCC Addict

The only motor combo that might work for your application is a 130 can PN racing motor with neo magnets. (40-60 turn)If you could adapt in a 130 can motor it might be the best of both worlds but you will have to get custom on the chassis and a custom motor plate.

If you are totally stuck on using the Losi axles then you might not ever find the right combo. I even tried one of the Losi 10250kv brushless systems on a crawler for fun. It was quick but absolutely no crawling ability...and the axles handled it ok. It wasn't fast enough to be fun and had no torque.

One other option is to jump up to 11.1 volt on an ESC and motor that can hanlde it.

I tried a 11.1 on a Sidewinder micro esc and a 4100kv 12-30 brushless motor and it was pretty good. I never posted it cause it cogged a little too much for my liking.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Dude what the hell is your problem? I dont care what you do with your $ but dont waste others with miss information.
I never LIED to anyone about anything. i simply pointed out that DESPITE the different part # the motor is the same.there are different part #s because the can has a hole and nows its been said the pinions on the newer motors are of a different tooth count than the older T/B motors. which would explain the different performance feel. its been said here and other places by many others with various losi micros. these are FACTS regardless if you choose to believe them or not, even if i was wrong (which I am not) that doesn't make me a liar.

as far as you, even if you were right about one motor being "faster" you are still wrong about which motor he has. you are telling him in your reply to "upgrade" his micro crawler motor to the same motor he has, its even listed on the link in your reply.. if you look there is a list of of the losi micros that use this motor. as has been said once already... this is the motor you suggested in your own link. which losi says is the same motor he has, not an upgrade.

So again this isnt a flame, or argument or "lie" you are just wrong others in this very thread have pointed it out. its not that the motor you told him to buy is a bad motor..its just that its the SAME as whats in his micro already. Hopefully its clear now.

If you wanna "believe" Losi has a Scam goin be my guest. Watch out for the space aliens they love mico-crawlers.
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

This thread got full of the ghey real quick! I bought the "performance" " high power "SCT/Rally motor and guess what? It has the same numbers stamped/printed as the motor that came in my crawlers, Trekker, 2 Sct's, and McDT. It is the same fawkin motor, same speed and torque too!!! Why is this even an argument? Why would Losi drop coin developing all these different motors when they could drop ONE in all these rigs and sell shitloads to rc crackheads like us? I'm with Spoo on this one........I'm off to crop circle hunt.....
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
This thread got full of the ghey real quick! I bought the "performance" " high power "SCT/Rally motor and guess what? It has the same numbers stamped/printed as the motor that came in my crawlers, Trekker, 2 Sct's, and McDT. It is the same fawkin motor, same speed and torque too!!! Why is this even an argument? Why would Losi drop coin developing all these different motors when they could drop ONE in all these rigs and sell shitloads to rc crackheads like us? I'm with Spoo on this one........I'm off to crop circle hunt.....

Don't see how when losi's expode views for the trekker but whatever you say. I'm kinda tired of you goofballs. The motor prdator rwinds is made by x-mods for a "modified" motor for the losi micro cars. It's not this one. That brushed motor is about as fast as the 8750. ask predator. That's what he uses and rewinds the arm.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I may have been wrong about the predator motor but that was still just being wrong not a lie. and getbent corrected me right after. that still has nothing to do with the fact that you linked him to buy the very same motor he has already..down to the damn part # then as a defense to somehow prove they are not the same motor you list another motor entirely that has nothing to do with this.. the micro T/B motor. that is NOT what comes in the crawler and not what he has. so you are telling him to upgrade his stock crawler motor with a stock crawler motor.

What I and others here are trying to explain to you that you keep missing is this.. there are 2 losi micro motors listed in this topic

The motor he has, which comes in the Micro crawler,trekker,highroller,SCT/rally
this is confirmed the same motor for all those micros on losi's very own site. the name just happens to be "high performance" ... and the completely unrelated micro T/B motor that you listed as well, which doesn't come in any losi crawler or the SCT/rally .

Just because it says high performance doesnt make it some magic little motor, redbull says it gives you wings but you wont be flying anywhere..

No actually its not,
first off I am not wrong, and even if i was wrong if i believe it to be right that just makes me WRONG not a liar, a lie would be if i KNEW i was wrong and said otherwise but that isnt the case.

I said I dont care what YOU do with YOUR money. if you or anyone asked a question or advice I would give my 2 cents.. you dont HAVE to listen. but the fact here is you are wrong and the others have pointed it out as well.

You say you swapped your crawler or trekker motor with an SCT motor and felt a gain when its the same motor listed on losi's site for both. if you noticed any gain then there may have been another reason. it could be the pinion gear, health of the old motor. who knows thats not even the real issue, the fact is no matter how much you change the subject about who said what or who was wrong about the predator motor the fact is the motor you suggested is the same motor he has.. that is all. it doesnt mean you lied, and it doesnt mean I lied for pointing that out.

lets just end the disagreement here. the Original poster and yourself can both do what you want with your $$ there is enough info here for him to make up his mind

It's not a lie if you think its the truth and pass it off as the truth. Why not say, "I'm not sure." This guy might think you are sure. Get upset cause coulda spent $10 on a motor and chaned the spur and pinion around. But thought whats the use I was told its the same motor. That is my stink.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Midlife: the reason for this new motor was the origanal one wouldnt do very good in the Rally/ sct. The same reason there coming out with 2 new micro brushless systems. For the new Rally/Sct.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The motor prdator rwinds is made by x-mods for a "modified" motor for the losi micro cars. It's not this one. That brushed motor is about as fast as the 8750. ask predator. That's what he uses and rewinds the arm.
predator motors are not Xmod motors. Xmod Gen 1 & 2 are 130 size and larger than the losi micro motors.
Look up Chevy55s big block thread for a picture comparison. the motor he rewinds are much closer to the atomic dual ball bearing motors and are the same size as the losi micro.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
The only motor combo that might work for your application is a 130 can PN racing motor with neo magnets. (40-60 turn)If you could adapt in a 130 can motor it might be the best of both worlds but you will have to get custom on the chassis and a custom motor plate.

If you are totally stuck on using the Losi axles then you might not ever find the right combo. I even tried one of the Losi 10250kv brushless systems on a crawler for fun. It was quick but absolutely no crawling ability...and the axles handled it ok. It wasn't fast enough to be fun and had no torque.

One other option is to jump up to 11.1 volt on an ESC and motor that can hanlde it.

I tried a 11.1 on a Sidewinder micro esc and a 4100kv 12-30 brushless motor and it was pretty good. I never posted it cause it cogged a little too much for my liking.
If you wanna go brushless. Try here http://blackstarhobbies.com/ just thought you wanted to spend not alot. you could try this http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...13786&cat_name then spdcntroller and Rx doesn't need changed.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

What the hell is an xmod? Getbent( aka predator! Lol!) re- winds BB2 motors from Atomic. (Disclaimer: he did anyway, so I could be wrong now...not lying!) My SCT hauls ass with it's stock motor, no problems with it.

OP......really sorry bout the hijack! The nutswinging sure is entertaining though!
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
predator motors are not Xmod motors. Xmod Gen 1 & 2 are 130 size and larger than the losi micro motors.
Look up Chevy55s big block thread for a picture comparison. the motor he rewinds are much closer to the atomic dual ball bearing motors and are the same size as the losi micro.
Did I say x mod? I am positive I said hop-ups for losis micro cars.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What the hell is an xmod? Getbent( aka predator! Lol!) re- winds BB2 motors from Atomic. (Disclaimer: he did anyway, so I could be wrong now...not lying!) My SCT hauls ass with it's stock motor, no problems with it.

OP......really sorry bout the hijack! The nutswinging sure is entertaining though!
They are/were esentially radio shacks cheaper version of the kysho mini Z's. pretty fun micros back in the day
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...2-AWnA&cad=rja
Old 07-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:

that's the Losi High Power motor it was made for the Rally/SCT. Please read my posts on this thread. I said this to a few times.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:

That's him. His motors are predator
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's him. His motors are predator

I think Predator would wind up more if atomic would ever getim back in stock.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It's not a lie if you think its the truth and pass it off as the truth. Why not say, "I'm not sure." This guy might think you are sure. Get upset cause coulda spent $10 on a motor and chaned the spur and pinion around. But thought whats the use I was told its the same motor. That is my stink.
Take the motor apart, look at it, put it back together.

Have you done that? Several if us have.

Ever rewind one of these motors? Several of us have.

You've seen my fleet, none of them have stock motors. Not one. There is zero difference between each motor, zero. The old T and DT don't have a cooling hole in the can, but the windings are the same, the wraps are the same, the lengths are the same, the brushes are the same... Oh and here is the big one, contact Losi support and they'll tell you it's the same, contact horizon hobby and they'll tell you it's the same.

But if you say it's different, what leg do I have to stand on to argue.
Evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
By bad gouge I mean you shouldnt lie to him. Torque goes up with a bigger pinion gear? HUH? So I put a bigger pinion gear and get more speed and more torque? You think that maybe, just maybe I took the bigger one off and put the small one on?
If they were identical why would losi list two?
I just read the part of going faster because you have no way of measuring the torque difference... so a larger pinion gives you more speed, the more torque is mental.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Or your trekker had dud motor and thats why you noticed such a big improvement.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinside View Post
Take the motor apart, look at it, put it back together.

Have you done that? Several if us have.

Ever rewind one of these motors? Several of us have.

You've seen my fleet, none of them have stock motors. Not one. There is zero difference between each motor, zero. The old T and DT don't have a cooling hole in the can, but the windings are the same, the wraps are the same, the lengths are the same, the brushes are the same... Oh and here is the big one, contact Losi support and they'll tell you it's the same, contact horizon hobby and they'll tell you it's the same.

But if you say it's different, what leg do I have to stand on to argue.

That's fine. If you think there th same that's fine. Gonna keep my Losi "High power" motor in my Trekker. You do what ya want. Have fun at that crop circle.