Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: project help...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0688 View Post
Read my post about Horizon being a store. Team Losi is who designed and built it not Horizon Hobby. That explains one of your problems.
Read my post about Losi being a part of horizon hobby and if you go to Losi support it gives you the number to horizon hobby.

Thanks.
Evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Thats the good thing about the 130 sized motors,you can use the stock electronics. because of xmods and mini Z being so popular there are lots of "performance" versions with dual ball bearing cans and Neo magnets.
the bigger size gets you more torque, stays cooler and being brushed you can keep the stock electronics. its not a direct bolt in like get bents motors but all you need to do is make a new motor plate and open up the hole on a spare pinion. the stock 10T pinion that comes on the cralwer motor is to small to open up but the next size it comes with as a spare works.
I forget how many teeth the spare is. i think its around 12T or 14T ? I forget offhand
I saw on the other site. That guy posted a Bunch of those motors. and his video. You can tell when he punches it. It seems like he uses about 10% throttle for most of that course. Seems like the most work here is taking a dremel to some aluminum.
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
If you dont want to wait for the getbent motor you could try a 130 can motor as I said b4. when looking around just search for 130 size motors,Xmod, or Mini Z motors

here are pictures of the 2 130 can motors chevy55 has used
black one is a 70T but for a rock racer you may want something with even less turns for more speed.
just keep in mind you need to make a new motor plate and find a .3mod pitch pinion for the bigger shaft. some have used a spare gear from another crawler trans (smallest gear) but i prefer to just file out a brass pinion. you might be able to even do the same with the bigger spare pinion that comes with a stock crawler. just use a dab of CA or super glue to hold in place. and again this wont fit in a TMC chassis, I have one and its a tight squeeze even with the stock gear

I was actually havin to much fun arguein and lookin at the Wraith area to go back and read all the poststs indepth. Today I looked at this then went over to the Micro site and researched more. I like this idea. It's not Getbents fault the atomic motors have been out of stock for months.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #84

look wat ive started lol anyhow i just ordered the blade tmc chassis and ill go from ther. i may end up doing two micros and makein this first one more of a comp rig and get a redcat sumo and geting another tmc chassis and makein the rock racer. thanks for the advice
The Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinside View Post
Read my post about Losi being a part of horizon hobby and if you go to Losi support it gives you the number to horizon hobby.

Thanks.
News to me. Then why does Losi have their own site. With exploded views for every model they have?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechanic View Post
look wat ive started lol anyhow i just ordered the blade tmc chassis and ill go from ther. i may end up doing two micros and makein this first one more of a comp rig and get a redcat sumo and geting another tmc chassis and makein the rock racer. thanks for the advice

Blade.com makes some very nice kits. I would check out this mod to add a mini-z/x-mod motor. Looks like the hardest part of this mod is makin a motor plate.

Looks like this guy is enjoying himself.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Thanks.
Just went to the Horrizon site and both motors are shown http://search.horizonhobby.com/index...d=13159F986137 So not only are you Lazy but apparently full of crap. You prolly never even called Horizon but its not Losi so it doesnt matter much.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Just went to the Horrizon site and both motors are shown http://search.horizonhobby.com/index...d=13159F986137 So not only are you Lazy but apparently full of crap. You prolly never even called Horizon but its not Losi so it doesnt matter much.
Then you call them and prove me wrong. Or shut ur mouth. Pretty simple. Or are you worried you're going to be proven a hard headed moron?

Either way, I proved what needed to be proved. If you have problems with that, those are your problems... Everyone and I mean everyone here is against you on this topic... So rock on fighting the good fight.

Last edited by Evilinside; 07-23-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
News to me. Then why does Losi have their own site. With exploded views for every model they have?
Same reason xbox has it's own site and is also found under Microsoft's website... idiot.

I bet spektrum has their own website too... OMG! But I bet they have no affiliation with horizon hobby either huh...

Last edited by Evilinside; 07-23-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I just went to horizon and looked at the exploded view http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...ceListRev2.pdf
it show part # LOSB0833 . So you so full of it I know you have brown eyes. Called up Horizon. GEEZ. can't believe I actually thought you did. Kinda like goin to Walmart to find out which ranch a certain cow came from. Still though it was odd they posted wrong exploded views. Anyway they didn't
Old 07-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I just went to horizon and looked at the exploded view http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...ceListRev2.pdf
it show part # LOSB0833 . So you so full of it I know you have brown eyes. Called up Horizon. GEEZ. can't believe I actually thought you did. Kinda like goin to Walmart to find out which ranch a certain cow came from. Still though it was odd they posted wrong exploded views. Anyway they didn't
I bet.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Same reason xbox has it's own site and is also found under Microsoft's website... idiot.

I bet spektrum has their own website too... OMG! But I bet they have no affiliation with horizon hobby either huh...

You don't find Spektrum engineers at Horizon. What a MORON.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Then you call them and prove me wrong. Or shut ur mouth. Pretty simple. Or are you worried you're going to be proven a hard headed moron?

Either way, I proved what needed to be proved. If you have problems with that, those are your problems... Everyone and I mean everyone here is against you on this topic... So rock on fighting the good fight.
I just went to the website theres to same damn exploded view but I wanted to prove you wrong so I went to its major retailer Horizon hobby. Both motors are sold there and the trekker and crawler both come with the 0833. Yer so full of crap! Apparently didn't look. the 5 minutes it took me to look it up her also makes you look really stupid. Not to mention you taking time to take two motors apart, look at the arms and tnik, "look the same to me."
Old 07-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I just went to the website theres to same damn exploded view but I wanted to prove you wrong so I went to its major retailer Horizon hobby. Both motors are sold there and the trekker and crawler both come with the 0833. Yer so full of crap! Apparently didn't look. the 5 minutes it took me to look it up her also makes you look really stupid. Not to mention you taking time to take two motors apart, look at the arms and tnik, "look the same to me."

I posted them here so all you LAzy Ass has to do is move your mouse up and click on it. its from both sites now. I did all the hard work for ya. Should only take a few miutes to find out they are different. Don't you feel stupid for wasting time taking them apart.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

Quote:

One is the store other the maker. You really outa read back for making such Stupid comments.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
One is the store other the maker. You really outa read back for making such Stupid comments.
I was really hopin you would be an adult. Apperently ppl. that need to grow up are all over.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You don't find Spektrum engineers at Horizon. What a MORON.
Uh huh.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Sure.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I posted them here so all you LAzy Ass has to do is move your mouse up and click on it. its from both sites now. I did all the hard work for ya. Should only take a few miutes to find out they are different. Don't you feel stupid for wasting time taking them apart.
I bet.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Sounds like it.