LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #101
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chafee View Post
if you can afford prom then you can afford an rc crawler
Quote:
i actually remember a thread like this on clodtalk a couple of years ago ...........by p bachmann also known as digler. Hhhmmmm
Quote:
THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT. AND WHAT IS UP WITH THE RING ON THE RIGHT MARRIAGE FINGER? DO YOU LIKE RIVER DANCE??????? QUEER MUCH????
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-MuRdaA View Post
The thing that me thinking was the 4 star rating on a 5 page thread with no useful information in it. Not only that but there have been a lot of posts praising how cool this thread is.
All I see is a person pretty much "thinking out loud" about their plans for what could turn out to be a pretty cool build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
I skimmed this all thinking there would be a start to a home made rig. I am let down by the immense amount of fail. This thread sucks.

I'm going to remind you guys One time only, this is the newbie general section.
THERE IS TO BE NO FLAMMING WHAT SO EVER.
The next time there will not be a warning, infractions will be handed out.
Move on to another thread if you don't like the way this one is turning out.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 04-08-2009 at 07:39 PM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #102

for 1 i live in texas...in the united states. we wear our wedding badn on the left hand. This is my purity ring. number 2...the main reason i havent posted pics is because i dont want people flippin out bashing me therefore ruining my motivation...but if you want pics...heres pics.

Its not perfect but its good freakin enough for me. I may not have a crawler built in a week but for 1 ive had prom, my grandfathers death, the clutch went out in my real jeep, work, and a bunch of other bs you guys havent had to deal with so cut me some freakin slack...no one can have a vision or a dream anymore. I never said i was going to build the worlds greatest crawler overnight. no one just sits down and starts building...i had to research and learn things before i just started cutting aluminum.
Alljackedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #103
Old guy

Without visions and dreams there would be no future You do your thing. I would have loved to go to prom in a big rig. And your ring is cool, I might not have got myself in some of the trouble I got into if I was wearing one when I was your age. Wear it proud.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #104

I cant believe what im reading here. You guys just bash on this dude and all he is doing is trying. There is something to be said about making your own. I bet 90% of you would even try. Im sure he can afford axles and stuff if he wanted but instead he is using his own two hands and some imagination. Thats amazing.

Alljackedup - Keep up the good work.
Prinler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

MAN that was one Big rig.... Damn thing looked as long as a city bus..

Is that some sort of suped up otr rig??? the w/b looked REEEEEEEEEEEel long lol..

P.S keep up the work oh hey.... the guys need pics... ya know the less lerned types....Kinna gotta give them guys a break also....
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

If you build it in an apartment, is it apartment built?
MOVIN-SLOOOOOOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #107
Rock Stacker

do your thing man. you build it then know how to fix it thats the way i look at it. i can tell you this im tuned in. i have been building up jeeps and crawlers long enough to know you take your time do it once do it right. some people buy an ARTR and strap on some electronics and say built it , much respect to you though
MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #108
Rock Stacker

I wasn't flaming anyone I was just making an observation. Either way it doesn't matter now, pics have been posted and my theory was wrong.
I apologize for hurting everyones feelings. :grouphug:
C-MuRdaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #109
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-MuRdaA View Post
I wasn't flaming anyone I was just making an observation. Either way it doesn't matter now, pics have been posted and my theory was wrong.
I apologize for hurting everyones feelings. :grouphug:
I didn't mean to really include you, I must have clicked on your quote accidentally, no worries.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #110
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
I didn't mean to really include you, I must have clicked on your quote accidentally, no worries.
It's all good. Now back on topic.
C-MuRdaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #111

lol i love the :grouphug: hahaha. Ok so I worked today and put new seats in my real jeep (which was a freakin pain...took 3 hours to get the old ones out...they were original) so i havent had time to work on it. Tomorrow I'm doing some video project with a friend to help him out then were out of town for easter till monday soooo...for now i'll just tell my plans.

When i get back into it i'll get my chassis all put together and start on a tranfer case or transmission or whatever you wanna call it...i dont see it as either lol. "engine power conversion box" hahaha. Anyways i'm gonna make it adjustable so if i ever have to change the engine out or a gear off the front i can just adjust it to fit perfectly. Kinda hard to explain but i'll show you when i get it made. Then i'll move on to attaching the body and making drive shafts. Then comes suspension and links, then axles...then steering. Then its done! (wow...i just made that sound WAAAAAY simpler than it really is) but im working at it...helping a friend build one aswell so...
Old 04-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Jackedup, Let me tell you something bro. I am a 29yo father of 5, (ages 8,7,6,1.5, and 4mths). All of our daughters (8,7,6) are from previous relationships (8,6 for wife, 7 for me). My wifes mom just died, as did my uncle. The kids have been on spring break, we have easter coming up, and my wife and I are trekking back and forth to doctors so much I am starting to find it pointless to even own a home since we are never here. But you know what. I really wanted to get into this hobby. I love it, its fun, and can be a source of frustration, hillarity, and lots of work.
I am glad that you are taking the initiative to build your own rig. Congrats. Most of the people on this site, and in this hobby would be scared $h!tless to attempt what you are. Good for you. Do your best, and take your time. We will all be here to help you answer your questions, give you tips, pick at you, and be good friends.

I commend you sir. For the last thing I was trying to do at sixteen was have a promise ring, work, or go to the prom... Come to think of it, maybe thats why I have so many kids.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #113

I appreciate your comment man. Its extremely encouraging.
About the promise ring...when you love somone enough to convince your parents AND grandparents...aswell as her parents and grandparents i think your set lol. I love her...more than anything. And i can say that with 100% honesty.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #114

First, let me say keep working on it, I'm interested in seeing what you'll come up with. You're either courageous or foolhardy!!! probably a bit of both! :-P

second, lol at Christian Homeschool, and the purity ring
ejej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #115

Lol...well yea i may be crazy for trying but so were the guys hanging off the hoover dam when they built it >.< however it was a great accomplishment.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #116

don't listen to any of those idiots who like to give people a hard time. i'd like to see them build a 90% home made crawler. keep up the great work and i can't wait to see some progress on this rig!

Colin
Crawler_from_Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #117

im cutting the other chassis plate and skid today...hope to have the holes drilled and ready for assembly soon =). Then i'll move onto the links and shocks.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Dude, you actually went to prom in that fat-ass Petey?!?!?

That is a sweet looking rig. A long one too. What's the wheelbase, like 320"?? What motor is he runnin?

About your crawler project - don't let these negative comments discourage you man. You obviously have desire and determination already, those are important no matter what you're doing. Anything you do toward achieving this goal will be useful experience even if the project does not come to fruition.

Post up some pics of what you've got going, we'll see if we can help you...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #119

on friday i'll be making a new skid plate...im gonna do a wider one. Didnt like how narrow the other was. Once i get that together and etc i'll post some pics of it. Both chassis plates are done and i matched them up perfectly today. (i did it all by hand so at first they were a tiny bit different...but i put them side by side in a vice and filed them down)

And yes i went in that. Kevin Cherry is a best friend. Its 312" WB and a CAT Accert twin turbo
Old 04-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE

And yes i went in that. Kevin Cherry is a best friend. Its 312" WB and a CAT Accert twin turbo[/QUOTE]

Does that rig have farm tags on it or do they let you get yer CDL in high school where you are?

Can't wait to see the plates, have you started axles yet?
ohmyCLOD! is offline   Reply With Quote