Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to rc crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 01:49 AM   #21

Default Re: new to rc crawler

i believe most 1/10 scale bodies will fit its just the matter of trimming them if needed
gettingbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #22

Hello, just a new member checking in from Nor-Cal
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #23

Hello, Really like this site !! awesome pics and info packed.. new to Crawling. I am for sure looking to purchase a scx 10. the options seem endless for this truck.. Hello from Houston !!
Paulnhoutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #24

Hi,
My name is Jay and I am a rock addict.. Love to watch my rc crawl all over them. I am here check in with you folks, post my first post here and get started. I am by no means new to crawling, however new to this wonderful forum chock full of interesting information and people. I have been sprunging information here for a while. I reckon its time to come out of the guest closet, buy myself a shiny star and start asking stupid questions regarding the crawling of the rock.
I live in beautiful Coeur D Alene Idaho and I look forward to talking with you folks.Thank you all for having me here.
Best regards, Jay
FXRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #25

Hi there .i am from Louisiana.this seems to be the site for rc crawling,which i also am new to.i am still researching and reading about all the rock crawlers that are out there .weighing the pros and cons .hopefully i will purchase one soon .cant wait.
buc131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Hi,
I'm from martinique FWI, new to rc crawler but start off road truck sence 20 years (now truggy brushless), There is not a lot of crawler in my country so i need your help
OLI972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #27

Hi everyone,

Signed up on the site a few days ago. I picked up a Losi Micro 4x4 trekker for my birthday and have been having all sorts of fun with it. I'm from Colorado and have started planning trips around the state to do some crawling with my new car. Looking forward to meeting everyone and being involved in some good discussions.
b4d93r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Hello Everybody,
I'm brand new to RC... but learning fast. I build and drive real 1-1 rigs and love the sport of crawling. I bought a Axial Scorpian RTR and have already started
modding it. I've learned so much in just a few hours on this site... Cant wait to put what I lean to good use.
Thank you for a great site... I look forward to learning and sharing in the future.

Reaney in NH
NHebayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #29
gec
Rock Stacker

Gday everyone, we're new to here, and Rock Crawling, my son and I have an Axial Wraith and we have already busted the knuckle on the front axle, so while researching replacement parts I found this place, also seen a few upgrades for the Wraith in the adds, so we ordered a few bits and pieces to get her going again.
We live on the west coast of Australia, about 400 kays North of Perth, good to be here and I look forward to getting plenty of good info to keep the buggy running, Cheers,

Glen.
gec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

just ordered my scx10. seems a much cheaper way to go 4 wheeling than my 93 wrangler was.
I've been into rc cars since the early 90's and recently found my old rc12l
it still works! it has been sitting in my folks basement since 94,sadly it was nearly impossible to find anything new for it, wheels,tires,etc.
So I bought an E10 drift car,lots of fun for the money, but while I was at a shop up in ma I decided I really wanted a crawler too. So now that I'm home I went ahead and ordered a honcho, I really like the scale crawlers,they make me nostalgic for my jeep days.

Really been loving some of the builds I've seen on here like, noobs fj55,and wolfcreek rc orv park

It is going to be interesting finding crawl spots here in downtown chicago
but I will

Adam
2.slowduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Hello guys and girls(maybe but probably not), just bought my first 2 rc kits an SCX10 Dingo for my son and a Wraith for myself. They should be here sometime next week. These will be my first kits always bougth the cheap wallyworld ones before. Already got plans on adding some upgrades to them mostly from post on this site.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #32

Question Re: new to rc crawler

Hello,

I am new to the site, and also new to rock crawling. I became heavily involved in R/C back in 2004, and left the sport in 2006 (due to loss of interest). Now, I am seriously addicted to this new found (to me) sport.

I am currently in Texas and am part of the Wounded Warrior Project (Warrior Transition Battalion) awaiting surgery for a spinal injury that was received during my last deployment. Right now I am stuck in a wheelchair, and am scouring the internet for any and all information on my new interest.

I am trying to decide which way I want to go in this sport. I am building a AX10 based crawler with one of my best friends - for the Sportsman Class and plan on competing with this truck. Rich (my friend) recommended this site as a useful tool and fountain of information. I am also looking at buying a second vehicle but cannot make up my mind. Decisions, decisions, decisions.......
banshee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #33

hello , my name is anthony , and as like almost everyone here im also new to the RC Rock crawling , i get my first rc crawler on Christmas ( 12-25-12 ) and also just like everyone else im on here for tips,tricks and any other usefull info and maybe some club info for Northern California ( east bay area, fiarfield vacaville area ) , As my first crawler i chose the Axial SCX10 Honcho RTR , but like i said i do not get it till the 25th . hope to hear from some local crawlers out there , thanx in advance -Anthony
scx10_crawler_NEW-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #34

Smile Re: new to rc crawler

Hello Everyone,
I found this site and I'm hooked. I order a crawler and it will be here tomorrow. I've got an extra acre of land that would be perfect for a crawling track. I'm thinking of the living room to but I better wait till the better half lets me. Anyone in Lou Ky area want to help build a track??
Rockcrawlergeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #35

Hello everyone!

I've been checking out RC Crawling from the sidelines for a while now and been totally interested in it. I used to be real into rc's when I was a kid, but after one would break down on me, my parents would never fix them. So after a while, I stopped getting them. I loved them then, and I seem to love them now in my 30's!

I've been watching some videos and doing a lot of reading to try to familiarize myself with some kind of knowledge. Working on catching onto the lingo and everything else that comes with it. I'm planning to soon invest into a rock crawler. Currently looking at the xr10 or the scx10. The xr10 seems to be a bit more hardcore and capable. So not sure which I'm leaning to more yet. I'd imagine you'll need a much more hardcore course to have the same amount of fun on the xr10? Which I'm not sure where I might find such courses yet.

I'm currently in the Pittsburgh, PA area, but moving back to Cincinnati Ohio this week for about a year or so. So if anyone is from the area and into the same things, I'd love to maybe meet up with you. Drop me a mail.

See you around the forums!
D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #36

just signed up. new to rock crawling. I need to read alot more info here and then get started. As of now i like the Axial sc10 . I will read up on that and then look to purchase.
I have a few things from other R/C cars. I'm also liking the Novak ballistic 21.5 crawler motor on 2S. Again i need to research a little then purchase.

great site so far,
Mike
bigandtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #37

New to the rc crawling scene. Had rc buggies and truggies as a kid. Been crawling my 1:1 tj for the last 10 years. Borrowed a buddies Honcho this summer on a camping trip and loved it. Looks like I'll be picking a axial rubicon in the near future.
y2ktj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #38

Hey new member here. Been checking out the site for a while but haven't joined until now. Looking forward to being part of the crawling community.
Hadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Didn't know there was a role call,LOL! New here from Eastern TN (well,not from TN,a transplant),brand new to crawlers,renew to hobby. Nice ot meet y'all
The DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

Also new here and to crawlers. Like a lot of folks I picked up a couple traxxas trucks last year having no idea what I wanted out of an rc vehicle and while they are fun and I managed to mod the slash 4x4 into something much closer to what I wanted I think I just started off with the wrong platform. Just picked up a ridgecrest a week ago and out of the box its much more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Going to take my time through the long Edmonton winter to work on it and get to know it better.
BCSteel is offline   Reply With Quote