Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to rc crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #1

Default new to rc crawler

i am looking for truck for does this site 4 sale board i am for east tennessee anyone here from here
tnrockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Hi, once you have 30 posts in the technical sections, you will be able to view the classifieds
2brokefor1:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Really not trying to be a jerk, but coherent sentences and punctuation help quite a bit too.

You could also opt to buy a star and support the site, then you wouldn't need 30 meaningful posts.
silentcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #4

Default Re: new to rc crawler

Hello to everyone. I newly join this very informative forum. I really very happy to join this very informative forum. I found it very interesting specially for new users, like me. This forum really full of interest.
flickway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BIGFOOT View Post
get those 20 posts in..and you can look at the classified section for what you need
its 30 posts, pay 20 bucks and you get alot more than just seeing the forsale section.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #6

Dont be a cheap ass, Just buy a star and support the forum. with all the informative posts that are here, I believe 20 bucks is a Bargain!! Love this site...

Also, why is this post a sticky?
D-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ride View Post
Also, why is this post a sticky?
You didn't notice the other 20 some stickied posts about the same thing?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #8

yeah i saw them, just dont understand why there so many. PPl just need to read!!
D-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

Unfrtntly ppl dnt read.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrockman View Post
i am looking for truck for does this site 4 sale board i am for east tennessee anyone here from here

I'm from Cleveland,tn about 30 miles north of Chattanooga
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #11

Ok I just signed up as I thought there were many informative reviews on real world issues, tires, etc. Now I wonder, as I proceed. Does RC stand for rock crawling or radio controlled... ? It seems a lot of terms used here are ones I have never heard of, also strange, cause I have been 4 wheeling all my life at various points? I guess whast I am asking is, is this a duel site for toys or the real thing, extreme racing/rock crawling.....and al the things I do like follow old grown over forest roads, somtimes make my on as I go along. We have thousands of acres for ATV/UTV travel Am I getting it wrong, someone please explain thanks..
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #12

Hi everyone I have just started rock crawling with a Losi Micro Crawler and thought it woulld be a good idea to join this forum for hints and tips.

Thanks Anthony
Focusmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #13

Looking for a club around bloomington il. Im new to crawling .i do not know anyone else with a truck. I'm willing to put in work to get one started if there isn't one around
Constructwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #14

hey everyone. I am new. I was in to rc stuff when I was a kid, but eventualy moved on to other interests. mostly because of the lack of hobby shops in my area. but now there is this thing called an enternet and the farest hobby shop is just a mouse click away. and a frind sparked a new interest in the rc hobby. boy have things changed over the years. I drove my last rc when I was still in my teens, now I am 41. thats between 15 and 20 years of rc tecnolegy I have missed. my old rc was simular to a tamyia clodbuster, but not nearly as good. and the clod can't hold a candel to some of the trucks I have seen. I was given a new bright jeep and a nikko jeep, both in 1/10 scale. so I am fixing up the bodys and scraping the rest. I want to go with a realistic aluminum frame (like a high lift has) 4 link suspention, high lift axles, 2.2 wheels, a single electric motor, and a low geared gear box. I was going to have 4 wheel steering, but I found out that the usrcca only alows front wheel steering for crawlers, and I want to build a rig I can compeet with, if I get the chance. I would love some input from some of you that know more than me.
yendor302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Hi everyone. New to RC Crawling but was totally hooked when I tried a friends crawler. I've dabbled in RC aircraft, boats & even owned an EMaxx at one time. I was amazed at what these crawlers could climb. I like the technical aspect of a course and trying to negotiate it. This should be a fun hobby that I can do with my son. The crawler I have coming is a built up T1E chassis. I look forward to getting some good videos of it crawling too.
Fumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #16

Cool Need some competition

Well this is my first time on here!Just bought my first rock crawler a month ago and would like to see if there is anywhere in northern Ky, or Cincinatti area that is having compititions or crawler meets. If you guys know of any please let me know.

Thanks
NITECRAWLER 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #17
Cn3

Hello,
Chris from Washinton here!!!! Great site lots of good info been into rc since the mid 80's just kinda fell into the crawler thing and wow these things kick ass. So far I have an ax10 and am building an xr10 so I will probably be asking some semi noob question on setting up dig that is if I have problems have to wait and see!!!!!
Cn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #18

Read, do some research , there are some great folk's here to help and as always a couple of attitudes....
Great site with a lot of information and soon you'll find that you have met the minimum posts to have access to the for sale section.
First, listen, read and learn...
75LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #19

i just bought a wraith and im new to crawling. ive already toyed with it broke the stock esc with a failed h2o proofing. replaced it with a vxl esc. still has stock motor. ive also replaced the shocks with proline crawler shocks but im not to impressed. could any one help me make this crawler a bit more fun. id like to get more flex out of it. not looking for a comp setup just something that can crawl over more then my foot. thanks for any future help
cheez253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #20

ok i have searched everything does anyone know what bodies will fit a mad tourque 1/8 scale the one on it is ok but i like the more realistic bodies
tourque splitter is offline   Reply With Quote