Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to rc crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #61

Default Re: new to rc crawler

I'm new to this site my uncle told me about it I don't have a rock crawler but I'm building my own it will be a rock crawler wrecker it's still in the works but its a start
itsajeepthing97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #62

Smile Re: new to rc crawler

this is a few pics still in progress and still need a few mroe things its 2wd right no but going to get strate axles and a trans and it will look better
itsajeepthing97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #63

hi all im new to the site and crawler/trail thing i have have been looking at videos and love it and i would like to know how do you guys it such long run time ..i have a venom creeper with a novak gtb /18.5 im running it more like a trail truck
Melhugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #64

Hello guys, Just newly join in this informative forum. I found it very interesting specially for new users, like me. This forum really full of interest.
Terrence2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Glad you like it here. Welcome.
Make sure to use the search button for any questions you have. More than not someone has already posted the questions and answers. Good to have ya here and cant wait to see your RC's.
Epcampau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #66

Hi guys new to all this -gas truggy racer ! - Just built a axial scx10 kit rubicon had first run and dont seem to have very much steering got a good servo lipo batt , do i need to mod some thing ?
Moonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #67

Howdy from the land of the dry heat! Was looking for something to do when I cannot fly RC planes. New to RC crawling having bought an older AM Axial Legacy! Thanks, Leadlober

Last edited by THX_138; 05-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.
leadlober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

i have an axial wraith, hitec 5645 mg for steering, 625 mg for 2 speed trans, rc4wd 2 speed trans, spectrum dx3s, 5000ma shotgun pack, aluminum steering knuckles and axle tube ends for the steering knuckles. been really awesom so far. i was wondering if there was a group out here. like down at disney where i mud my full size?
oldcoopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Cool Re: new to rc crawler

Ok I have some questions about this forum. I joined yesterday and today I started a thread in the noobs section and I got a mesage informing me that the thread would be added as soon as a moderator approved it. (New to me) Thats fine but the thread hasn't popped up and I'm left with questions. Did i get denied? I know that forums can get wiered sometimes but I hope that is not the case. I believe that a forum should be wide open. You should be able to access the classys and have most links available when you sign up. But it's ok with me if I don't get access to the classys for 30 days and 30 posts. I'm sure I will contribute to the forum monitarily at some point but to gain access to what I think should be available from the start leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Someone tell me that I've got it all wrong. If my thread gets approved I look forward to everyone chiming in. Im loving crawling and to me a good forum is the backbone to any of my many hobbies. One heck of a first post I know sorry. Remember. This is the noobs section. No flaming, it's in the rules
Fly Krisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Fly Krisco - the restrictions on the classifieds are there for a reason - they were being severely abused when they were open right away. and for the record - the requirements to get into them here are pretty easy compared to other similar sites. I belong to another that requires 180 posts and 6 months! I joined there in January - I wont get access to their classifieds until about July 1...

As for the post needing mod approval - it sometimes happens that way - there is not a mod on duty 24/7 - patience is a virtue.
If it doesnt pop up in a day or so, try pm-ing a moderator and ask about it - politely - sometimes things get overlooked - this IS a huge site to try to stay on top of.

In the mean time, have a look around, research the rig you are interested in/have and have a little fun! There is plenty here to keep one occupied for extended periods! LOL
heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #71

Hi all,
New to the art of low speed up big things, but did enough homework to decide to buy an SCX10 honcho 2nd hand to start off as I love the scale look and will be using it for trail walks with my son when we go camping.
Picked it up yesterday afternoon and between my son and I we put 4.5hrs on it on a course I made up from a stack of pavers I had sitting around, (I told my wife they would get used one day, she didn't see this coming but)
All I can say is awesome, I have been racing 1/10 offroad for a few years and can honestly say I didn't think going slow could be so much fun.
wozthefitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

I agree with you. I've been racing off road for a couple of years and I can honestly say I have more fun going slow. I've built a very difficult rock course in my backyard next to my bar and I'm having such a good time that I've not been to the track in like a month.

Fly Krisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #73

Hello everyone, my name is Ramon. I just bought a SCX10 Honcho, I like the realism of scaling. Hopefully one day I'll have it tricked out like the ones I've seen on here but for now it's going to be stock for a while. Would also like to find people around my area to go out with.
rsx_ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Hi All, new here since April, been eyeballin' members rides and threads for a few months before that. I'm from Streamwood, IL, and would like to meet up with some of the folks in my area. Closest truck I have to a 4x4 is a Helion Dominus, and am looking into either a Dingo kit or Crawler King. Like everyone says, it don't matter what you're into as long as you're having fun.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #75

Hey rc crawler, im new to the site and love it, anyhing and everythimg I have ever had aquestion aboit I have found on here.. I m gunna go get a prepaid card so I can buy a star and support this site , and of course be avle to browse through the classifids, thanks guys this site is the $ h! T!!
josh rankine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #76

Hey my name is AL I am an old fat at 64, but still playing with toys. I have been into RC since 1983 and love it. I run just abut every class you can think of, but my most recent passion is rock crawling. Maybe cause it is slower paced like I am.

I use to race the real dirt oval and drove everything from hobby stock to modified and latemofdel. I still drag race my 74 Nova.

You might say I am a kid at heart even though the body is falling apart.

Hope to chat with all of you soon. I am on just about every RC forum out there.
OLGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx_ramon View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Ramon. I just bought a SCX10 Honcho, I like the realism of scaling. Hopefully one day I'll have it tricked out like the ones I've seen on here but for now it's going to be stock for a while. Would also like to find people around my area to go out with.
Scroll down to the bottom of the forum and in the regional section find your state and go from there. I was suprised to find people so close to where I live. And I've met some of them and had a blast.
riskyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #78

Hello I just got into crawling and its awesome. I started with a honcho, then got a venom creeper, but the latest addition to my crawler collection is a RC4WD Bully. dual micro sidewinders, its awesome. now time for mods. .
I look forward to learning from this site. thanks ahead of time for answering my questions
Flakfizerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #79

Hi Guys! New to the RC world. Trying to get some valuable information from experts on the forum on what to get as my first scaler/trailer. Looking at the Axial scx-10 but still can decide which one. Glad I found the site. Great forum!
Retro5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

I think your good to go on any axial scx-10 that catches your fancy. I believe the only real diferences are the bodies and the body mounts maybe, cosmetic stuff. all the real parts should all be the same.
Gravebane525 is offline   Reply With Quote