Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Vintage R/C cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #81
0 0

Default Re: Vintage R/C cars

There are a set of sees on ebay right now that look like the could be a match. Maybe it's just your picture but the inside tire lip rings look pretty chunky. Is that damage or how they were cast? Sees wheels are pretty well made. Pretty sure they are machined not cast too?
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #82

That JPS pic is full of so much awesome... The web page is still alive, but looks like last updated about 5 years ago, so I suppose they're a thing of the past now?
leg0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Added another 1 Bolink pan car with a Tamiya Nissan Z IMSA GT body, came with the motor and servo and 2 sets of wheels with foam tires

Im going to remove the added decals and try cleaning up the body as best I can

Last edited by paleblue46; 02-19-2013 at 06:25 PM.
paleblue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

MRC Thunder Kings , 1 electric , 1 nitro . I just got the nitro and will be cleaning it up and putting the right wheels and tires on it and getting a new motor dropped in ,, on to the pics

the green Bigfoot one was signed by one of the Bigfoot Team drivers years ago ...Eric Tack , he signed it for me in Weedsport NY . I used to do the shows with Pace Motorsports

Last edited by paleblue46; 02-20-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #85
0 0

I always wanted a thunder king when I was little. Don't know that I remember seeing a nitro version. Was that factory or a conversion?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Some guy on here told me to post this up here...lol

sorry for the bad pics, looks like i took them in the 80's when I got this..lol
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #87
0 0

Here's a couple of my most recent purchases.

New, Associated RC10T Team truck

A-Main/Dudgeon gas conversion RC10T, cleaning this one up right now. A before and current. Thanks Lobonyc for the wheels, I'm putting them to use on this one

Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Romulus , yes MRC made both versions , I have had my elec, since it was new ,I got it in 94 or 95 . Then 5 years ago our club was doing a demo at a event at the fair grounds and guy comes up and says he has a rc truck out in his car and wonders if any of us would be interested in buying it , well 20 bucks later I had my parts truck , so I have the tires ,wheels and spares to get the nitro version back to stock .
The associated's look really good , Lobo is a great guy , cant wait to meet him in June...should be fun

Buggy , nice to see the Frog here .....some guy? .......lol

Last edited by paleblue46; 02-20-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Hey Pale,

I was reading about the MRC electric truck in that "vintage" or as some would say "old @$$" magazine, lol. I remember when the Thunder King came out and its selling point was the fact that it was HUGE, a monster racing truck, totally different from how the USA-1 or Clod buster was built. I didn't know they had a nitro version but it makes sense.

On a different note....the wife was actually singing all the lyrics to the Pina Colada song...so this EARBUG has not ended yet. Lucky for me...i like that song. whats funny with the song is that he places and ad or answers an ad(cant recall) and they meet only to find out it was his girlfriend. You got to love the 70's man cause they both were surprised and continued their date. Flash forward to today and this is how it would go: Guy places ad on an online dating site...gets response...meets the chick...turns out to be his girlfriend....both are shocked...they get into an argument...someone gets stabbed in the neck...the stabber then posts the incident on Facebook....the cops come and arrest the stabber...we all find out on a "Law and Order" episode.

You got to love societies advancements, lololol. sorry about running off on a tangent but i was hoping to get this song out of my head by talking about it. OOOSA....OOOSA.

Back to "Vintage"

Hey Romulus...

your new a-main conversion looks better than the EBAY pics. the cleanup is looking better. I'm glad the wheels came in handy...they spend many years in that timecapsule of a tool box i have, lol.
The RC10T is a superb specimen. It looks practically brand new.

Hey buggynutt,

Cool "dusty" frogger, you know its been in the closet for decades when there is as much dust under the lexan as outside the lexan, lol. No offense intended...dust is easier to clean than other gooey or gritty things i can think of.
The chassis has an army look to it. Ive never messed around with Tamiya though.

Pale,

thanks for the kind words...cant wait for June either...its gonna be a blast...im even thinking of taking the trailer hitch just to add some realism.

Hey Romulus...

I felt left out since i dont have a vintage truck per say but thinking about it...i do. here are my versions of vintage

My RC10GT #7072 (still unbuilt)

My Factory team RC10GT #7061 (built)

My Original RC10GT (built, rebuilt, and rebuilt one more time)

and of course you cant have a vintage nitro truck without a vintage fuel gun...

Sorry about that rustynutts...i dusted my RC's before posting pics, lolololol.

*** DUE CREDIT ALERT *** *** DUE CREDIT ALERT ***

I forgot to give Pale credit for explaining the Pina Colada song. I was typing my post as if he did not know the song when in reality Pale put me on to the lyrics...It was only then i realized there were more words than just the pina colada, champagne and rain. lol I get stuck on the drinks, hahahahahah j/k

Thanks Pale!!!

Last edited by Lobonyc; 02-21-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Lobonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

If I remember right there was 4 versions of the truck , electric thunder king , nitro thunder king , electric baja king and electric desert king . the desert king had a buggy body .
Lobo the other sales add had them driving it at full speed into a brick wall with no damage , mine has never broken , I also used it at the 1:1 monster truck shows jumping the cars that the 1:1 jumped , always took this truck with me because the clods would always break in the first runs but the king would last the whole show ..
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Well this thread seems to have died off a bit so I felt it needed an update ...so I bought another MRC Thunder King ..lol yea thats why I got it ..

This one should go good with my other 2 , its cool that its coming with the extras ,
Come on guys there has to be some more vintage things out there
Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #92
RCC Addict

Cool MRC....

I need to find videos of them being driven into walls, lol

Also got another RC10GT...will post a pic once i get a little farther along with it. Just got some associated team shocks on it.

Great MRC man!!! i might have to purchase something as well to keep this thread going.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #93
0 0

Couple of my most recent purchases.

Early RC10 with a Thorpe Alum wing

And another M.C.E. car from the late 60's early 70's

Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Romulus, Damn dude that MCE is freekin cool !!!! nice RC-10 to , I have been looking for that wing for one of mine , very cool

Im kinda pissed I bought that Thunder King because I just found a brand new one still in the box ........damn it
Old 03-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #95
0 0

I'm watching that too. It's low right now but ill be surprised if it doesn't rocket up in price. I'm guessing upwards of $400
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

LOL, I cant bid on it after buying the other one , as much as I want to , but I am looking at the set of tires thats also on the bay
Old 03-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #97
RCC Addict

If its the one thats online now...its going for $350 right off the bat...it will definitely exceed 400 as Rom stated....

Hey pale...maybe it was better that you have the one you purchased already..

a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush....

Oh and if Romulus keeps posting them damn sweet looking buggy pics i might be incline to hit "BID! BUY NOW! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!" button on ebay....and i dont like buggies like that.

Rom...im trying to stay on that wagon!!!

Last edited by Lobonyc; 03-17-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #98
RCC Addict

I still have a Traxxas Sledgehammer.
Attached Images

Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

That tin tub looks to be in great shape Romulus
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Not sure how I missed this thread. My first hobby grade R/C was a vintage rc, It was my dad's Kyosho Turbo Raider that had been sitting in the garage for 10-15 years. One day he decided to pull it out and get it working for me and I have been hooked on rc ever since. I still have it sitting on a shelf and drive it every once in awhile but it's mostly a shelf queen now.

Here is Dad's Kyosho Turbo Raider he started me with.

Here is a Mint Kyosho Raider ARR I bought a couple of years ago.

And last but not least, My pink and purple people eater, Kyosho Turbo Raider. I bought this a few years back to use as a runner. I ran a 6000kv brushless motor in it on 3s and she took it like a champ. If you could ever get it to hit full throttle the wind would catch under the body and send it flying through the air.

Sorry for the bad pictures but they are old pictures that were taken with a cell phone about 2 years ago.
lilpanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Vintage R/C cars - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vintage slot cars helhedded Non Crawler RC's 19 01-14-2010 04:56 PM
Anyone familiar with vintage slot cars? wrx-n-ktm Chit Chat 22 10-15-2009 09:22 PM