Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: projects thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpterbl1 View Post
Got some parts in today for my new trail rig. Not bergs or a losi stuff Tony. A set of T rex 60's and 90mm dual spring shocks showed up but as you can see above I used them on my racer. planning another set of shocks for it. As parts come in I will post them up and start building. My plans for it are a full interior, lights, rock lights, and as scale as possible.

The axles are sweet. I pulled a diff cover off just to check it out(no pics though).
I think I know what it is but I won't say This is because I'm jelous of the axles.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

got the wheels and tires today.

jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Default rock racer

made some remote reservoirs and put some stickers on. just need to mount the reservoirs on the chassis.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

got the reservoirs mounted.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Pretty cool Chad, but does it preform as well as it looks?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:00 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

it performs better since i did some foam work in the tires. The tires where to bouncy right away so I stuffed my homemade memory foams in and it solved it. Still working on the weight ratio for jumping think I have it dialed in. I love the speed.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Default Bounty Hunter is DONE....

Well I got the Bounty Hunter done. I ran it at the Monster Jam in Minneapolis this past weekend and it works very well. Thanks to Tony in helping me dial in my shocks it flies nice and level. Took a bit to get used to the speed and independent 4 wheel steer. The axles are locked running Trinity Madness motors with an EXV2 and 14.4v....Here are a couple pics...

Heather was nice enough to buy me some new tires so I can get rid of the old Savage ones. Hoping to see those arrive soooon....
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Default Wreckluse

couple pics of my latest trail rig. going to start a thread under 2.2 scale rigs soon.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

I'm not dead ... just collecting parts

Got me an idea ...

Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

This should be sweet keep us updated for sure. everyone else must of fell of the planet i guess not sure what happened.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Nice lookin' stuff, guys! Those T-Rex axles are sweet, I have a pair myself. If you don't have the upgrade already, I'd suggest the metal axle mounts and steering knuckles. The plastic is a little too brittle for my liking. I cracked both in a short time, so the upgrades are well worth it.

T.D.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom-crawler View Post
This should be sweet keep us updated for sure. everyone else must of fell of the planet i guess not sure what happened.
I know I've been going back forth with what I want for projects and my cash flow isn't what it once was so things have slowed down for me. I've been going through my inventory trying to slim it down to just one or two types and not 1 everything. Now with the new Losi crawler coming I've finally decided that will be my comp rig and my current Axial comp rig is looking to be my hardbodied scaler. The tow rig is just so I can use the 1/4 servo I modded into a winch awhile back. That and I felt like doing something with more than just 2 axles. It might actually get 4, I don't know. I haven't even picked out a body yet but I've got 2 completely different ones in mind with the possibility of doing once scratch out of styrene.

Christmas was nice and got me the DX6i and I'm looking to get it modded for the spring centered throttle stick. I've deal worked out the tow rig axles, gonna Axials. Thats about as far as I've got planned at the moment. Have to see how the rest of the parts turn out.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

HEY im going to do the losi. ive already tried to sell my comp rig no luck so im going to part it out and use the axles to put the jk or the pig back together thats the plan as of now im sure it will change i got this hilift body laying here screamin truggy so we will see.
the low lux is on hold for now been working on making some pulling stuff for the hi lift.
the tubicon is still waiting on the scale goodies and possible new paint the rock racing really took a beating on it.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Default Still here Mark...

I'm still here Mark but it is Monster truck season for me right now so crawling has been put on hold. I too have been looking at the Losi comp truck, I really like the axles on it. Right now I am building another Clod for bashing and maybe some racing. It will have a Clodzilla 4 chassis with an EVX2 and motors from an E-Revo, should be crazy fast with 13 tooth pinions. Once I start building the chassis I will get some pics up.....
Old 01-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

I'm fleshing out plans for my Tow rig and it might not be as simple as a 6x6 with a boom and 1/4 scale winch servo. I found my old reference stuff from a TLT axle HEMTT build I'd started years ago but never got past the powered roller stage. It's got me thinking ... BIG, like 3 foot long. Axial axles are only 3/8" wider than TLT. Here's the old one...

Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #56
Pebble Pounder

ive seen you around rcmt ive been doing the pulling thing. glad to see your still around. i have a guy that is suppose to send me the money for my comp rig so i can get the losi ordered looking forward to it should be a great truck out of the box.

nice looking rig there jim so is that the plan for the wrecker then? that thing should work good for those time when sombody elses rope snaps trying to flip someone else over. i would like to find somebody with the rims from that big international cx truck to make a semi to pull my truck around. dang now i have to post that up in the wanted ad and try to find some.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Holy cow!!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Right now I'm leaning the 8x8 direction for the wrecker. Finally getting really fired up about a project again. The picture is from awhile back and all of the componants are long gone. I actually tore it down into 2 TLT crawlers and those got traded off when I got my first Axial. I've spent the morning drawing out the dimensions for all the styrene work and trying to figure out how I want to do the suspension. Other than size and number of wheels and axles, it probably won't be anything like my first one. Right now it's looking like 10.25 inches wide by 10 inches tall. Oh and about 32 inches long.

I think it would stand a good chance of winning a pull off or two
Old 01-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Default Body 4 Jim...

Jim I have a old Bullhead body, maybe we can do some trading if it will work for you let me know....
Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

some picks of my tool box, interior, and my home made co2 tank in the wreckluse.