Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: projects thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkoch04 View Post
Do i need to upload my pics on another site and post a url under the insert image option before i can get pics uploaded here, cause i was going to post my stampede with skis and rear duallys.

Also wonderin' how the trail truck is going marc, I looked up those axles and they don't seem that hard to make so if you can't come up with something don't worry about it too much, i can probably figure something out.

You should post more pics of your mini chad, what did you use for a full size servo plate in the front?
Yeah most use photo bucket then you use the image url from there for the insert image option if that makes sense.

Last edited by thunder7845; 01-29-2009 at 06:00 AM.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #82

thanks sam
dbkoch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:00 AM   #83

Default ive recently made a homemade crawler for $0.00

after i finished the welding i painted it black and added shock mounts

then the shell and wheels

just a little flexed
nocauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #84

Here's my new snow machine.

I need to lock the rear diff and put a better servo in it, but it worked better than i thought it would in the wet sloppy snow we have right now.
dbkoch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

Default My latest Clod build....

Here is a pic of my Clodzilla 4. For now it has Magnetic Mayhem motors and a Super Chicken esc. Team Orion Meathooks on Trinity wheels. And an Axial Diablo body that I got from tqcookie, thanks Tony. Heather told me to paint it chrome, would have turned out better but ran a bit short on the Alclad............here is a pic..........

I will be replacing the esc with an EVX2 and motors from an E-Revo soon... Just trying to make it faster than my Bounty Hunter....
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

I was wondering what you ever did with that body. It looks good on there!
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcmonster View Post
Here is a pic of my Clodzilla 4. For now it has Magnetic Mayhem motors and a Super Chicken esc. Team Orion Meathooks on Trinity wheels. And an Axial Diablo body that I got from tqcookie, thanks Tony. Heather told me to paint it chrome, would have turned out better but ran a bit short on the Alclad............here is a pic..........

I will be replacing the esc with an EVX2 and motors from an E-Revo soon... Just trying to make it faster than my Bounty Hunter....
That is one awesome Clod

I have a couple fried E-Revo motors. might be able to get Traxxas to replace them.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #88
RCC Addict

This is what I have been working on

its pictured with 100mm shock, but I am planning on switching them out with 90mm coilovers.

701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #89
Quarry Creeper

My latest project..........
Mud Racer.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Thought I would throw in a little update since this thread has been a little quiete. Nothing new, just some updates to the hi-lux. After seeing how well Chad's 3Racing winch worked in Bismark I new I had to get one. When I had Jim do the bumpers and sliders for my truck I asked him to leave a little room on the front bumper for a winch down the road. I don't know if Jim is that good or just got lucky but the space he left was PERFECT.

I also added some of the Pro-line scale stuff that my friend Dave hooked me up with.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Lucky. If I'd of had the winch during fab, the stinger bar would about 1/8" taller and the mount plate stick out about another 1/8". It is pretty damn close though. It's looks awsome as it is.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Default My SCX

Just to prove it's real, my SCX. I haven't bother posting much because there's nothing special yet. Still planning but it is a runner

Still working on alternative bodies for it, most the JK hardbody

Old 03-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

A WINCH ??? Where the hell is mine ?

Looks good on there Tony
Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #94
Pebble Pounder

Xtra cab jk? Looks pretty sweet. Let me know if you decide to scrap that body and interior i got a project that could use some parts from it.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #95
Pebble Pounder

Here i will post mine up here too. The replacement to the 350.

venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom-crawler View Post
Xtra cab jk? Looks pretty sweet. Let me know if you decide to scrap that body and interior i got a project that could use some parts from it.
I was kinda thinking extra cab Brute or JT. Or even cutting off the extra cab portion and not doin the extra cab part. The more I mock it up, the more I wonder if I want to do a hard body. Visions of tubed Bronco's keep popping into my head. It's gonna be getting warmer and that means brazing season. If a NIP bronco body falls in my lap, you'll get first dibs on the JK body and parts.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Lucky. If I'd of had the winch during fab, the stinger bar would about 1/8" taller and the mount plate stick out about another 1/8". It is pretty damn close though. It's looks awsome as it is.
The height of the stinger is fine. But you are exactly right on the mount plate. 1/8th bigger on the mount plate would have been perfect. But as it is it is really darn close to perfect.

Thanks again for such nice work!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

With the recent install of the 3racing winch, something was just a little off. After looking around I stumbled accros a thread talking about a sticker set for the winch. Well after looking into it a bit more, I decided to do it. I contacted the guy selling them to find out for 5 bucks you can get 2 sets of thes decals. So I figured what the heck. It took about seven days for them to arive as he is over sea somewhere but they arrived so I put them on right away. The only thing I don't know is how well they will stand up to water. They appear to be printed on label paper, so time will tell if they stand up or not.

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28645

BEFORE

AFTER

Last but not least I have to throw in a flex shot, the leaf spring are really starting to flex nice. In this picture I could go another half inch before the rear tire started to lift.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

So if I was to purchase a winch for say my CR-01 would you be willing to donate the other set of decals ?

Just a thought....

The decals really make the winch look 143.2605% better in my humble opinion.....
Old 03-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

Well I'm down a brushlesh Slash but I am up one little toy I've wanted for a decade. Of course it's a couple months late but better late than never. Got it all tweaked out and turning good today. Now I just need to do something about a snow proof body. Some real lights ...