Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: projects thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Thats a nice little Jeep. The only thing now is a couple switch/shift levers. I like it. Have you run it enough to see how those axles hold up yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcmonster View Post
Jim I have a old Bullhead body, maybe we can do some trading if it will work for you let me know....
Yea, don't get rid of it. Give me a week to finish up a couple other deals on my plate. Once I'm ready, I'll shoot ya PM about it and a Clod on my shelf.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

rick sent his new tuber home with me to take some pics of it and show it to you guys. i think this is the fastest that he has ever finished a project.
here the list of goodies
axial axles and trans
touring car shocks
mamba max esc
mamba 4600kv motor
3s 4600 lipo
traxxas four links
the chassis was made by rick its 3/16 solid rod
upper four link plates were aslo made by him also

Last edited by venom-crawler; 01-10-2009 at 09:48 PM.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:26 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Some interesting lines on it. Oddly enough, I like it. Reminds me of a SCORE truck with out the fiberglass body.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

i started to build this thing on my quest to build a 1.9 rig well it ended up being a 2.2 with just a flat bed then i tried to tackle the exo this was my second attempt. well i sold it as a roller to rick and now just recently decide i wanted to try it agian. im undecided wether or not i want to keep it an exo of just a tubed back half. so let me know finish the exo or back half. my plan is to get another hilux cab this one got a little to trashy.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #65

you should get that styrene diamond plate and make the back look like a true flatbed, maybe make those short wooden fence's around the box
dbkoch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Um knowing the history of this project it will be for sale by the end of the week lol.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

well its tuesday and i still have it. i decide to get rid of the exo and stick with a truggy. ive been doing some updating on the cab till i can get the rest of the tube work done. if i can make the drivers door like i did the passenger door it will be ok if not it will prolly be sold.lol

Old 01-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

I haven't been working on crawlers just yet, but I am still collecting parts for my 8x8 and the new comp rig. Here's what I have been working on. Clod, modified TXT and bone stock TXT. The Suburban is almost half E-Maxx.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
I haven't been working on crawlers just yet, but I am still collecting parts for my 8x8 and the new comp rig. Here's what I have been working on. Clod, modified TXT and bone stock TXT. The Suburban is almost half E-Maxx.

Those are SWEET. I have been looking at clods since I saw Audreys MONSTER Truck Basher. Did you do a build thread for your TXT?

http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153731
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
Those are SWEET. I have been looking at clods since I saw Audreys MONSTER Truck Basher. Did you do a build thread for your TXT?

http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153731

No thread. I didn't do much to it. I traded for it with an E-Maxx trans already in it. I redid new mounts to relocate the trans further back to fit the stock battery tray up front. Trimmed up the stock Maxx motor plate with the stock dual E-Maxx Titans to fit between the stock chassis plates. Bolted up some Maxx drive shafts, threw in an EVX2 ESC connected to 6 cell stick backs and that was it. The axles on this TXT were already locked. The only hard parts were the brackets and for me, the 90 degree steel angle wasn't hard.

Oh yea, thank god for the slipper clutch. Full throttle tests with the slipper too tight on carpet, instant back flip. It runs at stock E-Maxx speeds, and it's locked in low gear for now. I may have to throw Revo shocks and springs on it.

I can count the scratches on both TXT's combined on one hand. They are clean and fresh. The stock one is about as close to mint box stock as you can get with out buying one. It's too nice, like shelf queen nice.

I was gonna get rid of the Clod but I was kinda waiting to see how the TXT worked in the snow. Sinks like a rock but throws a really cool roost from all four wheels. I'm still mulling it over, I want a snow basher and the TXT's are too heavy. The suburban one weighs 15 lbs. I would kill for a fresh electric Blizzard.

Last edited by Mriswith; 01-26-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
No thread. I didn't do much to it. I traded for it with an E-Maxx trans already in it. I redid new mounts to relocate the trans further back to fit the stock battery tray up front. Trimmed up the stock Maxx motor plate with the stock dual E-Maxx Titans to fit between the stock chassis plates. Bolted up some Maxx drive shafts, threw in an EVX2 ESC connected to 6 cell stick backs and that was it. The axles on this TXT were already locked. The only hard parts were the brackets and for me, the 90 degree steel angle wasn't hard.

Oh yea, thank god for the slipper clutch. Full throttle tests with the slipper too tight on carpet, instant back flip. It runs at stock E-Maxx speeds, and it's locked in low gear for now. I may have to throw Revo shocks and springs on it.

I can count the scratches on both TXT's combined on one hand. They are clean and fresh. The stock one is about as close to mint box stock as you can get with out buying one. It's too nice, like shelf queen nice.

I was gonna get rid of the Clod but I was kinda waiting to see how the TXT worked in the snow. Sinks like a rock but throws a really cool roost from all four wheels. I'm still mulling it over, I want a snow basher and the TXT's are too heavy. The suburban one weighs 15 lbs. I would kill for a fresh electric Blizzard.
If you decide to get rid of the clod let me know

I would keep the TXT on the shelf, you got two I'd like to keep the CR-01 nice and fresh but I know I'll end up scratching the shit out of it.

you talking about a Kyosho Blizzard? I have wanted one for years but always kept it on the back of the list. TattooKenny just had one for sale but it was a package deal with 5 different RCs for two grand.

The Revo shocks sound like a good idea for you TXT. We should snow bash, I have a stock E-Revo with only one set of batteries that last about 20 minutes

Finally finished the CR-01

Last edited by 701 Technique; 01-27-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Nice job on the CR-(7)01 Jay, I'll try and get some pics up of my blue thunder ebr clod tonight.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder7845 View Post
Nice job on the CR-(7)01 Jay, I'll try and get some pics up of my blue thunder ebr clod tonight.
Thanks

your clod sounds cool
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

nice rig there jay didnt that have a scout body on it before? and is that dinky stuff i see? i know of a couple of other guys with some new projects im suprised they dont have them up on here yet.
took a couple of shots of my new mini body not sure what to think of it yet it definetaly isnt as low as i like but well see how it goes.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Yeah it was a scout, but I had a FJ body painted by Mikes custom paint. The roofrack is by dinky. The tuber bumper and rock rails were actually made by kieseng79 in Malaysia, I ordered them in September and they accidentally got shipped by sea and not air, took almost 4 months before they arrived at my door. I had almost given up on them

The buld thread is right here
http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135116

Your Losi looks good, I have yet to drive one of those little buggers. Hopefully soon I can convince someone to let me wheel one
Old 01-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

come to the comp on the 14 of feb thats the next comp in bis. you can run mine i dont care.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Figured i would post up some pics of a couple things I have been working on.

Finished the wreckluse. Well its never finished but....

New body on the 2.2 Comp rig

Cut some hammers up for the 1.9 and mounted them on Vanqiush LH wheels

The newest addition scx10. Dont like the body but it works for now.

jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

My Monster truck project still trying to decide on some motors.

My newest new truck.

And my super project. RC4WD Rock Bull Pro Kit.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Got me feeling a little jealous. I just got rid of my MRC and I've been wanting the SCX-10. I didn't realize it was out yet.

I'm not too jealous though. The MRC is geting me a fresh set of Bully axles and I just ordered the SCX. I'm finally gonna join the 1.9 and MOA mafias.

Still liking the Wreckluse, especially the trunk
Old 01-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #80

Do i need to upload my pics on another site and post a url under the insert image option before i can get pics uploaded here, cause i was going to post my stampede with skis and rear duallys.

Also wonderin' how the trail truck is going marc, I looked up those axles and they don't seem that hard to make so if you can't come up with something don't worry about it too much, i can probably figure something out.

You should post more pics of your mini chad, what did you use for a full size servo plate in the front?
dbkoch04 is offline   Reply With Quote