Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: projects thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #101
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Well I'm down a brushlesh Slash but I am up one little toy I've wanted for a decade. Of course it's a couple months late but better late than never. Got it all tweaked out and turning good today. Now I just need to do something about a snow proof body. Some real lights ...

That's awesome but I think you are a few months late

I also have wanted a blizzard sine I first got into RC. I'd like to check yours out, I've never even seen one in person.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

It's surprising simple. The drivetrain is really just a motor/spur right into an open diff with nitro style brakes on either side for turning. I was surprised at how simple it is. The road wheels have maybe 1/8" travel. I've got stock Tamiya silver can motor in it. I had it out on the snow Friday and Saturday and I don't need much more speed out of it. Maybe go up once to a 7 but thats about it. I just have to remember that it is still an open diff when I climb it. Once a track slips it has a habit of trying to turn instantly.

Just for some idea of size, the tracks are 3 1/2 inches wide and a standard 6cell pack lays across the front of the cockpit
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

pics of a summit bumper mounted on my 350

jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #104
Quarry Creeper

That is so funny you did that. When Dave and I came back from Omaha we stopped at the HobbyTown in Souix Fall and he bought a summit bumper to put on his highlift.

I must say it looks sweet on there.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Looks good on there Chad...

As Tony said I too bought a Summit bumper but I wasn't really thrilled with how it looked, plus I wanted to keep my original push bumper. I re-worked the mounting points and it turned out pretty decent.
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

I like the Summit bumper with those F350 bodies. The lower part could be trimmed and look a little better but it still looks good as is.

While everyone was distracted with whole river flooding thing, I figured out that I didn't want to do the whole MOA axle things. Shipped the BUlly's out and picked up what may be my new comp rig. Got the new project in today, slapped in some electronics and did a quick little test run on my basement rocks. It's not a real test but it gives me a rough idea of where I'm starting.

Wheels were already weighted and the rear locked out. I swapped in some RC4WD Rocklin's I want to try out. Venom's Creeper has got a better CG with the stick pack than my stock config Axial with axle packs. The axles are about 3/16" wider hex to hex than Axials it turns better then my comp Axial's with it's high clearance knuckles and CVDs. So far I'm impressed. The stock Venom Ridge Line rubber will most likely end up on Axial comp rig as it gets converted into a 2.2 trail rig, most likely a Bronco with some special tube work (I know, a shocker right?). Its warming up and I've been chomping at the bit to fire up the torch. Creeper may get a real comp tube chassis too. The local autoparts stores are getting rid of my usual brakeline and I managed to pick up like 50 feet for $7.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #107
Pebble Pounder

Sweet rig jim i was looking at one of those a while back. Hows the locking diff work? Nice score on the brakeline, the place i use to get mine from went to galvanized so now i have to wire wheel everything it sucks.

You guys bringing the 1.9s on the 11th i was thinkin we should do some trailrunnin. it might have to be indoors do to all the snow?
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

I've only been run it for a few minutes but the rear comes unlocked. The Venom dig linkage will hold it in place or you put a spacer/washer in the diff ring. The fork just slides back and forth like a power switch and the set screws got to be really tight to hold or it will come unlocked. It seems like it works really smooth but only time will tell how durable it is. I haven't srtipped it all they way down yet.

I like the style of the wheels but they don't use a normal channel like most beadlocks. Both the wheel and rings have groove that matches up the stock Ridge Line rubber. The Rocklins went on pretty easy but they have a thin narrow bead to them that helps.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Default A truck for my lil' sister

So I tore my comp truck apart after the May comp and built a scaler/basher for my sister. I used an SCX10 chassis my TLT axles and the Axial trans from my comp truck. I bought a axle truss from grob23 and put it on the rear-end. It is running a 55t motor with 20/87 gearing. Bought an XL5 esc from Chad. It is set-up with drooped shocks and 1.9 Flat Irons. Tony was nice enough to donate a B17 body he has had sitting around for a long time. I painted the inside copper, shot the outside silver and then Krylon Fusion flat black.... Here are some pics of the body.....

Old 05-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Tell your sister I want that body back. J/K We have to get her out so we can help here put some scratches in that paint. Looks good buddy!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Body is looking great Dave
Old 06-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
My tube chassis would be more 'Poison Spider' than this Jeep but it would have the same wheel offset and stance.

I have wheeled with those guys. They are kinda crazy, but some good people. They are doing a run on June 6th if any of you are into the 1:1's too. I am off to another park that weekend though.
Zuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #113

Here is mine. Got it up and running. kinda basic yet but will build on it.

Its nice to have a dirt pile in the yard right now. I also have a sand pile from various projects around the farm

Zuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Default My LCC...

Finally got around to painting my Losi Comp Crawler. I am really liking this truck. Only thing I have added was 3.5ozs to each front wheel. Here are some pics....

Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Well as most of you know me and my Losi didn't exactly get along. So out goes the Losi (thanks Andy) and in with the BERG. Let me tell ya this thing just fell together for me. Only 1 little problem with drilling the front knuckles.

KK Zero 4.0
Berg Axles
DNA Berg offset Snipers
Mamba Max/CC BEC
Punk R/C Dig Switch
2 45t motors
JR 9100t servo
Spektrum Reciever
Tires TBD

Last edited by tqcookie; 06-24-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #116
RCC Addict

That is one very sexy Berg there Tony
Old 06-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

You guys gettin you TTC trucks ready? lol

thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #118

nice ttc trucks sam to bad they will never get used in a comp seeing as you can never seem to make it to one
kcsw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsw08 View Post
nice ttc trucks sam to bad they will never get used in a comp seeing as you can never seem to make it to one
First off let me start by saying this . Sides if I was there kicking your a$$ all the time you wouldn't want to do this any more. They are being used tho.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

I got a new house and to celebrate my new found poorness, it's time to start a new project. I've got a 20 x 27 sand box in the back yard thats dying to become a crawler course ... uh, I mean rock garden. The goal is to be able to host the 2010 Grand Forks comp in my back yard and still have a wife.

I plan on throwing in a small water feature, lots of rocks and concrete for surfaces and what ever else comes to mind. So in other words I don't have anything close to an actual pan yet. Another prject where I just wing it. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.