Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RC4wd's ROCKER DIG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Let us know. If it works the same at half the price I will pick up at least one!
Only thing I dont like about it is the leads that come on it!
prophetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #22
RCC Addict

x2 prophetz! I prefer to solder striaght onto it like the punk. But for the money saved (if its as good), I guess thats not a big deal.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

im about to order .. well thinking of it.. other than the punkrc dig.. more review pls
JonehRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I've just ordered these to start to stock and also putting one in my Dads new 2.2 rig.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

i'll gladly post a review if rc4wd ever ships mine
landtortise89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by landtortise89 View Post
Yeah, I'm waiting on a light weight rear from RC4WD. One thing that crawling has taught me is patience! I was so used to the bigger online hobby shops, getting my items in a few days at the most. With crawling its not just the rig that is slow!
prophetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
I've just ordered these to start to stock and also putting one in my Dads new 2.2 rig.
wow.. even you ordered one.
cant wait for the review... the waiting killing me
JonehRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:23 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
They'll get around to it eventually. They held mine for two weeks before shipping.

Supposed to get mine on the 30th so expect a review early next month.
PsychoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

i contacted them yesterday and they said it should ship by the weekend
Old 03-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I went to the RC4WD site and ordered one of these,,,it didnt say anything about being out of stock but I received an email noification from them saying its back ordered...I replied to their email to see if there is any info on availability or a ship date.....
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #31
RCC Addict

That sucks dude. I think Landtortise's should be here tomorrow or thursday, so I guess you were just a smidge late.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Finally got mine from the big brown truck. I don't have a punk brand so no comparison; just a basic review.

This thing is awesome! It holds like crazy in the dirt (it was dark so no rock test till tomorrow) but as expected on very high traction surfaces (carpet) you can barley tell it's on. With enough wheel speed (35t on 3s, 12t pinions) it'll still dig but just enough to pi$$ you off. I will get this thing out on the rocks and post up a better review tomorrow.

Any specific questions you might have, let me know.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

any updates physco? I would love to get mine i think rc4wd's shipping sucks I ordered it on the 22nd didn't ship till the 26th and it's only coming from california to idaho and it still hasn't showed. I am pissy about it today.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:52 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
any updates physco? I would love to get mine i think rc4wd's shipping sucks I ordered it on the 22nd didn't ship till the 26th and it's only coming from california to idaho and it still hasn't showed. I am pissy about it today.
I know what you mean. Mine took 19 days to get to me with 3 day shipping. I love their products but the shipping fawking blows.

Anyway, this is one dang fine dig. So far it has worked every time with no problems. The only down side I've seen so far is the rear will roll back slightly when re-engaging 4wd, but it only does it if you are nearly vertical. As long as you keep just a bit of throttle to it no problems. I can't blame this roll back on the dig just yet b/c my 35t integys don't have much brake. I am almost 100% sure that good motors or higher turn motors would make this THE dig to use.

As I said before, I've never used a punk brand dig, but it would have to be gold plated and wash my dishes to get me to switch from this one.

Gonna run the sh1t outta this thing today. If any of the above changes I'll be sure to post it up here.

EDIT: Since the online manual for this thing says "install it, use it" let me add this. The dig has two red LED's, whichever one is lit is the axle that gets power, if both are lit you have 4wd. Pretty simple set-up. Install would have gone much faster had they said this in the "manual". Just make sure your end points are above 90% or it'll "hunt".(pop in and out of 4wd, front, rear dig at random)

Any questions just ask.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

glad to hear that it's working good. I hate wasting money. But for the price it was worth the risk. I hope mine shows tomorrow i was really hoping that it would show today. anyway keep us all updated
Old 03-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

I switched out the 35t integys for a couple no name 55t. The motors were what was causing 90% of the roll back. I've run 5 3s 1350 HH packs through it and it is working perfectly, no overheating, glitching or engaging/disengaging at odd intervals. Make no mistake about it; I drove the crap outta this thing. Disengage/engage at WOT and with wheels bound up. All in all I'm very happy with this dig, I'll be picking up another for a spare but I don't think I'll need it. And the new bullys held up to the abuse too.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

are your motors just getting wore out i ask cause i am going to be running 35t integy's at least until i can get some nice handwounds. glad to here you are happy with it.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

WOOT!!!!!! just got the usps email saying mine was delivered
Old 03-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
are your motors just getting wore out i ask cause i am going to be running 35t integy's at least until i can get some nice handwounds. glad to here you are happy with it.

No, they are brand new. I'm thinking I could get a better drag by changing the brush springs but for now I'm just gonna use them the way they are. After putting a half dozen more packs through them today I've kinda gotten used to it and can use it to my advantage at times.

One thing about these motors though is they seem to dump my 3s 25c 1350mAH HH packs really quickly (about 10-12 minutes of hard run time). They also heat my batteries a lot more than the 55t motors. Just something for you to watch for.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I got a reply back from Rob at RC4WD,,he says a week or two back in stock,,,,waiting.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote