Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RC4wd's ROCKER DIG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Guys, I will be having a meeting with our R&D team next week, once they come back from a show they went. Hopefully we can improve this product soon.
rc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4wd View Post
Guys, I will be having a meeting with our R&D team next week, once they come back from a show they went. Hopefully we can improve this product soon.
Now THAT'S listening to the people!!! Thank you so much, I like being heard and being able to give my input to make things better. I'm done pissing and moaning about this thing, lets get it worked out as a viable option to LOCK UP the wheels when engaged.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:21 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
If you're talking about the holding power of the dig has gotten weaker, then that will be due to some other component in the system. When the unit is in dig, it goes to open, with no resistance in the circuit.

Try tightening up the gear mesh at the pinions. This will help.
That's what's weird; it seemed to hold the rear wheels (not as solid as shorting, but way better than now) when I first installed it, but now it simply freewheels. My pinions were and are a bit tighter than I normally like to run them, so I'm afraid to go any tighter on them. My servo switch rig locks up super solid, so I don't see how anything else can be at fault.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:23 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
Now THAT'S listening to the people!!! Thank you so much, I like being heard and being able to give my input to make things better. I'm done pissing and moaning about this thing, lets get it worked out as a viable option to LOCK UP the wheels when engaged.
X 2! Anxious to see how this product evolves.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #105
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
That's what's weird; it seemed to hold the rear wheels (not as solid as shorting, but way better than now) when I first installed it, but now it simply freewheels. My pinions were and are a bit tighter than I normally like to run them, so I'm afraid to go any tighter on them.
Same here. It has worked OK for one comp and a few hours practice, but at our last comp it left me high and dry. It doesn't even slow the wheels down now. Pinion mesh is way too tight but that doesn't seem to be helping much. I think I'm going with switches, at least until rc4wd gets this thing straightened out.
PsychoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

Hopefully those of us who took the plunge and bought the product and have provided feedback will be taken care of with any updates to the product
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #107
Official Cook of the ECC

These are the type of things that scare me away from some of RC4WD's products. Takes too many versions to get it right.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka child View Post
Hopefully those of us who took the plunge and bought the product and have provided feedback will be taken care of with any updates to the product
That to me is the KEY thing they should do. I don't think it's asking to much to replace what doesn't work. Just like Toyota and anyone elses' recalls, this piece should be put on stop till the new "working" version is out, and thoughs with proof of purchase should be given an exchange. It's just the right thing to do.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
These are the type of things that scare me away from some of RC4WD's products. Takes too many versions to get it right.
Just the opposite for me; I think the fact that there are several versions of some products proves that they listen to feedback and constantly improve their stuff to make sure it's the best it can be. Most companies release their products and that's the end of it, whether the products are good or not. It does seem like this one was released a bit prematurely, though..........

Last edited by papabash; 06-03-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

Don't mind seeing product advancement, in fact that's a very good thing to see. What I object to is playing full price, dealing with the issues and supplying product feedback to then see a new improved version come out which if I want enjoy the benefits of I need to shell more money which is dumb. Especially since it costs me at least $20 in international postage on top of the item cost.

If you're testing an iffy product you should get something back from the manufacture. None of this stuff is cheap after all
Old 06-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #111
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
Just the opposite for me; I think the fact that there are several versions of some products proves that they listen to feedback and constantly improve their stuff to make sure it's the best it can be. Most companies release their products and that's the end of it, whether the products are good or not. It does seem like this one was released a bit prematurely, though..........
I agree but.................................testers and R&D should handle that though, not the end consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka child View Post
Don't mind seeing product advancement, in fact that's a very good thing to see. What I object to is playing full price, dealing with the issues and supplying product feedback to then see a new improved version come out which if I want enjoy the benefits of I need to shell more money which is dumb. Especially since it costs me at least $20 in international postage on top of the item cost.

If you're testing an iffy product you should get something back from the manufacture. None of this stuff is cheap after all
This is the part that worries me more I guess.

Don't want anybody to get the wrong impression, I love what RC4WD does for us.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #112
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
I agree i have been having issues with mine as well I hope they get something worked out and let us recall exchange all the ones that were bought with viable proof of purchase that is shouldn't be hard since most like mine were bought from rc4wd and they keep tabs on all that stuff.

just my $.02 worth
landtortise89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by landtortise89 View Post
I agree i have been having issues with mine as well I hope they get something worked out and let us recall exchange all the ones that were bought with viable proof of purchase that is shouldn't be hard since most like mine were bought from rc4wd and they keep tabs on all that stuff.

just my $.02 worth

That would be nice because I sure do have one that is just collecting dust on my work table.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Mine is collecting dust also , without any changes the punk does a much better job. Now on smooth tile toe rocker does just fine , just don't give it any traction to spin.
Boids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #115
Rock Crawler

got my rig up and running with the new links and rear wheels and gave the unit another go. even with the gears meshed tight (too tight for me) the unit is not a patch on the punk unit, the wheels just free wheels more than lock meaning lines I could make before are just a dream now will be ordering up another Punk unit for sure.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by landtortise89 View Post

just my $.02 worth
Why is everybody hung up on the proof of purchase thing? Obviously if you send one in for replacement, you had to buy it somewhere. I agree it is the right thing for them to do to offer a trade-in deal, since they are obviously offering a faulty product, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

It's been my experience with RC4wd that they've done right by me on a couple issues. I might have had to spend a couple dollars and maybe wait a little while, but I've been satisfied with the outcome each time.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #118
RCC Addict

Seems that they must've put a resistor in there to short out the poles of the motors. When you dig it, it will roll a little, which forms some current and blows the resistor. It should be a short, NOT a resistance.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #119
RCC Addict

How has it been holding up for you guys other than not locking up? I have a Losi so i am not really concered with it locking, the axles do that for me! And is it really smaller than the Punkdig? Could i get a side-x-side comparison pic?
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #120

Buy the Punk.
Jeff Mills is offline   Reply With Quote