Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RC4wd's ROCKER DIG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoCrawler View Post
No, they are brand new. I'm thinking I could get a better drag by changing the brush springs but for now I'm just gonna use them the way they are. After putting a half dozen more packs through them today I've kinda gotten used to it and can use it to my advantage at times.

One thing about these motors though is they seem to dump my 3s 25c 1350mAH HH packs really quickly (about 10-12 minutes of hard run time). They also heat my batteries a lot more than the 55t motors. Just something for you to watch for.
thanks for the heads up I will be running 1500 mah mystery packs. so i certainly hope i get more than 15 mins per pack cause i only have 2 and that'll suck haveing to wait 2-3 hours between runs
landtortise89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Anyone know if this unit works with the dx3.0 2 position switch. Just running 4w and front dig. Or will this unit not function with a 2 pos switch? Thx.

Last edited by Superfubario; 04-14-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Superfubario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfubario View Post
Anyone know if this unit works with the dx3.0 2 position switch. Just running 4w and front dig. Or will this unit not function with a 2 pos switch? Thx.
I am not familiar with that radio but after reading your post I tried it with my 3PM. Using the mixing I get 3 positions, but the DIG can work in 2 positions. When you turn your radio on make shure it's in the position you want for 4wd then plug in the truck; the DIG will set 4wd to whatever position the radio is in. To only do 4wd or front DIG you may have to switch the leads from the DIG between front and rear motors. I've been up all night, I hope all that makes sense.
PsychoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

it seems to work pretty well running it off my modded tq3 it's kinda glitchy but i think thats my radio should be picking up my new dx3e tomorrow morning so I will post again with the updated results.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I am not familiar with that radio but after reading your post I tried it with my 3PM. Using the mixing I get 3 positions, but the DIG can work in 2 positions. When you turn your radio on make shure it's in the position you want for 4wd then plug in the truck; the DIG will set 4wd to whatever position the radio is in. To only do 4wd or front DIG you may have to switch the leads from the DIG between front and rear motors. I've been up all night, I hope all that makes sense.

Thanks Psycho.

On the last part do you mean to get it to work correctly I may have to switch the motor leads ONCE so I have 4wd and front working correctly before I get her all installed? You had me up until that part :P

My berg runs a digamajig on a 2pos switch with no problems on a DX3S but in the manual for the rocker it states "must have 3 pos switch". All i had to do was get my endpoints right and it goes from 4wd to front properly im just hopping the same can be said for the rocker.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thanks Psycho.

On the last part do you mean to get it to work correctly I may have to switch the motor leads ONCE so I have 4wd and front working correctly before I get her all installed? You had me up until that part :P

^^^^^^Yep, that's exactly what I was trying to get at.

My berg runs a digamajig on a 2pos switch with no problems on a DX3S but in the manual for the rocker it states "must have 3 pos switch". All i had to do was get my endpoints right and it goes from 4wd to front properly im just hopping the same can be said for the rocker.
No, you don't "NEED" a 3pos switch. I'm not sure why companies state that we do; maybe we are smarter than their engineers.
As long as you get your endpoints cranked up far enough I think it'll work just fine.
PsychoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

Quote:
No, you don't "NEED" a 3pos switch. I'm not sure why companies state that we do; maybe we are smarter than their engineers.
As long as you get your endpoints cranked up far enough I think it'll work just fine.
Cool thx
Old 04-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

does this dig switch work without an ESC or you still need one.........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

yes u need a esc this is just a dig unit
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:29 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

i took the plunge and ordered one on Friday nothing on the site says out of stock and the order processing email that came through says the unit should be with me in 8-10 days. Fingers crossed........... Will compare to the Punk unit and post up some feedback
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Spoke to the guys at RC4WD today and they confirm the units are in stock and will be dispatched inline with normal timelines e.g. 5 days order processing time. Hope to see the red truck with the delivery onboard in the next couple of weeks.
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
I use the Rocker DIG and a DX3,,works like a charm.
Wild trial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

I ordered one yesterday and I got my shipping confirmation today
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

got mine in and installed i really like it works really really good. like stated before it won't completly lock the rear but i am also running 35turn motors.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:20 AM   #55

I Blew up my first punk dig by running to many volts to it. 4.8V - 6.5V max
i had 6.8v running to it. And it went up in smoke. I guess its just really fragile. I bought other one before a comp so i could run, now i wish i would have seen the rc4wd version. its way cheaper and smaller!!!!
Yugiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Just installed one today. I agree with landtortise89 about it not locking up totally, but just took it out to my test area and I am very happy with it. I do think the punk unit it replaced locked up harder, but for the price difference and ease of installation, my $ is with RC4WD.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Maybe it's just me, but I kinda like the idea of it not locking up totally. I watched a Berg this past weekend that could dig up hill, were as my Bully would LOCK'M up I think it might be beneficial in the long run.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

You may be right, I can see times where it would be beneficial. We have a comp this Saturday; I am anxious to try it there and see how it performs when it counts!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Just ordered one up and a new radio...finally gonna have rear burn!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugiro View Post
I Blew up my first punk dig by running to many volts to it. 4.8V - 6.5V max
i had 6.8v running to it. And it went up in smoke. I guess its just really fragile. I bought other one before a comp so i could run, now i wish i would have seen the rc4wd version. its way cheaper and smaller!!!!
Yeah, most guys run 6.0v to the RX, so that keeps you in the legal range. Anything past 6,5v and you will be giving the electronics too much voltage. If you want to send it the burned up one, I will gladly replace it free.

Also, if you want to run "locked" or "unlocked", the punk dig unit can run each motor either way. Each motor has a small solder tab that you can de solder and it will make that motor turn off but not lock.

The RC4WD unit, works if you need to stay on the cheap. I'm not really into being over critical of another product, because you guys will ultimately figure out the advantages to either.

BTW, orders got delayed last month, but now all orders are shipping within 0-2 days right now and they are back in stock. They are also available at CKRC.
PunkRC is offline   Reply With Quote