Notices

Thread: Travis C.'s Bully 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2016, 08:15 AM   #101
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Travis C.'s Bully 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
They are also thinner and have the "wrap around area" that covers the endbell.
Got drink two today at my gas station . By the way I just start to receive loads of my parts for my build by next week I'm going to have everything in hands

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
skyraiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyraiD View Post
Got drink two today at my gas station . By the way I just start to receive loads of my parts for my build by next week I'm going to have everything in hands

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Just don't drink too many.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:34 AM   #103
Rock Stacker

Hey Travi's nice build man, love it. I just got my Viper II done I mean almost done . I'm having a little problem on flexibility on my rig. when i star to crawler with front wheels my rear wheel's always lift up and if I'm not care enough i turn belly up like a desperate turtle and flip with no rescue what so ever. i think my issue is my shocks that won't don't have enough flexibility.

here is what I'm talk about the rear never stay in the floor to get the stability i need.

shocks? i think my links is in the right place.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:33 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Toss those shocks in the trash pick up traxxas big bores or scx10 style shocks..
Out of curiosity why did you go with those shocks?
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #105
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Toss those shocks in the trash pick up traxxas big bores or scx10 style shocks..
Out of curiosity why did you go with those shocks?
I keep asking myself too. I had ordered it for a different build and they sent me a extra set so it was free for me.

I need to ran to a local hobby shop today to get new shocks set.

Last edited by skyraiD; 07-03-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Yup, what tapped-out said, new shocks.

Made it out to the Hatchery last night for a few packs. On the fourth pack I noticed my 7950 was actin a fool, sometimes I had steering, sometimes I didn't, kind of like it was possessed. I recently picked up a Blue Bird 50kg servo, if I can't diagnose the issue with the 7950, I'll toss the Blue Bird in even though it was meant for the 2.2 scaler.
I also need to figure out a way to modify my MT4 Tx, not a fan of the location of the lever for dig/burn. I guess I got so used to the thumb switch (3 pos) on my DX3R back in the day, but that was with the Punk dig unit. Still trying to get used to this motor mixing with the lever. Anyway, here's a couple pics, river was flowing harder than I've seen in a long time!

Also thinking about going back to the Ruptures, seems to me that pin tires like to be driven very slow.

Last edited by travis c.; 07-03-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyraiD View Post
I keep asking myself too. I had ordered it for a different build and they sent me a extra set so it was free for me.

I need to ran to a local hobby shop today to get new shocks set.

Or eBay scx10 shocks 12.00 + 25.00 @ rcbros (springs & sprig cups) and you're set... if you have 86.00 just got to rcbros and order scx10 pre- built shocks... done deal...
IMO most local hobby stores suck for crawlers.

Last edited by tapped-out; 07-03-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #108
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Or eBay scx10 shocks 12.00 + 25.00 @ rcbros (springs & sprig cups) and you're set... if you have 86.00 just got to rcbros and order scx10 pre- built shocks... done deal...
IMO most local hobby stores suck for crawlers.
here in MD local hobby store is not good I only have hobby works close to me they only carry on set of anything if you are lucky sometimes you find what you want. Most of the time they say " I can order it for you" why should i need them to order for me if i can order online I go there to get it right away. I don't waste my time on this store anymore.

besides that I have Racetrack. the owner charge you more 20% to 40% on top of anything you need but most of those parts are for buggy.

Hobby hangar this is a nice and well packaged store they have almost anything you need but i have to drive 48 Miles to get my parts. yeah man fell my pain.

Today i was lucky at Hobby works I found a set of Big bore Tmax shock so we are talk about $105.00 today. happy I got it with some scrap's of my parts i could build my mod caps. Thanks you guys to point me out on this.

@ Travis C.'s, please don't think I'm highjack your thread. I have followed all you build to help to get mine done. i enjoy more your thread than my build thread. if you allow me to show some pics please and yeah i couln't got the change to drink those 5hrs energy to get my motor skid lol yet.

I couln't find the mini T8 springs so i took down the internal spring from those crap integy and applied some heat around the 7mm rem mag shell to change it shapes to fit on those Big Bore i'ts not pretty but hey it did work.

I did some cut on the spring retainer and sanded to make is a bit smaller till i get my goods from rcbros Thank you @tapped-out.

I found the culprit from my rear axle while crawler the front axle. I need a bigger shocks on rear.

Do you think because I added the long end rods it can interfere on drive ability

Also need to setup my DIG cuz i don't have it . my setup is m2 dig + airtronics mt4 paired with rx-461 need help on this too.

Travis C is my hero

Last edited by skyraiD; 07-04-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:19 AM   #109
I wanna be Dave

I'm not familiar with that chassis but IMO I would shorten the rod ends that you installed on the caps, I would also recommend going with a 3mm rod end as opposed to the 4mm Traxxas ends you're using. The rig looks to me like it sits too high.
Don't worry about jackin my thread, it's all good.

If you knew me, you would change your mind about the "hero" comment, but I appreciate it, thank you.

EDIT: Just noticed the length of your shocks, way too long, you want the 90mm (3.5") Big Bores or like tapped-out said, the Axial SCX10 stock shocks. They do leak from the lower seal but if you remove the plastic spacer and replace it with an O-ring so there's a total of three O-rings they won't leak. That was a very helpful tip from my buddy Roksloski.

Last edited by travis c.; 07-04-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

You'll like that servo. I'm a power hungry idiot and I'm only running mine at 7.4 volts and I'm satisfied with its performance. I think it's on par with my 7980 at this voltage.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
You'll like that servo. I'm a power hungry idiot and I'm only running mine at 7.4 volts and I'm satisfied with its performance. I think it's on par with my 7980 at this voltage.
For the price you really can't go wrong either.

I'm an idiot, my 7950 is perfectly fine, the plug going into the Rx had pulled out a bit and wasn't getting a good connection.

Last edited by travis c.; 07-04-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #112
Rock Stacker

travis c. in order to lower my chassis i need to unbend the TI lower links a bit I can do it perfectly did you recommend it? right now is 4" 1/2 from floor to rear lower link end rod and 3" 3/4 front. I still have the extra four big bore tmx shocks without cap mod.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Why would you need to straighten links just lower the chassis move upper links up a hole or so.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Old 07-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #115
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Why would you need to straighten links just lower the chassis move upper links up a hole or so.

I'm going to change the end rod to those revo one those are shorter.

Last edited by skyraiD; 07-09-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

I Never used that esc YouTube it. I run holmes hobbies br- minis with 4pl radio
Old 07-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #117
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I Never used that esc YouTube it. I run holmes hobbies br- minis with 4pl radio
You guys was right about the height of my RiG. I changes only two end rod from the upper link and moved it a bit far along with the same shock's. guess what 3" from the floor also it did solved the flip issue whjile crawler the front wheel's I think i'm almost good to go on this RiG.

you know how to kill the wild plant's from your garden right, kill the roots and you good to go. this is what I'm going to do with this m2 dig going to toss it the garbage and get thos H'minis and I'm done. from last week I have two new radios. 4PLS and MT4 to solve my issue and guess what same crap

My wife was coming from NY last night and got me two 3S lipos Pulse 1350mAh 75c . just finished charging. i think is too much C for crawler .

Edited
LOL i placed a order on the H'Minis.

Last edited by skyraiD; 07-04-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Damn you Sloski!

Now I need to take a look at it.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #119
Rock Stacker

tapped-out and travis c. mu Hmini's will be here tomorrow I think. Now i have to make a choose on wich radio i should keep. I got my DX4S that i have been using it for about 2 years never had any issue with it only when i tryied to setup m2 Dig crap on it and I never could I imagine if i had those H'minis will be totally different story, but i Ihave two new radio that i got to make it work a Airtornics MT-4 and Futaba 4PLS.

user friendly

DX4S - is easy to use and the menu is very friendly
4PLS - the buttons are very weird when navigate most of the times I have to click two to three time to get me where i want not easy as DX4S
MT-4 - is very friendly when comes to menu navigation and the way you look at it. lot's of options and i like the grip on it feels like I'm holding my DX4S

I can return any of this 4PLS or MT-4 radio I need to keep one and i do love to keep the MT-4 over the futaba.

since you guys are the Guru here i need a serious input on this.

also i just found out today that my 12MM HEX that comes with my bully too is not compatible with my vanquish wheel hub . looks bellow in the pics i don't have any of those two lips on my 12mm hex how i let this happen. I was adding some washer to get my wheels centered right on my axle to get it straight.

also what is the SLW hub offset you guys are using Locked up told me to get the .350 and my tire is rubbering against my shocks and link I have to tone it down to get it fix bu i would love to have more turning wheel i was thinking in get the SLW 600 ot it will be too much or my axle will not be long enough going so i can thread my wheels ?

Thank you guys again.

Travis C we need a video from you crawling at the dam

Last edited by skyraiD; 07-05-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

IMO I'd run 4pls... I'm running a 4pl now for many yrs works perfectly for all my rigs.
You could use a file and remove the lip on the hex.
I run a 600 hub on my front wheels. I'll post a pic asap... (Berg v1 axles)

Last edited by tapped-out; 07-05-2016 at 04:16 PM.