Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: CEEJRC Bully 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2016, 02:06 PM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: CEEJRC Bully 2

Sweet! Perfect size rock to mess around on too! Maybe you can put some limiters on the shocks to decrease articulation. I have some scx shocks waiting and ready to go when my shafty parts come but currently running the big bores on the moa.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Xtacy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Yea I just want to try the scx shocks just so I know if it's better for my setup or not, and yea that rock is great for quick testing but it gets old real quick, I'm looking for some options on getting some rocks dumped in the back yard so I can have my own spot to practice because I really want to get into some comps and be competive!

Oh and I also just ordered some knuckle steering arm extenders from X3M Crawlers! I can't wait to run it with them! Super nice guy and very helpful! As soon as I get them in and install them I'll post a picture and let y'all know how they do!
CEEJRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEJRC View Post
Yea I just want to try the scx shocks just so I know if it's better for my setup or not, and yea that rock is great for quick testing but it gets old real quick, I'm looking for some options on getting some rocks dumped in the back yard so I can have my own spot to practice because I really want to get into some comps and be competive!

Oh and I also just ordered some knuckle steering arm extenders from X3M Crawlers! I can't wait to run it with them! Super nice guy and very helpful! As soon as I get them in and install them I'll post a picture and let y'all know how they do!

How do I get a set of the arms I can't find them on the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

I just got on their FB and messaged him and asked about them!
Old 10-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #85
Pebble Pounder

Little update, I put the scx shocks on and ran them at a local spot that has some tough break overs and steep climbs and it did very good on steep climbs and off camber angles, on break overs I got hung up a little more but not terrible, think I might add some longer rod ends just to see if that helps.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #86
Pebble Pounder

Doing a little upkeep while I wait on parts this week. Went back through the axles and cleaned them and put some more Cookie's CRAP Grease on the gears, if you need some grease that lasts and works great then order you some CRAP Grease from leadfingerrc.com
You can get it in a container like I have here or in a syringe, I like the little jars myself as they last longer for me and it doesn't take much of this Grease, it goes a long ways! I've been using it in 1/8th Offroad racing for a couple of years now and it's great stuff!

PS my X3M knuckle arm extensions should be at the house today!!! Look for a full write up on them tonight!!
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #87
Pebble Pounder

X3Mcrawl.com hooked me up with these awesome knuckle extensions and I also ordered a TI steering link to go with it!
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #88
Pebble Pounder

I just got through putting the X3M knuckle extensions on and I like these a lot! Very good design and quality and everything was bagged left and right so no one is confused about what side they go to. It comes with a couple of small shims that go under the bearing and on top of the stock knuckle to keep the knuckle from binding up when tightened down. When I installed mine and tightened them up I noticed they were a little tight steering so I took them back off and took out the two small shims and put one thicker shim in there (the shim was just a few thousandths thicker than the two that came with it) and tightened it all back down and it was smooth and easy to turn now! Once both sides are bolted and snugg it's very clean and sturdy looking! I ordered a ti link from vanquish at 150mm and it was a little short so I put a jato rod end on one end and left the revo rod end on the other and it was perfect. I reset my steering and end points and it is definitely ALOT stronger! And that was my main reason was to get more leverage for the servo, so we'll see how it does this weekend I'll test it out and try to get some pictures in action and maybe a video!
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2016, 11:14 AM   #89
Pebble Pounder

Big thanks to X3M Crawlers for the knuckle arm extensions! Great product and very nice guy, I couldn't get the website to pull up so I message them on their Facebook page and right away they messaged me back and got the parts on the way! Go check out their FB!
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Looking good! With the bottom knuckle weight halfway covering the hex and the hub not fully able to engage it, does it create any issues when driving?
Do you like the scx shocks over the big bores on your rig?

Old 10-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtacy33 View Post
Looking good! With the bottom knuckle weight halfway covering the hex and the hub not fully able to engage it, does it create any issues when driving?
Do you like the scx shocks over the big bores on your rig?

The slw hub clears the lower weight, so it's seated on the hex just like it would with or without the weights. If you look close you can see where I grinded the lower outer weight a little towards the wheel so that the wheel side of the hub would clear it just fine, and I've ran it about 5-6 times and I haven't had any issues, no rubbing or dragging on anything, it all clears!

And I like the scx shocks a lot, I lowered my ride height a little and it worked great on the rocks except for steep breakovers where I had to work it to get over some, the big bores had a little more travel and droop which helped on breakovers. The BB's are way way smoother but I like the options I have with the scx shocks, I'm going to keep running them for now and maybe put the BB's back on the front and try that setup later, but for now I'm happy with the scx's
Old 10-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Great and thanks for the tips. I have some scx shocks and was going to try them on the bully but decided to use them for a shafty I'm building. I'll prob give it a shot at some point though. I'll give it another go on the 3 weights like you did and just need to countersink the 3rd one. Look forward to seeing what you keep doing with this.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

Did you see in the pic where I grinded it a little? I used a 1/4" counter sink bit to be able to have the bolts mount flush but you have to be careful not to go too far, I use the third weight with 475 hubs and it clears good! I may be running a different style weight soon! ;)
Old 10-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Countersunk ! Will try that, I have 4 mounted and had to space the hub out with a bearing, love the weight, but not the spacer

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:29 PM   #95
Pebble Pounder

Well I put it to the test Saturday, I only got a couple of pictures no videos, I couldn't talk my wife into coming and videoing haha, maybe next time. But the extensions worked great I was trying to work my servo really hard and it just got warm, it never even got hot at all, really impressed! I had to legenthe the drag link from the servo and I'm using almost all my throw on the servo but it's turning lock to lock and it lifts the whole rig with ease. So now it's on to my next upgrade, I can't decide if I want to buy a different chassis and links or buy some better motors first?
Old 10-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #96
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEJRC View Post
Well I put it to the test Saturday, I only got a couple of pictures no videos, I couldn't talk my wife into coming and videoing haha, maybe next time. But the extensions worked great I was trying to work my servo really hard and it just got warm, it never even got hot at all, really impressed! I had to legenthe the drag link from the servo and I'm using almost all my throw on the servo but it's turning lock to lock and it lifts the whole rig with ease. So now it's on to my next upgrade, I can't decide if I want to buy a different chassis and links or buy some better motors first?
Motors

Learn the chassis and tuning changes
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #97
Pebble Pounder

There's soooo many options with motors it's crazy, I'm thinking about calling brood or Holmes and just telling them what I feel like i want and see what their suggestion is, I know i want a smooth starting motors and a strong bottom end power.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

I would go with a holmes puller. Thats what I plan on running. I think the flow has more torque but crawl is smoother. Plus there lighter then standard motors.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Holmes and Brood both make seriously quality motors.... Brood is by and large more expensive, however he will email back and forth with you, communicate, and is more apt to build something custom just for you (custom comes with a price tag).

I will say this, thinking you know what you want, and actually knowing comes with lots of experience and trying different things. Try a bunch of cheaper motors with all different aspects. Also as you skills improve and your driving style develops your needs change too.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:20 AM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Thanks! Yea I definitely don't know what I need motor wise, i know what I want out of the motor tho, my first xr10 I built I had tekin pro35t motors and for the money they were good motors and worked well but on my second xr build (wish I still had it) I got a set of matched Holmes motors that were 35t and I got them second hand from a member on here and I loved them they had a very smooth start and great torque, just a good all around motor that I got a lot of use out of. My thing is I don't want to waste money on cheaper motors that won't give me the things I'm looking for, I'd rather spend a little more and have a set of motors that are what I want and that I can use and rebuild and get a lot of use out of and last well. I hope that makes sense,