Notices

Thread: Evos bully 2 rtr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 02:32 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Evos bully 2 rtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Ill have to look at my empty rear case when I get home, I forgot the bearing orientation since I swapped over to our KR4 rear axle and that little bearing doesnt get used in it. I think that side is suppose to have the bigger normal bearings in it but dont quote me. The only time I saw the internals was when I was designing our rear axle. I still use an XR front.

Got any digital calipers that you can measure the diameter on those holes?
Nah I lost mine need a new pair. Might go grab a cheap pair at the parts store.
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2017, 12:49 AM   #122
Rock Stacker

Such big failure can't happen just like that... just look at that damage... wtf! The only reason can be some manufacturing defect, wrong/bad bearings, binding, some external part in the gearbox... etc. I think that your should be able to claim your warranty.
ssh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:24 AM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Definitely wrong bearing size. You would think it would have been noticeable, like some binding or something. You never opened up your axles to loctite and grease it?
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:15 AM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Definitely wrong bearing size. You would think it would have been noticeable, like some binding or something. You never opened up your axles to loctite and grease it?
Yes I did. It must've stayed on the shaft it rode on. Most of them did. The ones on locker still won't come off. Lol
Bearing was definitely wrong. But no binding or noise at all. My mad torque gear boxes are 100 times louder all the time. Lol. But luckily this happened last weekend and not this weekend. Another week and my warranty would've been up. They asked me for a parts list so I should be getting it all replaced.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:23 AM   #125
Wanna get? Gotta want.

RC4WD puts a warranty on those?

It would be cool if you could put in bigger bearings. I cant tell if there is room or not from those pics but since youre talking about a bushing on one anyway, you could do a bigger bearing on the one and then a bushing on the other and shave the bushing so they both fit.

A bearing with even just 1mm greater outer diameter makes a world of difference.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:16 AM   #126
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
RC4WD puts a warranty on those?

It would be cool if you could put in bigger bearings. I cant tell if there is room or not from those pics but since youre talking about a bushing on one anyway, you could do a bigger bearing on the one and then a bushing on the other and shave the bushing so they both fit.

A bearing with even just 1mm greater outer diameter makes a world of difference.
They have a warranty on their workmanship for only 30 days and since it seems this bearing is completely wrong I believe its their fault.I think it should be fine with the right size bearings. I can't seem to find any bushings that come in that size the only one I can find is an oil embedded bushing.but it's 5mm long instead of 3mm. And I'm worried they will wear fast. So I might just go with some good ceramic. Bearings or something. Not sure what I should do. I do not have access to the proper tools to mill it bigger for a larger bearing.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #127
Custom Carbon Fiber

Well if they dont handle the case for you theres always the option to upgrade the rear axle then use that case for the front.

We dont use the small bearing in our rear axle so it would just be the front you have to worry about improving.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #128
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Man, youre pushing that 30days. LOL

Robbob has a pretty good idea IMO. Lots of benefits to his rear axle.

Robbob, I have seen you mention it more than once. What are you doing to get away with not using the small bearing? Remember, I dont know the gear box well. LOL
Old 04-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #129
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:

Robbob, I have seen you mention it more than once. What are you doing to get away with not using the small bearing? Remember, I dont know the gear box well. LOL

I pulled the idler gear out that runs the locker. My best guess for their reason is trying to make two cases the same for production costs they had to put the idler in.

It doesnt change the gearing at all, just rotation and stretches the case out to clear a servo. Idler and that gear he blew are the same teeth, 14t if I remember right, so the pitch diameters are smaller then a normal bearing.

Pulling it dropped the bearing out and let me roll the gears and motor up on the axle tubes.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #130
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Yeah the kr4 looks great once I can afford it lol but I actually blew the gears in the front axle. And yeah thank god it blew when it did or I would be one extremely pissed off camper. Especially since it was their screw up. But as far as I can tell. Stock, they are supposed to run the same bearings in both front and back. Like rob said to make production costs lower.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #131
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Robbob has a good idea with the bushing. My xr did that and I lost the whole diff. When I upgraded to HR big bearing gearbox it still uses small bearing. Put in a Traxxis 5x8 bushing and no more problem. The balls in the 5x8 are tiny, but big enough to destroy all the gears lol. Like the rig so far. That park area is realy cool, I'm jealous. I run the big bores and mini-t springs also, pink in front and red in back 20wt oil. Heavier springs in back for climbing, that is where all the weight transfers to. They do the same as yours do, not return after compressing. The guys with more experiance than me say it's normal. Doesn't seem to effect it. Lookin good keep us posted on how you do in comps. A friend of mine just bought a Bully also. I will tell him to check out this thread.... good info here.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:00 AM   #132
Quarry Creeper

Well two weeks and 18 emails later, rc4wd finally gave me a tracking number for my parts. Hope they get here in time, fingers crossed.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:04 AM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Did they warranty it ?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Did they warranty it ?
Yeah they did.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Excellent !!
So it was assembled wrong ?

Hang up and Drive
Old 04-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #136
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Excellent !!

Hang up and Drive
There was so many loose bolts on my RTR kit and the wiring was everywhere like a chimp stuffed it in. Motor wires were zip tied along the lower links as if to protect the links from rocks. I feel like they could save time and headache by simply doing it right, and with locktight, the first time around.
JoelTGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Loose bolts and wiring are easily fixed, wrong bearings are another story

Hang up and Drive
Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Excellent !!
Yeah bearing was definitely wrong. All I know is I better get a full gear set. Not a lot of damage to the rest of them but since it was there fault it'd be nice to have a completely fresh set. There's a few dings and scrapes in the rest of them. Hard to see in pictures but the metal flakes definitely wore down everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTGM View Post
There was so many loose bolts on my RTR kit and the wiring was everywhere like a chimp stuffed it in. Motor wires were zip tied along the lower links as if to protect the links from rocks. I feel like they could save time and headache by simply doing it right, and with locktight, the first time around.
This truck definitely needs to be gone through when purchased. Can get rid of tons of extra wire. The electronics are just for getting started. Also its kind of nice that the axles are loose. Makes dissasembly easier. You should take the whole thing apart inspect everything while you still have a warranty and make sure it doesn't fail on you from poor assembly a week after your warranty runs out. Make sure your bearings are correct so you don't end up like me.
Also they do not grease the gears from factory. Which is something you should definitely do. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #139
Quarry Creeper

Started tinkering with the wraith axles out of boredom mostly. Apparently the welder at work doesn't go low enough for this stuff because I melted the long one really easy. Also pretty rusty with a welder not going to lie. Lol.
The small side is ground down already fits in the locker okay. Not the prettyiest but it does fit snug and it gets tight so we shall see. They might've gotten too hot. Fingers crossed. Now I just need to order the bearings up.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #140
Wanna get? Gotta want.

The bearing part of it is what I have never understood on this mod.... How are you going to line up the center of the joint in the center of the kingpin? They dont make a 10x16x3 bearing AFAIK.

Tags
build, bully 2, moa, rtr