Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing my 11 and 9 year old boys over for the weekend. I'm thinking I'll run with them and help them through the course since they haven't ever done any kind of competition before. They'll be running my Class 1 S-10 with 1.55 Growlers. Can't wait!
Right on, my 7 year old son is going to have his first go at a RECON G6 too. With Parker's encouragement at the event it's likely my wife could end up running her first event as well. Looking forward to this one!!!!!!
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
Right on, my 7 year old son is going to have his first go at a RECON G6 too. With Parker's encouragement at the event it's likely my wife could end up running her first event as well. Looking forward to this one!!!!!!
I'm leaving my 7 year old at home.....I'm crazy, but not that crazy! It's going to be hard enough keeping the older boys under control . See you in a month!
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

getting a rig together for this!!
is the jello being supplied or do you have to supply your own?
501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Wont know until the 10th or 11th...but this is the closest so far and really want to do one of these
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

It just occured to me that I'll already be in Bend this weekend. However with my wife at a conference all day and a three year old in tow I think I'll be relegated to mere spectating. Unless of course there is on-site babysitting...
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Newb question....this is my first....so are rules pretty easy to follow, how much of a blood bath, dog eat dog competition, and is there camping on site set aside for the event, or do we book ourselves? Also, what happens if my jello falls off...is my run over?

Last edited by AdventureIQ; 09-18-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2 View Post
It just occured to me that I'll already be in Bend this weekend. However with my wife at a conference all day and a three year old in tow I think I'll be relegated to mere spectating. Unless of course there is on-site babysitting...
I know a few guys who have taken their time and ran the course with a toddler in tow. We will have our 3 year old son with us as well. Make sure to at least bring your rig just in case.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureIQ View Post
Newb question....this is my first....so are rules pretty easy to follow, how much of a blood bath, dog eat dog competition, and is there camping on site set aside for the event, or do we book ourselves? Also, what happens if my jello falls off...is my run over?
The rules are very easy and Parker always has a drivers meeting to set any guidelines and answer any questions. It's not a blood bath comp atmosphere, its a get out and challenge your driving skills with a bunch of other people just like you. As for the Jello, if it falls off you still run to the finish, but I think you have to keep it on the rig to qualify for the night stage. I heard the area has camp sites but they were filling up, we are staying at a hotel in town just to keep the wife and kids a little more comfortable and less work for me, which means more drive time.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I know a few guys who have taken their time and ran the course with a toddler in tow. We will have our 3 year old son with us as well. Make sure to at least bring your rig just in case.
I'll be bringing either a Wraith or Honcho with me for the trip no matter what, but my kid is a downright monster, and my own personal Hand of God without my best interests at heart.

Last edited by forty2; 09-19-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

The rules are very easy and Parker always has a drivers meeting to set any guidelines and answer any questions. It's not a blood bath comp atmosphere, its a get out and challenge your driving skills with a bunch of other people just like you. As for the Jello, if it falls off you still run to the finish, but I think you have to keep it on the rig to qualify for the night stage. I heard the area has camp sites but they were filling up, we are staying at a hotel in town just to keep the wife and kids a little more comfortable and less work for me, which means more drive time.
Awesome! Thanks!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501 View Post
getting a rig together for this!!
is the jello being supplied or do you have to supply your own?
Supply your own. You don't want me to supply jello. If I did, who can tell me what you would have to do.

Quote:
Wont know until the 10th or 11th...but this is the closest so far and really want to do one of these
Do Work, AdventureIQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2 View Post
Bring your 3yr old. We have several young G6'ers and the atmosphere is family friendly and it is an adventure. Everywhere we have been this year, the drivers that come to spectate, regret not coming to drive!

Quote:
No blood bath, but last year at the Zombies on the Rocks RECON G6 did have a "Blood Pit" drivers drove through. LOL. The RECON G6 is radio controlled scale adventure. Drivers fill out their own driver log book. No specific camping is set aside, just book yourself or a hotel in Bend. It's just a couple of miles away.

If your jello falls off, pick it up and put it back on your truck.

Quote:
Thanks Propane!

Quote:
Propane, you da man!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Ryan how can I get one of those jugs I didnt see them on your site?
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I picked up a scale version pf what my grand dad had sitting next to him when he played banjo
Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post

Supply your own. You don't want me to supply jello. If I did, who can tell me what you would have to do.

Do Work, AdventureIQ.

Bring your 3yr old. We have several young G6'ers and the atmosphere is family friendly and it is an adventure. Everywhere we have been this year, the drivers that come to spectate, regret not coming to drive!

No blood bath, but last year at the Zombies on the Rocks RECON G6 did have a "Blood Pit" drivers drove through. LOL. The RECON G6 is radio controlled scale adventure. Drivers fill out their own driver log book. No specific camping is set aside, just book yourself or a hotel in Bend. It's just a couple of miles away.

If your jello falls off, pick it up and put it back on your truck.

Thanks Propane!

Propane, you da man!
Thumbs up
Old 09-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Ryan how can I get one of those jugs I didnt see them on your site?
Paypal me at rbgerrish AT yahoo.com and I"ll ship one to anybody. $2 per jug, $2 shipping. I'll try to add them to my site also.
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Are we ready yet.. sent ya some pay pal love ryan
Attached Images

FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

I also posted this on facebook but figure I would also ask here.
So I have been wondering about what counts towards scale items besides the glue on items. Like do license shocks and tires, fender wells added cms, metal bumpers and rock sliders? As I have all these items on my scx10 already on it (lights and driver soon). As I'm trying to get a feel for how many other items I will have to add for the required amount for the night run (ruckus bottle and tow strap taken care of)...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynocturnal View Post
I also posted this on facebook but figure I would also ask here.
So I have been wondering about what counts towards scale items besides the glue on items. Like do license shocks and tires, fender wells added cms, metal bumpers and rock sliders? As I have all these items on my scx10 already on it (lights and driver soon). As I'm trying to get a feel for how many other items I will have to add for the required amount for the night run (ruckus bottle and tow strap taken care of)...
Your good!

Let's see a pic of your truck. Paaleeeeze!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Packing for the trip today...can never start too early....
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Alright, I'm planning on making this happen. The kid is still a bit of an X-factor so I may still have to bail at the last minute, or even worse, mid event, but I'm going to try nonetheless. I've got a SCX10 that is already well prepped but since the Wraith is brand new to the collection I think that's what I'm going to have to use. Build progress here: Added a Wraith to my garage.

RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 "Swine Swagger" Sept 28, 2013 Hot Springs, AR DRIVNMF Recon G6 68 04-08-2014 04:48 PM
RECON G6 "Dia de los Muertos" at the Cantina for Con 2013 DRIVNMF Recon G6 39 11-20-2013 07:18 PM
RECON G6 "The Fix" & "The Cure" Pyramid Lake Nevada DRIVNMF Recon G6 29 10-05-2013 03:15 PM
RECON G6 "Sierra Trek" Aug. 10, 2013 DRIVNMF Recon G6 11 08-12-2013 02:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM