Notices

Thread: twin hammers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: twin hammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
I guess I'm not understanding but how does this meet the rail chassis requirement.
It doesn't - pretty sure he is kicking for it to be allowed into class2. Or beating a dead horse thats already been stated for the masses to read multiple times.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
It doesn't - pretty sure he is kicking for it to be allowed into class2. Or beating a dead horse thats already been stated for the masses to read multiple times.
I hear you doublej but what does it matter if the guys that are complaining are also stating that they don't go to SORCCA events or even think that scalers should be a rig we compete with, now that is much more close minded than any discussion we have about what is legal or not.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I hear you doublej but what does it matter if the guys that are complaining are also stating that they don't go to SORCCA events or even think that scalers should be a rig we compete with, now that is much more close minded than any discussion we have about what is legal or not.

Quote:
Sorta hard to find a reason to even hit the reply button when people have no care about the out comes they are complaining for.....
Completely agree with ya mate.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #84
Donkey Punch Champion!

You guys seen my baseball?
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #85
RCC Addict

BTW - Not that anyone cares at all, but I don't think this should be a C2 rig just because of the 1.9s. To me C2 means a street truck that was modified for trail use. Tubers don't fit that. A Twin Hammers is more of a purpose built rig, like a tuber, and therefor belongs in Class 3. Now if a club wanted to make up their own rules or an open Class 2 that's their own choice. They just can't do national events if they don't follow all the national rules.

Personally our clubs follow the rules on purpose in case we ever get a chance to go and for uniformity and fairness. I think we will probably make a G6 style race allowing TH and Wraiths to run in it. There will be less rules on bodies and stuff because it will be just for fun.

Stop whining that it doesn't fit in with the rest. In our club we allow you to run with us, but you get no scale points unless it fits in the rules. So you could run the TH in C2, but you'd better drive it perfect to make up for the scale points. :-)
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #86
Old guy

Quote:
Little brats only read what they want .

Quote:
What it is, you got some brats with thier toy truck that would get it's butt kicked runnin it in class 3, so they want to run it in class 2, but it don't fit in the rules and now all the crying and saying no fair, the rules are screwed up.

I wish these brats would, make up their own rules. Then we would have a choice.We would have the wrong rules or thier rules to pick from .

It don't matter, some brats just can't stand for people to have fun unless it's their idea, don't you remember that kid on the play ground, well those kids grow up.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #87
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
You guys seen my baseball?
I found it, but The rules say we have to use the hard ball. I can't hit it very well I think you should let us use a softball, it's easier to hit. I don't like losing , can we not keep score and all be winners.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #88
Donkey Punch Champion!

Thanks Ricky. Please hang onto it. Your always looking out.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

You guys love playing with your balls don't ya? Sometimes I think ya'll are in the wrong hobby......
Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #90
RCC Addict

So im not a national caliber driver. I like our club comps though . I have a TWH. But I don't know which view I agree with yet.

I'm making my TWH to be a desert trophy truck, not a crawler at all, so my opinion of the TWH legality won't even matter anyways.

But my question is:
What is it about tub chassis that made them illegal in the first place?
Is it because they have an unfair advantage somehow over chassis railed vehicles? Or is it just because it's not scale?

If I were classifying a 1:1 jeep Cherokee in the rc world i'd call it a tub chassis. (seems closer to a tub chassis than a railed chassis)

So that's just a question I've always had. And it seems fairly pertinent to the debate at hand. Maybe instead of debating if it breaks a certain RULE or not, maybe we should ask what is the root, the reason, for the rule in the first place. And see if the TWH is consistent with the REASON , or an exception to the reason.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by heinie_21; 02-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #91
Gettin’ back on the horse

I agree with you Heine. From what I hear it is that generally they are not considered scale. I like to think of them as unibody chassis though and we all know there is a lot of those in the world. With that type of reasoning and maybe a guideline or two to body height on pan/tub chassis I think they can have the same appeal as any other chassis design in the scale world. Say all tub chassis become legal: Does anyone really think there would be a huge shift in the scale world to that over tubers or ladder frames? I certainly don't.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I agree with you Heine. From what I hear it is that generally they are not considered scale. I like to think of them as unibody chassis though and we all know there is a lot of those in the world. With that type of reasoning and maybe a guideline or two to body height on pan/tub chassis I think they can have the same appeal as any other chassis design in the scale world. Say all tub chassis become legal: Does anyone really think there would be a huge shift in the scale world to that over tubers or ladder frames? I certainly don't.
First how is the TH not scale? Really - I have asked a couple times.
It is a class1 car. It has an interior with drivers head. 1.9s ect ect

And here is something food for the brain:
Where have you ever seen a unibody turned into a tuber in the 1:1 world where they leave the floor as the only thing left from the org vehicle?
You don't. Unibodies are not strong enough for prolonged use. Thats why JeepSpeed XJs get used for a season or two and then thrown away.

As a group we have to classify rigs as their 1:1 conterparts. The Tub on the TH means nothing. Its a Tuber that will have a pretty strong following and could add to the masses at any level of event bc it is a RTR. Thats my only issue with all this - why are we limiting our hobby as a whole?

And I agree with you Turtle, allowing unibodies in class2 or even class1 might add more builds but nothing crazier than we already see.
Heck we have talked about it local.

Class1 is a stock rig correct?
Why aren't the masses forced to use stock sespension that would be on that rig in the real world? It would make the entire class a completely different world. IFS, more leaf springs, ect ect
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
First how is the TH not scale? Really - I have asked a couple times.
It is a class1 car. It has an interior with drivers head. 1.9s ect ect
I think he meant TUB chassis are not considered scale.. I think his whole post was about tub chassis, not twin hammers.

In response to my question of tub chassis in general.

Tapatalk was used for this particular post....

Last edited by heinie_21; 02-27-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

And here is something food for the brain:
Where have you ever seen a unibody turned into a tuber in the 1:1 world where they leave the floor as the only thing left from the org vehicle?
VW pan chassis baja bug. Pretty popular actually.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

So, then what about this truck that I've been working on:

JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #96
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
VW pan chassis baja bug. Pretty popular actually.
One of the best rock crawlers ever ,wish they had 4 wheel drive.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
One of the best rock crawlers ever ,wish they had 4 wheel drive.
WTF does that have to do with anything? Sorry but pan chassis vehicles with a cage attached do EXIST.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Dang look at that ground clearance. Looks pretty neat.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Little brats

you got some brats with thier toy truck

I wish these brats

some brats just can't stand for people to have fun
Really Ricky? Now you're resorting to just calling us all brats. What was that about that kid growing up?

We have a discussion going on a brand new type of scaler & we're all making points & counter-points & this is what you come with. Seems to me the pot is calling the kettle black.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #100
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
WTF does that have to do with anything? Sorry but pan chassis vehicles with a cage attached do EXIST.
Your the one who brought them up, I've had a few of them. We had one that was just the pan chassis with tube work on it too, rolled it a couple times. It was a fun rig.

twin hammers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Twin hammers rc iceman 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 02-13-2013 12:14 AM
Twin Hammers are in!!! tunnalram North Dakota 0 02-11-2013 04:08 PM
Twin Hammers Rock Concepts Videos! 4 01-31-2013 02:50 PM