Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: Next Scaler Comp!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Next Scaler Comp!

We are just using the course setup they use, same rules we have ran in the past would apply. Im just saying we change the course format, maybe do more or less teamed events depending on what everyone else likes. It just a future thought, Im not trying to change any rules or classes by any means!
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2014, 04:45 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

I like the team concept. I think we could do 3 truck teams in the normal format.
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:02 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

I have been toying around with an idea I have. I think it may be fun, a grudge match. LOL kinda got the idea from drag racing. There is no entry fee but, there will be a small fee to call someone out. Maybe a $1 or $2. The caller out pays and the called out pays. Both get 3 gates to set up how they want. Who ever does best on the six gates wins the call out/grudge. Everyone loves to talk smack and what a better way to be able to back it up. All money collected will go to pay for lunch and the rest to a local charity.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

Sounds like I would be running a lexan body for that one lol!
Old 07-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

Damn Marcus that sounds like fun!! Now if I could just get you back to the track....
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Soooo back to when and where.. Earliest I would go with is July 27th, that will be in roughly 3 weeks.. Next up would be August 3rd or the 10th, we can go mid August if need be. Everyone post up you when it would suit best and also where you would like for it to be!

* I would like August 3rd @ Falls Park! *
Old 07-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

3rd at Falls Park works for me.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

27th is Christina's bday so that a definite no go for me, Aug 3rd may work depending on my son's work schedule. Wont know until the week of tho.
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #89

Right now the 3rd works for me.
thurayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #90
RCC Addict

As of right now, the 3rd would work for me as well.
limited77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

August 3rd sounds good to me, falls park? Good crawling but i hate the crowd
BigSid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

Aug 3rd works for me I think, if falls park is crowded it may not be a good place for us with the crowds we have been having. What about the location Ben has been working on? Or Neal shoals?
skerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skerb View Post
Aug 3rd works for me I think, if falls park is crowded it may not be a good place for us with the crowds we have been having. What about the location Ben has been working on? Or Neal shoals?
Im down with Neal Shoals, but never been to check out the area/parking.. Sorry but I am not driving to Cola to risk getting shutdown on another Comp, I know it was just bad luck but still.. Parking is obviously a issue when it comes to using those area's and I think it would be fine with 10-15 ppl but not 30+!

*So who has been to Neal Shoals and whats the scoop there?*

*What about Exit 33 / Batesburg, its been awhile since we hit that up!*

Last edited by wilbywise; 07-07-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

I agree. I don't want to kill the gas to drive down there just to turn around and come back because we can't run.

Just remember that we have been having 30+ consistently! So we have been doing something right!

Farmer Bob might not have a problem with a couple cars coming through but when you get a convoy rolling across your property, people get a little disturbed.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

I have run Neal Shoals several times. Its way off the beaten path at the end of a gravel road in game management land. Very rarely see anyone there other than the people there crawling. Only issue with there is the height of the water depending on what days they open the dams upstream or if it has rained recently. I put on a G6 there once and it worked great even with the comp rigs using most of the large rock.

Parking is in a large turn around at the end of the road, right beside the river. It can easily hold 20 cars but I would suggest some of you carpool to save space along with fuel.

Last edited by TODBLDZ; 07-07-2014 at 09:49 AM.
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #96

That logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense do to the fact that this location has nothing to do with the location that got shut down. That's like saying, well the dam got shut down, so I guess we can't have a comp in Spartanburg. 1. The lake Murray dam and the location skerb is talking about are 20 miles apart. 2. We would not have a comp there unless we would have made the landowner perfectly clear of what to expect. 3. We supposedly had permission for dam comp through somebody that knows somebody at SCE&G. For this location would need permission from only one person (THE ACTUAL DECISION MAKER) and there is only one. 3 The dam is private property. This location is public property, we just need an access point. Just because One comp was shut down in Columbia doesn't make the rest of the city off limits. If its assumed that since the dam comp got shut down that all the other great Columbia locations are off limits, then one should assume that any other comp anywhere in the state will be shut down just as easily. All I'm saying is we will not have a comp at this location unless it will be a 100% guarantee that we can, just like any other comp that takes place anywhere without any set backs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sigepkyzeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

Actually we had it in writing to use the Green Space aka "Glendale Shoals" for the G6. All it takes is a little leg work to make sure that we have permission to have a LARGE number of people come out to an event. No one is saying that all of Columbia is off limits, we are saying that with the last issue that was had, it caused SEVERAL members to give up coming to the comps all together. After a 4 hour ride, I can't really blame them for not wanting to come back out. Just because something is public property doesn't mean that you can use it any way that you see fit.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #98

How can it be public property if you have to hunt and search for an access point? Every public place I ever seen had an access point with parking! If you have to beg for permission that makes it private property!
jdgodfrey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #99

Someone isn't getting the point. The crawling location is public, but the safest way to access it is thru private land. I believe that is what Ben is getting at. No sense setting up an event at that location if we don't have permission to access it.

Last edited by thurayt; 07-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.
thurayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #100

Thanks thurayt, That's exactly what I was saying. We could have a comp there WITHOUT permission, as long as no one minded Wading across the entire river to the opposite side. I was trying to get permission to use the road and huge gazebo with picnic tables that's only 40 feet from the comp site, As for the comp at the dam, I had nothing to do with setting that up, that was the first comp I had ever been to. I was there all day and never got to run my truck on a single course. So if anyone should have had a bad taste in their mouth it would be me. I understand that driving home for that long after what happened would have sucked but I doubt anyone didn't get to drive a course at least once. That was my first impression of how comps go but I still have not missed one since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sigepkyzeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Next Scaler Comp! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scaler Vs Comp toyotacrawlin Newbie General 5 12-07-2012 11:08 AM
scaler or comp discgolferlee General Crawlers 8 12-17-2010 03:42 AM
comp style scaler demonoid369 HPI Wheely King 7 06-11-2008 12:04 PM