Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: From WILD to Kinda Mild Super Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Here are some finished pictures. I hate the wiring but I was far to excited and impatient to take the time I should have. So I'll blow it apart down the road and redo it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Conflict; 05-26-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Conflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Took it out to get a good shake down this afternoon and don't know what possibly inspired me not to bring any tools, but I ended up with a small casualty cut my short trip only made it through half of the first battery pack but for that battery pack this thing ripped like no other, and really great crawling as well!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: From WILD to Kinda Mild Super Build

Look into the Dlux delrin hugs if you have not yet. Those things are killer, they save some weight and there is not worrying about the nut or bolt coming loose that holds the hub in place.
tweak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:52 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Man this thing looks great! I'm "Super" jealous. Sounds like it's fought you from the start, but what a transformation from where you began. The tires and wheels look badass and I think half of your issues were related to your heavy original wheel/tires.

Sent from a device I've used on the toilet.
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjeeper View Post
Man this thing looks great! I'm "Super" jealous. Sounds like it's fought you from the start, but what a transformation from where you began. The tires and wheels look badass and I think half of your issues were related to your heavy original wheel/tires.

Sent from a device I've used on the toilet.
Thanks Glen, yeah for some damn reason this build fought me every step of the way. In all honesty I'm not done now. I am horrible with pushing to hard to get everything 100% built so that I can drive it, then I get it together and I find things that are sloppy and aren't working the way I want them to. When I built my XR10 I assembled it disassembled it several times and tuned and tuned and tuned until I had it completely dialed in and running perfectly. I know that I will never get my super to that point but I'm going to try like hell.

I've been spending my time on my street truck/Hot Rod since the weather is nice, all the car shows are going on and cruise ins etc. so for now I am spending time racing my truck around. Once we get another spell of rain I am going to tear my super down and start over but do everything right this time.

I'm sure people are curious about my street rod now, so since this is my build thread I will share some pics and info on it.

1959 Ford SW Box
Volare front clip conversion
Chopped and channeled
C-Notch rear frame
9" Ford rear end with LSD
1989 5.0 fuel injected motor (built to the nuts)

In case your curious "Yeah, its Fast"
Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Pics

Old 06-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Old 06-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Awesome! I'm an old car guy too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #89
Quarry Creeper

I'm hoping to get all the body work and paint done this summer on the outside. If I have enough time I need to figure out what I want to do with the huge hole in the bed. I don't know if I want to build something like a uni-fender, or raise the entire bed up to cover the C-Notch.

Then next year I intend to do the interior paint and body work as well as carpet and upholstery. I'm the same damn way with my real cars as I am with my RC's, I always hurry to get them together so that I can experience them. Then I gotta tear them all apart again. Wheee!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflict View Post
I'm hoping to get all the body work and paint done this summer on the outside. If I have enough time I need to figure out what I want to do with the huge hole in the bed. I don't know if I want to build something like a uni-fender, or raise the entire bed up to cover the C-Notch.

Then next year I intend to do the interior paint and body work as well as carpet and upholstery. I'm the same damn way with my real cars as I am with my RC's, I always hurry to get them together so that I can experience them. Then I gotta tear them all apart again. Wheee!
Yeah, but in the meantime you have a sweet rat-rod. Me personally, I like the idea of raising the bed floor to clear your crossmember and rear end. With the stance your at, it might give it a good look.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #91
Quarry Creeper

That is what I am after look wise is Rat-Rod, the paint is going to end up flat black, then I am going to change the wheels from beige to red, and tint the windows. Then hopefully I can find someone to do some nice pin-striping on the hood in red then I am happy happy happy. I to am leaning towards raising the inner part of the bed. I seen another truck at a hod rod show where he raised the bed to cover the chassis, but somehow he made it look completely stock. Like it somehow looked like it wasn't even mess with. I've seen tons of rigs with the inner bed raised but you can always tell that the bed is shallower than normal, but some how this guy made it to look just right.

I think what I am going to try is to cut out the existing floor and raise it up (like every body does) but what I am going to do differently is on the inner part of the top of the bed the edge drops down about 2" or so. So what I want to do is eliminate that lip and roll the edge in which will give you the illusion of a deeper bed without that lip there.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

There you go. It's all about the illusion. That should nail it. Haven't seen that done before.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

It should be unique. I'll post pics when I do it.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

How's the super doing? Haven't seen anything about it a while.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

To be honest, I really haven't spent much time with it latley. We are having an unusually awesome high heat summer here in WA. state. So I've been spending most of my time on the river with the boat, either fishing or swimming. I did bring it out just this last weekend and ran it around the rocks, and I think I'm getting kind of complacent with it. With all the parts being custom made, they don't seem to be working as smoothly as they should. With my XR10 the suspension travels insanely smoothly and works perfectly. The super is real clunky and awkward when crawling over the rocks. So I'm still trying to figure that part out, I just need to be sure not to give up on it, and keep on it until I get it where I want it.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

I know that feeling, I went through that with my last super. If it's not set up just right it likes to be all stupid. I think it took me a good week or two to get the shocks the way I like them. I kept changing location and springs until I found a combination that I liked and worked. It's sucks but take tools and parts with you to the rocks so you can change stuff there. I know I spent more time tuning and changing stuff than I did crawling but once I got it right the thing was a beast. I'm about ready to start on the road your on with my new build once the motors show up.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Well cr@p fella's, I think I'm going to sell this super, anyone interested? Shoot me a message. This will be one I regret..
Old 06-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Holy crap, almost 2 years ago, and still never received an offer. Still have it, if anyone is interested....
Old 06-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Post in for sale section
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote

From WILD to Kinda Mild Super Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Super Class Build...kinda... SVEN Chit Chat 10 10-05-2011 10:18 PM
kinda cool wild bald eagle nest live stream vid of eggs hatching SoCo Crawlgirl Chit Chat 8 04-01-2011 05:11 PM
Class 3 2dr JK mild with a hint of wild solomon7 2.2 Scale Rigs 3 03-22-2011 03:15 PM
C.C. mods mild to wild leon Duratrax Cliff Climber 13 04-22-2009 08:51 PM
Stock Clod Can (from mild to wild!) insanerc Videos! 5 10-15-2006 08:59 AM