Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Del Monte's Losi Comp Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #241
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
no problem

The problems we've had with this rig are definitely a thing of the past. I'm very happy with Losi and it only keeps getting better.
X 2. Small changes and the addition of brushless power have made my Comp Crawler a force to be reckoned with.
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #242
Rock Stacker

I've been following this thread (lurking) for quite a while. I have followed most of the setup recommendations and it has made a big big difference in how well I've finished in my last couple of comps. Too bad I can't get some talent off this forum too. The truck is much better than I make it look.
GhostRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #243
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
no problem

The problems we've had with this rig are definitely a thing of the past. I'm very happy with Losi and it only keeps getting better.

I agree. There are some first time build issues for sure but as you get to know the rig it gets better and better. The lines it takes literally amaze me. Most of the time I am thinking no way this is going to hold and yet it does. Only other rig I see that gives me that same thought is the bully/moa style trucks. Honestly those impress me. That and the crazy 4ws/2engine shafty TCB built.
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #244
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iberian View Post
That and the crazy 4ws/2engine shafty TCB built.
Go to the TXT forum here and you'll find a few of those from around 2005. They never caught on because of the additional heft in the worst place possible.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #245
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Go to the TXT forum here and you'll find a few of those from around 2005. They never caught on because of the additional heft in the worst place possible.
I'll be stripping the rig down this weekend and will weigh the assembly for comparison to standard tranny & dig setup. Will post up results in my build thread.

Cheers,
Mike.
The CrAwLL BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:47 AM   #246

where are you getting your limiters from ?

"15mm in the front and 12m in the rear. I liked the stability of the rig with 20mm limiters"

Is there a parts tree that has plastic spacers that fit the shocks or do you make them from something ? Ive tried 2 lhs to find something that would work and still havent found something

another ? are the night crawler shocks the same size length as the comp crawler ?

Last edited by four12unner; 01-22-2010 at 12:50 AM.
four12unner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:54 AM   #247
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by four12unner View Post

"15mm in the front and 12m in the rear. I liked the stability of the rig with 20mm limiters"

Is there a parts tree that has plastic spacers that fit the shocks or do you make them from something ? Ive tried 2 lhs to find something that would work and still havent found something

another ? are the night crawler shocks the same size length as the comp crawler ?
nitro fuel tube and cut it to length
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:43 AM   #248
Rock Stacker

Quote:

You could use these clips from RPM:
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...hires/7031.htm
They have various thicknesses and get clipped onto the shaft, no need to remove the spring or shock end to slide tubing on, easily adjustable.
one downside is that they are rigid, so it is a firm stop, no flex like tubing would give.
aconsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #249
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:

I just use Nitro fuel tube since its cheap and easy to cut down. Plus is has a little flexibility, so it acts as a nice bump stop. Just make sure to get tubing that is big enough to slide over the shock shaft.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #250
Pebble Pounder

I have had some clicking noise from my tranny and after reading a few threads I stretched the springs out . That didn`t help much at all so I put in metal dif plates . The metal plates did reduce the clicking noise but once on the rocks and the truck has to work to get on or around it still clicks . A friend has a LCC and his doe not do this at all . Only difference between the two is mine is a first version but have newer CVDs and still running original worms .

Thanks , Brian
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #251
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy-01 View Post
I have had some clicking noise from my tranny and after reading a few threads I stretched the springs out . That didn`t help much at all so I put in metal dif plates . The metal plates did reduce the clicking noise but once on the rocks and the truck has to work to get on or around it still clicks . A friend has a LCC and his doe not do this at all . Only difference between the two is mine is a first version but have newer CVDs and still running original worms .

Thanks , Brian
Not sure if i am right on this but..........

Are you sure it is not the motor cogging? Unplug your sensor wire and see if it is the same noise. With the sensor wire unpluged it will be way worse though.

I don't know if it is the motor that makes the sound or the the motor cogging makes the tranny click. Do you and your friend have the same motor, tranny, and pinion?
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #252
Pebble Pounder

Very good idea ! I tried that and it does make same noise with sensor lead of , just a lot more . I bought this motor used and what would cause the cogging ? I`ll try another sensor lead if not then another motor I suppose .

Last edited by Briguy-01; 01-22-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #253
Quarry Creeper

x2 on the sensor wire. While testing mine I had nothing tied down and my "tranny" would click every so often on the rocks. It would work fine if I picked it up and held it. After checking the gear mesh I took it back out and it started clicking again really bad. I had left the dust cap off the pinion/spur gear so I could see. While watching it just stopped. Stearing worked throttle didn't. Looked at my ESC and the sensor wire was off. Had got caught on a spring and been pulled out. Plugged it in and smooth as can be.
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #254
RCC Addict

Quick question for Del.

Back in the day before the crawler ESC. I had a Losi ESC/Brushless combo 17.5,
and it had a reverse delay, is this fixed? Also the fan would stay on right when
the system was turned on, I did like this on the ESC, hope they didn't change
that. I also was trying to find out kv ratings on the crawler systems and Losi
has nothing listed...Do you know the kv of the 17.5 and 21.5 with that 13.5mm
rotor they are using? Thanks.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #255
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1rch1ld View Post
Quick question for Del.

Back in the day before the crawler ESC. I had a Losi ESC/Brushless combo 17.5,
and it had a reverse delay, is this fixed? Also the fan would stay on right when
the system was turned on, I did like this on the ESC, hope they didn't change
that. I also was trying to find out kv ratings on the crawler systems and Losi
has nothing listed...Do you know the kv of the 17.5 and 21.5 with that 13.5mm
Not sure, but I'll forward the question to Rich and get an answer for you
Old 01-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #256
RCC Addict

Quote:
Not sure, but I'll forward the question to Rich and get an answer for you
Its all good, you don't have to ask him...does your setup have a reverse delay?
Old 01-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #257
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1rch1ld View Post
Do you know the kv of the 17.5 and 21.5 with that 13.5mm
The 21.5T Crawler motor is 1200kv & 120 watts.

They list all the motors except for the 17.5T Crawler motor in my copy of the instructions.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #258
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRoo View Post
The 21.5T Crawler motor is 1200kv & 120 watts.

They list all the motors except for the 17.5T Crawler motor in my copy of the instructions.
thanks... that's good to know

For those of you who don't think a shafty can be competitive with MOA's in a big comp... how about:

1st place shafty AND 1st place overall at AWCC qualifier #1 today at Lake Wohlford!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #259
Rock Crawler

Great Job out there Jake!!!!! Some of the best driving I have seen, Especially course one on the wet rock!!!! Flawless!!! Thanks again for the parts. I greatly apreciate it Congratulations!!!!
carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #260
RCC Addict

Very nice...This makes me happy