Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Del Monte's Losi Comp Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #161
I wanna be Dave

ooooppppssss i knew that just typeo
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #162
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
ooooppppssss i knew that just typeo
I was just playin, i could have said it nice. I just figure since Jake is giving us all this great info, that we wouldn't call him John or jack or tony.

BTW Jake, thanks a ton!
shaggybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #163
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
hey jack what kinda belly clearence u run
It sits at 2 1/4" and droops out to near 3" with the shocks in their current locations.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #164
RCC Addict

Hey Mac, Jake, Donny, Steve or whatever your name is :-P....

Your new set-up ROCKS!

Don't forget to mention about the pre-load on the shock springs when running lighter springs.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #165
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
Hey Mac, Jake, Donny, Steve or whatever your name is :-P....

Your new set-up ROCKS!

Don't forget to mention about the pre-load on the shock springs when running lighter springs.

I forgot the all important pre-load..

My front shocks have roughly 12mm of threads showing above the collar, and my rear shocks have 10mm above the collar.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

thanks jake ill give it a try im sure it rocks
Old 12-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

jake please tell rich thanks an he is the man . i got my parts in like 3 days.

thanks losi cant ask any better than that
Old 12-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #168
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
jake please tell rich thanks an he is the man . i got my parts in like 3 days.

thanks losi cant ask any better than that
Absolutely... Rich is the man You guys have no idea of the sheer amount of work that he puts in to make the Losi as good as it is.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #169
RCC Addict

Looking at your set up, 20mm (a little over 3/4") of external limiters is a ton! That is more than double of what many people run. Do you ever run less to get more articulation on any courses? Just seems like it would limit travel too much.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #170
Pebble Pounder

awesome thread,been following for a while now and its great,good to see a comp losi thats still a shafty kicking azz,thanksi was thinking about changing mine and after seeing your success i will be keeping it shafty
nitrorube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #171
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
Looking at your set up, 20mm (a little over 3/4") of external limiters is a ton! That is more than double of what many people run. Do you ever run less to get more articulation on any courses? Just seems like it would limit travel too much.
It was an experiment on the newest setup, and so far I like it. I'll post an articulation shot when I have a chance, but I didn't lose as much as it sounds like. I'm not 100% sure I like it with the big limiters yet, but the rig is extremely stable and still has a lot of travel.

Right now I can put a tire on top of 3 mounted comp claws stacked on their sides without lifting a tire.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #172
Rock Crawler

Soft springs with 5/8-3/4" of limiters is working really good on my LCC. Running golds up front with grays in the rear. Climbing and crawling better than it has with other setups. Still experimenting, but me likes so far!
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #173
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
It was an experiment on the newest setup, and so far I like it. I'll post an articulation shot when I have a chance, but I didn't lose as much as it sounds like. I'm not 100% sure I like it with the big limiters yet, but the rig is extremely stable and still has a lot of travel.

Right now I can put a tire on top of 3 mounted comp claws stacked on their sides without lifting a tire.
Do these limiters keep the lower links off the driveshafts, I've found my links being limited by the driveshafts. It was severe enough that my drive shave wobble and make noise.
Tydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #174
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydl View Post
Do these limiters keep the lower links off the driveshafts, I've found my links being limited by the driveshafts. It was severe enough that my drive shave wobble and make noise.

Yep, in fact that's how I stumbled on running the bigger limiters. I threw a 20mm limiter on the driver front shock to keep the link out of the driveshaft. I liked how the rig drove... so I put them on all 4 shocks
Old 12-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #175
MODERATOR™

Laid back shock needs longer limiter to keep the link off the driveshaft.

I was looking at mine and I have Axial's shock limiters on each shock shaft. They're labeled as 3x7x8 mm. I have my front shock in #2 and the one side just barely touches. Rear shock in #3 and it clears.

Maybe I'll add a sliver to the fronts. The amount of articulation I'm getting now seems to be helpful on the piles around me.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #176
Rock Crawler

Jake, I know you posted the amount of preload you run but that has me a little confused. Ride height means more as springs will sag out when they are old. Another way to to do it is figure out the lenght of the shock at it's resting weight from center of mounting hole to center of mounting hole. This works assuming you are using the same shock locations and tower location.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #177
Y-Town Crawlers

The new setup works pretty good
SinCityRCRC... Saturday, Dec 13th, Valley of fire, NV

Jess and I invaded Sincityrcrc's season finals held in Valley of Fire state park just out side of Las Vegas. The weather was perfect despite some very discouraging weather reports...and the competiton was fierce! A lot of guys were throwing down perfect scores and I had my hands full keeping up.

I started off with back to back perfect runs, and got incredibly lucky missing some difficult downhill gates on course #2. The rig definitely descends better then it did before, all I had to do was point it in the right direction and hang on.

I had to battle through course #3 and I took a costly rollover penalty. The scores were really tight heading into the final run and I didn't have any room for error. Course #4 was epic and had a tough bonus line. I had to be flawless to keep the top spot. Despite some close calls, I squeaked out a -10 and picked up my first win against the Sincity Crawlers.

With the red rocks of Valley of Fire in my rear view mirror, I'm already gearing up for the next comp. We'll be heading to an Axial West Coast Championship qualifier in Janurary, at one of my favorite spots ever...Corona Del Mar Bring it on

Have a happy holidays and look for Team Losi to come out of fire in 2010!!
-Jake

Last edited by Del Monte; 12-15-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #178
RCC Addict

Congrats on the win, Mr. Fruit. If ya don't mind me asking, what donor tires were those? I'm just curious because I might try my hand at some AKA Racing truggy tires.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #179
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
Congrats on the win, Mr. Fruit. If ya don't mind me asking, what donor tires were those? I'm just curious because I might try my hand at some AKA Racing truggy tires.
They're red compound Losi eclipse treads on comp claw sidewalls... and they're pretty amazing on red rocks
Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #180
Rock Crawler

Awesome job on the win yet again Jake! I cant wait to compete with you two again in March. Im excited to try the Losi on the red rock
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote