Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: EeePee's Losi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #61
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Your edit is confusing.

I like more Watts.

Number of Turns: 13.5 (#3414), 18.5 (#3419), 21.5 (#3420)
Watts: 195 (#3414), 119 (#3419), 85 (#3420)
How is my edit confusing ?
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #62
MODERATOR™

Cause you wanted the 21.5 for torque, then typed 18.5

Unless you meant compared to the 21.5?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #63
Keep it real

I'm so confused.......confused that you are going brushless and adding dig?....weird:-P

I like the drooped out effect of backing the preloads all the way off the shocks, as it lets the truck settle down low but still belly out for breakovers.

Nice Baller body
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #64
MODERATOR™

Speaking of Baller! TCS pulls through with a one day delivery, though I suppose some credit goes to the USPS.

And what I get? Novak Goat 3S and the 13.5 motor. One more hour of work to go then it's install time.

Not my first foray into brushless, but before it was chirpin and burpin sensorless outrunners, so this should be nice.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #65
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Cause you wanted the 21.5 for torque, then typed 18.5

Unless you meant compared to the 21.5?
Yeah compared to 21.5.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #66
MODERATOR™

I present to you the cleanest wiring job I've ever done! Maybe!

I can't believe how many wires there are, but I managed to hide them pretty good. The electronics trays Losi has on this with those wire looms underneath are freaking awesome I tell ya. Everything is tucked in there nicely, except the on/off switch. I gotta figure that one out, might even hack it off.

So in the apartment I find that it can creep slow as I'd probably want, and can get up and boogie nicely. Overall top speed with a 13 tooth pinion is a fast walk, and significantly faster than a 35 turn on a 2 cell lipo with a 15 tooth pinion.

Should be on the rocks tonight, and I'll get some temps. The 35 turn would peg 140 occasionally.

Attached Images

Old 09-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

cool rig thanks for up dates
no dig ???? y
ABOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #68

Now that SWEET Right There Nice Job!!
TexasTumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #69
MODERATOR™

Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOW View Post
no dig ???? y
Are you asking me why I'm not using the dig? I don't wanna.

Night and day difference this 13.5 motor makes. Holy cow. It puts the speed and power to where it should be for a crawler. I'm impressed so far. And the truck can go soooo slow it's unbelievable!!!!!!!! I gotta make a video of that.

I put three full 1100 mah 2S packs through it, and I dunno how long they lasted, maybe 25 minutes or so, maybe not quite. If the batteries are a little on the small side for a 13.5 motor (I assume they are), the Hyperions didn't seem to show it. Might have been working their ~71 amp bursts hard for all I know. Ambient outside was about 70 degrees. The batts were at 90 degrees. The motor was 110. I put the fan on the ESC for no reason other than it came with the Goat, and it was high 80s. Everything was good. Means to me that everything is warmed up and working. And I was working the thing harder than normal for me.

I think about how fast the driveshafts are spinning when I floor it. Something like 20,000 rpm.

I tried a 3 cell for a second to see how fast that was, and the driveshafts might have been doing about 35,000 rpm.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

So what you're saying is it's not fast enough

Wiring looks great.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I'm gonna have to check this out on sunday....

That little setup has had my eye for a while now.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #72
MODERATOR™

They can always be faster.

But it's pretty good.

Found my driveshaft was chewing away at my sensor wire, and rubbing my battery wires.

Here's a picture.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #73

At least the wires seem to be fine. Are they, or did it bite in a little bit Seems like you caught it early, so that's good

Last edited by KorpseofDeath420; 09-18-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling
KorpseofDeath420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #74
MODERATOR™

Yeah there was an exposed part, it was white, or maybe silver. I figured it was fine and put the shrink wrap over it. I want to see if I can take the back of the motor off and shorten the wires, doing away with that little chunk, but I want to wait the warranty out. And I want to move the ESC wires to the bottom of it for an even cleaner look, but again, 120 day warranty wait.

Just drove it, and it works.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #75
MODERATOR™

Update, follow up, whatever!

First real (i.e.. comp) test for the motor, and it's great! It really is. Only funny thing all day was a major bind up and the motor made a little fart squeak sound and then kept on chugging. If I stay in the throttle and keep the tires turning there is no stopping it. Never got over 115 I'd say based on what I think 110 feels like from all the 110 degree temp taking I've done. Has plenty of pep to hop and bump stuff, and more or less do everything you'd expect a crawler to do these days.

I think I set the truck up to work on 8 of 10 gates per course. I had some troubles because I was too low. While it seemed to work beautifully where I test it, where we comp'd kicked it's butt on 2 gates on each of the 3 courses. Why didn't I adjust stuff right there? I don't know! I drank too much caffeine and rushed through things too, which is unlike me entirely, but in the end I still landed on the podium. That's good. Still beating Bergs and I still ain't got dig.

Made some changes. Before the comp I added three ounces of weight to the front wheels so I could try to throw the front end up the ledges anticipating problematic courses for a low no dig shafty (and I was right!).

After the comp I raised the thing back up to the middle hole on the shock tower arm.

Oh, I guess that's it for now... more soon though. Overdrive the front and shock piston stuff.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Truck looked good, the drive does need to stop drinking caffeinated beverages before her runs though..

Although I have no room to talk.

Novak finally added what the goat was missing with the addition of 3s, as much as I love brushed motors, that setup looked good

yadda yadda...
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #77
MODERATOR™

"Self, totally lay off the alky caffeine drinks."

Very unusual of me to want go before anyone too. Weird day.

The 3S Goat is nice, but it's the motor that does the trick in the truck. I could have ran their 2S with it.

Yada.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #78
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Update, follow up, whatever!

First real (i.e.. comp) test for the motor, and it's great! It really is. Only funny thing all day was a major bind up and the motor made a little fart squeak sound and then kept on chugging. If I stay in the throttle and keep the tires turning there is no stopping it. Never got over 115 I'd say based on what I think 110 feels like from all the 110 degree temp taking I've done. Has plenty of pep to hop and bump stuff, and more or less do everything you'd expect a crawler to do these days.

I think I set the truck up to work on 8 of 10 gates per course. I had some troubles because I was too low. While it seemed to work beautifully where I test it, where we comp'd kicked it's butt on 2 gates on each of the 3 courses. Why didn't I adjust stuff right there? I don't know! I drank too much caffeine and rushed through things too, which is unlike me entirely, but in the end I still landed on the podium. That's good. Still beating Bergs and I still ain't got dig.

Made some changes. Before the comp I added three ounces of weight to the front wheels so I could try to throw the front end up the ledges anticipating problematic courses for a low no dig shafty (and I was right!).

After the comp I raised the thing back up to the middle hole on the shock tower arm.

Oh, I guess that's it for now... more soon though. Overdrive the front and shock piston stuff.

Like I read your threads.. It too long and full b.s.

Cliff notes ?
Old 09-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Overdrive the front.
Huh? What? How?
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #80
MODERHATER™

Good news and good driving!

I may just have to spend the coin and go brushless on mine as well, I can't get the power I want the route I am going.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacon, beer