Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Knuckle weights. Offical thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

just placed my order and for the bent links they are awsomome
El Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #62
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo496 View Post
Just placed my order for Knuckle weights !!! Can't wait to get them installed and make some super steep climbs !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Matador View Post
just placed my order and for the bent links they are awsomome
Thanks for all the orders guys!!!

I guess everybody has been really wanting a weight system? Over half or what I made is already sold!

Get them while you can. I will have some more made but I am not sure how long that will be. I will update this thread and the one in the vendors section with the stock status.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #63
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo496 View Post
Just placed my order for Knuckle weights !!! Can't wait to get them installed and make some super steep climbs !!!
Sending PM about your order...
Old 11-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #64
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I need input from you guys on a couple of things.

The first thing I need input on is whether the rings being 1.5 O.D. and 1 I.D. is the best choice. I dont have every wheel in my possession to check which would be best. Obviously I know they fit a DH hub and I am guessing a SLW hub would easily fit with extra room. How about the rest of the wheels? I did check to see the weight difference of doing .750 I.D. It would be approx .2 oz per ring. Not a lot but if it fits for most I could do it. You could also turn down a DH hub in the lathe for more clearance but your losing some weight and gaining some. I didnt think it was worth it, even for myself.
Going back to this....

A lot that have ordered are getting multiple extra rings. It would be nice to know what you guys can end up putting on. If you can put on .500" worth of rings on it would be best if you ran a 1- .250" spacer and 2- .100" spacers rather than 4- .100" spacers.

If you guys can let me know what you come up with we can figure out a thicker ring. a .250 ring would only be approx $17 a set vs. a .100 ring that is $15 a set. Almost saving you guys half... Almost all the cost in these rings is in machine time and that will not change much.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

I believe you've taken measurements for a 600 hub and 1'' SLW. I know a few are running 725 hubs, I was planning to also. So thats another 0.125 worth of clearence over the 600's. And one extra ring. I had planned to run the knuckle weights plus three rings. I've only run Vp wheels. I imagen an Eritex(sp?) comp solid or heavy would be as if running a stock wheel? I cant speak for Mayhem or others
Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #66
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneed View Post
I imagen an Eritex(sp?) comp solid or heavy would be as if running a stock wheel? I cant speak for Mayhem or others

I run the Comp Heavy's ....... theres nothing you can use past the hex on an Axial offset one.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #67
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I run the Comp Heavy's ....... theres nothing you can use past the hex on an Axial offset one.
The only measurements I have taken are from a Vanquish DH pro comp and a stock LCC wheel.

LCC cannot take any extra rings without modification.

DH pro comp with 585 hub can take .200 worth

DH pro comp with 460 hub can take .100 worth

DH pro comp with 335 hub can take no extra rings

I would think the SLW could take quite a bit more?? With a 600 hub maybe .400 (4 rings) ??
Old 11-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #68
Sometimes, I make things.

What is the OD on the weight itself?
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #69
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
what is the od on the weight itself?
1.5"
Old 11-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

For SLW hubs you can take the measurement of the hub and minus .053" to find the distance from the outside of the wheel hex to the inside of the spokes (at least on V1's with Losi hubs).

So...
475's = .422"
600's = .547"
725's = .672"
850's = .797"
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #71
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
For SLW hubs you can take the measurement of the hub and minus .053" to find the distance from the outside of the wheel hex to the inside of the spokes (at least on V1's with Losi hubs).

So...
475's = .422"
600's = .547"
725's = .672"
850's = .797"
Good info, thanks.

I assume most wil be running 475's or 600's? That is a lot of extra room. A 600 could fit a total of 4.8oz including the knuckle weight.

Looks like a .200 or even a .300 would be best in that situation.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:11 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

I run slw v1 with. 725 hubs. I didn't realize how much room I would have. Count me in for some extra weight when I get mine and do the math. Sounds like its gonna get tons of weight out of my wheels. Big gain for my rig. !
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #73

My set is in the mail. Can't wait to see how they work with the stock wheels. I have some lead weight to add just like in the pictures. I hope I will be able to do it without any clearance issues so I can get all of the weight out of my wheels!
bigshoe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #74
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrigcustoms View Post
I run slw v1 with. 725 hubs. I didn't realize how much room I would have. Count me in for some extra weight when I get mine and do the math. Sounds like its gonna get tons of weight out of my wheels. Big gain for my rig. !
I am excited to see how it will turn out.

When you get more rings we will have to get longer screws too. I just thought of this. The screws I am sending are good for 1-4 rings (4.3oz total). I will have to get some that are good for 4-7 also.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #75
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshoe83 View Post
My set is in the mail. Can't wait to see how they work with the stock wheels. I have some lead weight to add just like in the pictures. I hope I will be able to do it without any clearance issues so I can get all of the weight out of my wheels!
Awesome!

Let us know what you come up with.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #76
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Ok, I think I have this all figured out...

This next go around I am going to make what I already have but I am also going to make some rings that are .300 wide. If you buy the complete kit this will give you 2 rings to work with that are .100 wide. Then, if you need/can fit more weight you can buy a set of .300 wide rings. This will give you the option of running every increment from .000 to .500 (half inch thick). If you still can fit more on that that you could buy another set of .300 rings and you could then have every option from .000 to .800 Thats approx 6.5oz!

Doing it this way should keep costs much more in control than having to buy 8 .100 spacers on each side. I think I can have the .300 spacers pretty close to the same price as the .100 since a ton of the cost is labor and will have the same amount of waste.

I should have these new spacers when I get my next batch in about 2-3 weeks.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Good to hear the above posted info !!! I have HR wheels and I have no idea how much weight I can stack in there, so I will probably be ordering the .300 plates. I will be sure to post what fits in case anyone else is running the HR wheels as well.
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

I got mine!!

I was surprised how quickly I got them since I ordered them during the week of Thanksgiving.

They look just awesome and I can't wait to test them out....however that is temporarily on hold as these weights won't work with my HR knuckles. Also shopping around for new wheels to get the maximum benefit from the weights as I am now somewhat limited with the stock plastic wheel.

Losi AL knuckles on order now........
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Got mine today and they are freakin awsome. I can fit 2 rings on rc4wd low boyz. Now I've got the low cog of the knuckle weights and the low cog of the pendulum weights in the low boyz. I've got quite a few adjustment options for the front. Thanks eric for the quality parts.
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #80
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Awesome guys. I am excited to see how you guys like them.

I should have some new wheels here soon so I should be able to see how much weight we can slam on these puppies. I am hoping with the right wheel setup we can get 6oz or so per side.