Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Knuckle weights. Offical thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:30 AM   #81
Sometimes, I make things.

I would like to order some here soon, I have some OE berg wheels that I think will fit a crapload of weights due to them being dished out so much. I will just order the main weight, I can make the rings easily myself, wasting brass to get my machine setup right to make the main weight would outweigh the cost of just buying them from you
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #82

these weights are awesome!!! I still have the stock Losi wheels so I can't fit any rings yet but hope to soon have some Vanquish with wide offset for more weight on the knuckles!
bigshoe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #83

Got mine yesterday. can't wait to get some time with them.

B.
bluedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #84

I got mine today and i can fit 6 rings per side on a set of slw v1s .7 with 600 hubs i think its just a little over 5 oz per side looks like i need to order some more rings
bradjfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #85
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Good to hear...

I want some reviews! LOL. I am dying to know how you guys like them. World of difference on mine. I want to know if I am crazy or not.

I have some SLW V4's (.7 wide with 600 hubs and 725's). I will post up on how they work out. Looks like at least 5.3 oz per side on the 600's or 5.8 with 725's.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Knuckle weights are AWESOME !!!

Erik....You're not CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had mine on for several days now and have had the chance to run through most of my local crawl spots including the local indoor comp course. To say it in 2 words: HUGE IMPROVEMENT

Currently my rig weighs 5.75 lbs. at ready to run. I have heavy HR berg wheels and Rovers with beat down foams and 6 oz. of lead in each front wheel. The install is SUPER EASY, just a tiny set screw holds them on ROCK SOLID !!! The machining and quality on these are nothing short of what you expect from Dlux. These things are nicely made, I have alot of metal working expierence and these are NICE !!! Although, I did have to shave a tiny little bit of brass away with my dremel for my custom steering set up. On my steering I use Losi upper link Rod ends with a delrin link. I have never had a Losi upper rod end fail, so I used those for the steering for a little extra beef. Well they are slightly larger diameter than other rod ends so they hit on the brass knuckle weight. So I weighed them before I shaved them and after and the scale read the same weight. I barely had to take any off but just fyi if you use these rod ends you may need to shave just a little off. I didn't know what my wheels could hold so I bought one brass plate for each side, figuring I would order more (and I have already). I then removed 3 oz. of weight out of each front wheel. I immeadiately noticed a HUGE POWER increase, so much LESS rotating mass that my Losi Brushless 21.5 has to push. I am running a 20 tooth pinion and I think I could go up a couple of teeth just by taking 3 oz. out of the tires and bolting on the knuckle weights

The rig dosent get bound up in the rough stuff either I can just power right through things and before with the 20 tooth and 6 oz in each tire, it was border line and I had to use dig alot to keep from getting bound up. Not anymore, it just powers up and right through things It is so much more planted when doing super steep climbs as well. I have several impossible climbs that I try after I make an adjustment in the rig. Each time I mark how far I am able to make it up. Right off the bat my LCC with the knuckle weights made it 2-3 inches farther than I have EVER made it before. And best of all it didn't flip back wards like it normally would have. I can't wait for the rest of my plates to get here, I found that my wheels will hold at least .416 of weight plates if not more. I will update when I do some more measuring. The rig is so much more planted when doing side hills as well, it seems so much more predictable, I don't worry about rolling nearly as much.

Last week I took 5th at a indoor comp course against 15 MOA's. The course was stacked with obstacles set up for MOA's, and I got hung up on a serious break over climb on each course that badly hurt my point score. After installing the knuckle weights I went and hit those two courses and it was amazing how much better my rig performed on those courses I was blown away. The two obstacles that I had to make 10 attempts at while comping where super easy with the knuckle weights. I made it first try on one and second try on the other. And again my rig was able to glide through the course so much smoother because it didn't get all bound up. I'm pissed that I didn't have the knuckle weights a week earlier, I could have easily placed in the top 3

I also noticed that when you have to pull and shoot over a break over it is so much more controlled and straight with these weights. With 3 oz still in each wheel, I am still able to right myself very easily. I would say that it is just as easy as when I had 6 oz in each front wheel.

If anyone is wondering, these worked great with the Losi 20* inner C's. As Erik stated they will limit your steering throw slightly. And you can choose to leave it or dremel either the brass knuckle weight or the inner C. I chose to dremel the C and was able to achieve the great steering angles I had previously.

Erik, can the weight plates have a smaller I.D. than 1"?????? It seems like I have a ton of room to fit a plate that had less than a 1" I.D. thus making the plates heavier in a same or thinner format....?? If so, do you need measurements from us???

If you want:
-increased power
-increased wheel speed
-increased climbing ability
-increased stability
-increased run time
-increased drive train life
-increased rig confidence
-increased dates with Hot chicks....

Then you need some Dlux knuckle weights !!!!!!!

These have made a Huge improvement in all of the places that I like to crawl at. I can not wait until next week when I can Comp with them. It's like my secret little weapon I am confident when my additional weight plates arrive I will be removing even more weight out of my front wheels.

Thank you Dlux

Last edited by Toyo496; 12-02-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #87
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo496 View Post
It's like my secret little weapon
Nice write up thanks!

The above is exactly how I feel. They give you that edge that is not easy for others to have.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #88
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I only have a couple sets left..... If you dont get them now I should have more in awhile. I just want to be fair with everybody so its first come first serve.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #89
RCC Addict

Ordered....can't wait to check these out!!
clarkrw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #90
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Ordered....can't wait to check these out!!
Thanks!

I have ONE set left.......
Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #91
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Thanks!

I have ONE set left.......
And sold...

I still have a couple of .100 rings left if anybody needs them.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Default weights

erik im loving the weights. ive got 3 rings per side, and can probably fit 3-4 more each. im running slw v1 1" with 725 hubs in the front (similar to you) should b able to run the same weight, so let us know what you can fit, and definately lmk when u get the bigger weights, im thinking alittle more weight and this lcc is gonna b perfect.
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
If you want:
-increased power
-increased wheel speed
-increased climbing ability
-increased stability
-increased run time
-increased drive train life
-increased rig confidence
-increased dates with Hot chicks....

Then you need some Dlux knuckle weights !!!!!!!

LOL.

Seriously though... really great write up. Hopefully I'll be able to score a set with some Christmas $$.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
And sold...

I still have a couple of .100 rings left if anybody needs them.
Thanks, I got the last knuckle weight set. Don't have the LCC yet though. In anticipation of delivery next week.
Looking forward to trying them out.

Last edited by Arrio; 12-03-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: clarify
Arrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #95
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Erik, can the weight plates have a smaller I.D. than 1"?????? It seems like I have a ton of room to fit a plate that had less than a 1" I.D. thus making the plates heavier in a same or thinner format....?? If so, do you need measurements from us???
And then for some odd reason I sat down to relax tonight and I remembered that I forgot to reply to this...

To answer the question, yes, the weights could have a smaller I.D. it was thought of initially but this is the feedback I needed earlier from you guys (and nobody had anything to say)

The only aftermarket wheel I had to go off of was the DH wheel. The hub measures .900 O.D. So, 1" I.D. is pretty close for that wheel.

I ran one that had a .750 I.D. It did not have the holes drilled and tapered out for the screws. It weighs 19g vs. the ones I am selling now at 13g.

Keep in mind that I cannot stock a bunch of increments. Keeping inventory on these can get expensive. If its really going to help a lot of us by using a smaller I.D. I would do it.

What measurements are you guys getting for your hubs/what would be a good I.D. for the weight?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Hmmmm....My HR Berg offset wheels have a hub that is slighlty larger than the hex (at work, dont have the wheels with me...) I will have to measure and repost. But mine for sure could handle a weight that had a much smaller I.D.

I understand stocking all types of weights would be pricey. My wheels may be the exception to the rule, I would make the weights to fit most of the vanquish and stock type wheels.
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

I could use a smaller ID with my rc4wd low boyz. The thickness around the hex is some were around a 16th( I haven't measured but its not very thick). Or you could sell the plates with no hole and we could drill our own. You could even mark the center of the weight with a punch to make it easy to find center so ppl will know where to drill the whole. Just my 2 cents.
P.S great products eric, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #98

So this is probably taboo to post in a Losi thread but oh well. One of ur VERY satisfied knuckle weight customers said he though u were thinking of make some for the XR10, any word on that rumor? Stock or VP? PM me to keep this from the poor Losi guys LOL JK guys, I had a Losi but bailed before this BADASS came out with real worms!!!
Chaos314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #99
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos314 View Post
So this is probably taboo to post in a Losi thread but oh well. One of ur VERY satisfied knuckle weight customers said he though u were thinking of make some for the XR10, any word on that rumor? Stock or VP? PM me to keep this from the poor Losi guys LOL JK guys, I had a Losi but bailed before this BADASS came out with real worms!!!
Yeah, as soon as I get some time the next thing I am going to work on is XR10 weights and Berg weights. I will post in the appropriate sections soon.

Thanks for the interest!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #100
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Going back to my idea of throwing more weight around the O.D.

I originally wanted to make some rings out of Brass but the material cost was way too high. I found some steel sitting around in the shop that had the right diameter so I made a couple of pieces. I am really happy with the way they turned out and really happy with how much they weigh. I dont think they are in as good as a spot as the rings that bolt on the knuckle piece but its still better than the wheel.

I made two different sizes. The first is 3.4oz each and the second is 2.0oz each. It will be nice to have these and be able to manipulate the weight so much.