LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 06:49 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Redcat IROK vs Gmade MT1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
So what's the difference in foams?

Which foams are you running?

Pretty sure that the grey/ sport foams are firmer but that's only b/c I can't imagine using a softer foam than the white/ pros and still having good results. I'm running the Pro foams it looks like.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
These are great looking tires in that not quite too large category like the Vaterra Swampers. I really like the tread pattern of both company's Swampers!
Vaterra TSL SX Swampers specs from RPP Hobby
Size mounted on Gear Head 1.9 EZ-Loc Wheels is 4.55" Tall x 1.69" Wide

The G-Made MT1904 tires are ugly non-scale tires.

I have to agree about the looks! That was the one thing that bothered me about the 1904's on this particular rig... They just didn't seem to fit no matter what wheel they might go onto. I was really desperate to find a super-aggressive tire though. And I'm sure that they would have been great... maybe even better than these IROK's but here I am a couple weeks later and still loving the way these look as well as how they perform so ...win/ win!
Old 08-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I’ll trade a little performance for the great looks.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:42 AM   #44

I was never really fond of most of the Super Swamper tires because they all had a very rounded-over appearance. The redcat version is the one exception. They have a very squared off profile that looks much more like the full size version.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I was never really fond of most of the Super Swamper tires because they all had a very rounded-over appearance. The redcat version is the one exception. They have a very squared off profile that looks much more like the full size version.

I think this also factors into my fondness of these over the other variants out there. Not always easy to achieve a decent scale look while maintaining performance but I think that these fir the bill nicely. The smaller OD of the Redcat IROK's also seems to work well inside the Bronco fender-wells. Appearance aside... I've also got some TSL SX Swampers ( I forget what brand atm) that have a hard time getting a good bite in certain conditions due at least in part to their more rounded shoulders.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:18 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

so far these tires on stock foams seem to perform better than the stock ascender and trx4 tires, they feel nice and sticky, i can only imagine they can only get better with better foams, anyways i am headed for a comp on sunday, i ma taking the ascender and tactical trx4 on redcat rubber see how they fair against the rest out there.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:45 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Really interested to see how they do at the comp! Best of luck.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

i have a mixed results report, i took a set of iroks on redcat wheels ( these wheels let air out really nice) on the trx4, my son drove that in the novice class and did pretty good for his first comp, 6th out of 15 participants, i could tell right of the bat that these tires can be pretty good on jagged edge rocks, and loose dirt on his run, these are the grey stock foams, i feel better foams would help a lot, then i went with some cheap plastic beadlocks on the vaterra ascender and no air holes, the tires had grip but bounced all over the place( same foams as the ones on the trx4) they did really nice on mud didn't bounce around in there, the difference in weight of both cars and the air venting definetly made an impact on the way these tires behaved, with weight and venting they reponded almost linearly to directions input, on the other hand the set with less wieght and no air venting turned them into almost undriveable tires because they were all over the place...so my assesment is, they are a great all around tires that can contend with the better known brands out there, just need to fine tune them, i am getting better foams for them and will report back after that.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Iroks doing some work...
Attached Images

Redcat IROK vs Gmade MT1904 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swaping Redcat Everest 10 chassis to gmade r1 #lifebehindbars General Crawlers 10 07-07-2018 07:01 PM
Gmade MT1904 sawhead Tires and Wheels 16 04-06-2018 02:11 PM
My Gmade R1 RedCat Kcsport Redcat Crawlers 16 03-08-2013 06:50 PM
Gmade r1 Redcat, Rebuild Kcsport Redcat Crawlers 5 06-07-2011 06:57 PM