Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: scale chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default scale chassis

anyone make their own chassis out of aluminum c channels at a lhs? If so what did you use to connect the pieces? I want to make a ecx oriented chassis for my ax10
fitisbamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #2

Default Re: scale chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitisbamg View Post
anyone make their own chassis out of aluminum c channels at a lhs? If so what did you use to connect the pieces? I want to make a ecx oriented chassis for my ax10
The "SEARCH" function up in the forum toolbar is a great help for simple questions.

The major advantage to using the search function is when you do have a question... Instead of creating a thread and waiting and waiting , potentially even never receiving a response from anyone.... the search function is instant gratification. Sure, you might need to weed out a few useless posts, but overall with a little effort and reading, you will surely find an answer to your question.
RCC archives are an endless wealth of info!

A simple C Channel Frame search brought endless threads...
Here are a few off the top

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-s...r-project.html

cheap WK based build

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-s...*********.html

project CJ 5

custom flat bed tow rig

Old Skool DC Blazer build for the Old Man

Fj build

Behind Enemy Lines

custom CXT tow rig/crawler build thread

c-channel cutting

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Ya I see all these are either "L" channel frames or welded, has anyone used solder to make the connection the metal?
Old 10-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

you could ad my build thread where I made on own C channel frame members to give ya another idea ....

my TT build thread........
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
you could ad my build thread where I made on own C channel frame members to give ya another idea ....

my TT build thread........
where did you find the materials? and how did you bend it without kinking the metal?
Old 10-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
where did you find the materials? and how did you bend it without kinking the metal?
STOP!!!!!!!!

Hey buddy, before you ask another question, let's just take a day and do some reading and looking... in Bob's thread (see link) it clearly sates under one of the picture where he got his material and how he did the deed. I found it as soon as I clicked and looked (literally 3 seconds). NO bad on you, you're excited, I understand, but let's take time to go through the process. Check in at the newbie section, or if you don't want to do that, read for a month then start asking questions... I mean it, a MONTH. You'll be tellin us how to do sh!t if you do that.

Godd luck buddy
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
STOP!!!!!!!!

Hey buddy, before you ask another question, let's just take a day and do some reading and looking... in Bob's thread (see link) it clearly sates under one of the picture where he got his material and how he did the deed. I found it as soon as I clicked and looked (literally 3 seconds). NO bad on you, you're excited, I understand, but let's take time to go through the process. Check in at the newbie section, or if you don't want to do that, read for a month then start asking questions... I mean it, a MONTH. You'll be tellin us how to do sh!t if you do that.

Godd luck buddy

i looked through it, its an amazing build dont get me wrong there are 7 pages... and no offence but he doesnt say it on the first page so idk how you got the answer in 3 sec., he says he got cut off wheels at home depot but not the chassis.... i dont want to go read around, i miss stuff when i read, i have been toying with rcs for 10+ yrs but only recently cared to make my own stuff -_- ill look again at his pages and see if i can find it though

Last edited by fitisbamg; 10-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i looked through it, its an amazing build dont get me wrong there are 7 pages... and no offence but he doesnt say it on the first page so idk how you got the answer in 3 sec., he says he got cut off wheels at home depot but not the chassis.... i dont want to go read around, i miss stuff when i read, i have been toying with rcs for 10+ yrs but only recently cared to make my own stuff -_- ill look again at his pages and see if i can find it though
I think this says a lot to anyone that was going to or was trying to help you out.

You'll burn bridges real fast with stuff like this, read read and read some more. Search and search and then search again you'll find answers to almost every question you can think of w/o having to start a thread like this.

There are numerous threads on this subject and in almost everyone of them it's indicated where to get the supplies. FYI Home Depot sells all kinds of building goodies that a lot of us use. Everyone here is willing to help and answer questions when info is not readily available. But you'll see people get irritable really easily when something like this pops up and it's been asked over and over and over again and with a minute of searching the answer can be easily found.

--Dan

Last edited by sickcivic95; 10-07-2013 at 05:35 PM.
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickcivic95 View Post
I think this says a lot to anyone that was going to or was trying to help you out.

You'll burn bridges real fast with stuff like this, read read and read some more. Search and search and then search again you'll find answers to almost every question you can think of w/o having to start a thread like this.

There are numerous threads on this subject and in almost everyone of them it's indicated where to get the supplies. FYI Home Depot sells all kinds of building goodies that a lot of us use. Everyone here is willing to help and answer questions when info is not readily available. But you'll see people get irritable really easily when something like this pops up and it's been asked over and over and over again and with a minute of searching the answer can be easily found.

--Dan

So, than whats the point of a forum?

Answer
In short: A forum is a question and answer bulletin board.
In long: A forum is a place where users of a particular product or service may go to ask questions about the product/service they acquired. Of course, asking the question is not enough, other users need to supply an answer (in addition to staff).

What is a forum

So the guy comes in here and searches, not finding a specific enough answer.
he posts a question only to get flamed by a person or multiple people who would rather be a downer to the hobby instead of giving some helpful advise to get the guy going on the right track. Great help you fellas are.
now make sure you dont pat your selfs on the back too hard. you might hurt your selfs.

I quit counting how many people I have talked to that wont use this site for this exact reason.

What ever happened to treating others the way you would like to be treated???

so you are you saying he needs to search for joe bobs bronco build to find out what materials to use or where to get the materials.
I sure hope not. we were all noobs once and the answers were to come up with your own ideas or wade through 600 threads hoping to find an answer before next xmas.
hopefully we as a like minded group could take 10 seconds out of our nonstop lives to answer a question or at least copy and paste a damn link.
if thats too much, why bother posting at all?? Home life not so good? work getting you down? trying to boost your post count?? or are you trying to make this a place not worth visiting,unless you like to be flamed for asking a question.

I thought this hobby was to be enjoyed not turned into a fire fight.

my .02
op- try your local hardware stores for the material you need.

Last edited by envious8420; 10-08-2013 at 04:47 AM.
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

thank you! For real! I just have a simple question, has anyone heard of soldering the frame together? I don't have access to a welder, I have searched for multiple ways of phrasing it but I cannot fond the answer, sorry to the flamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by envious8420 View Post
So, than whats the point of a forum?

Answer
In short: A forum is a question and answer bulletin board.
In long: A forum is a place where users of a particular product or service may go to ask questions about the product/service they acquired. Of course, asking the question is not enough, other users need to supply an answer (in addition to staff).

What is a forum

So the guy comes in here and searches, not finding a specific enough answer.
he posts a question only to get flamed by a person or multiple people who would rather be a downer to the hobby instead of giving some helpful advise to get the guy going on the right track. Great help you fellas are.
now make sure you dont pat your selfs on the back too hard. you might hurt your selfs.

I quit counting how many people I have talked to that wont use this site for this exact reason.

so you are you saying he needs to search for joe bobs bronco build to find out what materials to use or where to get the materials.
I sure hope not. we were all noobs once and the answers were to come up with your own ideas or wade through 600 threads hoping to find an answer before next xmas.
hopefully we as a like minded group could take 10 seconds out of our nonstop lives the answer or at least copy and paste a damn link.

op- try your local hareware stores for the material you need.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

It's called brazing rather than soldering and there's a sticky thread in the tools and procedure area. Good luck!

Sent from tinker room pro
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote