Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Hello everyone, hope you enjoy my build. I'm brand new to RC & I hope you all enjoy my build as much as I have the other builds on this forum. Special thanks to Ernie & Marcia for helping me out with my first crawler!

Just got it in the mail yesterday. Didn't have any solder wire to solder the xt60 connectors for the motor leads. So I just got to look at it. Here it is on my work bench.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Today I soldered my xt60 connectors & installed the hobby wing 1080 ESC. Got to take it for a spin on my backyard course :-) It did great until the stock steering servo got way too hot on the 6v from the internal bec & didn't want to respond very good. So I switched it out with a 20kg to find I need a 3 inch extension for my servo lead. Since I didn't have one I put it through the service port on the transmitter. So I could finish my ride. Here's a couple pics. Charger & other battery should be here tomorrow. More pics to come.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:44 AM   #3
RCC Addict

If things are tight due to the initial purchase, just PM me. I've got an extra 6" lead you can have if you need it.

Btw... That's the same servo that I've got in both my TRX4's... So far it's been a champ. Congrats on the acquisition!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:02 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Smile Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
If things are tight due to the initial purchase, just PM me. I've got an extra 6" lead you can have if you need it.

Btw... That's the same servo that I've got in both my TRX4's... So far it's been a champ. Congrats on the acquisition!
Thanks brotha! Talked to my LHS they have them for $3-$6 I think I can swing that. Also need to grab some body clips while I'm there.

That servo seems to do a hell of a lot better then the stock one. Have to set my end points before I run it again. Still isn't super powerful, but I'll be easy on it till I can get a Super Servo! I'm hoping I don't have to many issues getting my Imax B6AC-V2 charger set up & charging this evening when I get home from work. Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 05-04-2018 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #5
Gold Star Baby!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the trx4 party!
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Thanks brotha! Talked to my LHS they have them for $3-$6 I think I can swing that. Also need to grab some body clips while I'm there.

That servo seems to do a hell of a lot better then the stock one. Have to set my end points before I run it again. Still isn't super powerful, but I'll be easy on it till I can get a Super Servo! I'm hoping I don't have to many issues getting my Imax B6AC-V2 charger set up & charging this evening when I get home from work. Hope everyone has a great day!
Hey Justin, Glad it all got to you in one piece. Now the fun begins, lots of free how to dos on here, but I'm sure you have already research all of that. In no time at all your shop will look like the photo I sent you. There is a great bunch of guys on here to help you out, but if you need anything at all let me know. After all your a member of the Codyboy Design team now!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Justin, Glad it all got to you in one piece. Now the fun begins, lots of free how to dos on here, but I'm sure you have already research all of that. In no time at all your shop will look like the photo I sent you. There is a great bunch of guys on here to help you out, but if you need anything at all let me know. After all your a member of the Codyboy Design team now!
Ernie
As you know brotha I have Damn sure have done allot of research. So much I thought my eyes & brain were gonna pop out. LoL! Can't wait till my shop looks like that! I'm extremely happy to be on the team! Thank you! Speaking of that I might have an idea for you. Not a big $ idea but some is better then none. You have allot more connections & knowledge in the rc world then I do. Just got done getting another bed full of Florida field stone for my back yard course. Will post some pics once I get time to build some more. Have a great day!
Old 05-04-2018, 11:02 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Here's a pic of the start of my back yard course. More to come soon. Hope to get a pass through, log pile & stump bridge built this weekend. Weather, wife & kids permitting

Old 05-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
After all your a member of the Codyboy Design team now!
Ernie
So envious!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the pack. That was a short lived story about your servo. Still a great truck for sure though. Jealous, you got a back yard coarse going. Thinking of doing the same on the side of my house. You know for thoses nights after you tuck the kids in and get off of work when you can't hit the trails.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Welcome to the pack. That was a short lived story about your servo. Still a great truck for sure though. Jealous, you got a back yard coarse going. Thinking of doing the same on the side of my house. You know for thoses nights after you tuck the kids in and get off of work when you can't hit the trails.
Thanks Levi! Yeah I was kinda surprised, but when you hook 6v to something that came with 1v pushing it stock. what can you really expect? I'm not real easy on stuff either. Kinda high expectations & like to push stuff to the limits. Use to do that with my 98' wrangler too. That's why it's just a frame & body right now. Definitely loving the trx-4 tho it's a bad@$$ rig! Mine will see more time on my backyard course then it will trails since I work 6 days a week. Got a little more done on the course this evening. Will post more pics tomorrow or Sunday. Charger & battery didn't show up today, but tracking says tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great night!

Old 05-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Hey Justin, I've been working on this off and on for 8 years, more off than on.

We can crawl across the Koi pond and the water fall. Need to be careful, the pond is 4 feet deep.

Here is Jordon at the right side of the pond.

Dry river bed going 40 ft behind my shop.

At the end of the river bed and onto "Marcia's Rock garden "

The Rock,

Going to be adding on a little this summer!

So bit by bit you will get there!

Ernie
Old 05-05-2018, 09:08 AM   #13
RCC Addict

That's awesome Ernie! Hope mine turns out that nice. You sure have some beautiful property. I'm jealous! Have a great day!
Old 05-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #14
RCC Addict

My charger & battery came in yesterday. The Imax B6AC-V2 & turnigy nano 2650. Setting up the charger was easy & everything charged perfectly in under 1 1/2hrs it had the nano & 2200 turnigy charged.

I'm really impressed with this rig. The trx-4 is awesome! I don't think I could be happier. I have already seen so many times that not having the portal axles would have had me hung up. There are definitely times where unlocking the rear diff has helped crawling as well.

Got some time working on the backyard course yesterday after work. Also got to run 2 packs through the truck between the last 2 days. Here are some pics.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I love the way this thing flexes

Old 05-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #16
Gold Star Baby!

Nice rock collection you have there.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Here's a little video. https://youtu.be/0cZZZzaX1jk

Old 05-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
I love the way this thing flexes

I love it, that is why I do what I do in this hobby!!!
Ernie
Old 05-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Cool vid! You appear accommodating of some light scratches on that new paint lol.

If you're impressed now, just wait till you upgrade the tires & foams. Steel wheels, brass or steel portal covers, etc... and the TRX4 becomes a real monster on the rocks!
Old 05-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #20
RCC Addict

I plan on collecting some more that's just what I've acquired in the past few weeks . As for scratches.... I knew they would come so.... why wait? I wanna see what I can do with this thing & I love it. Can't wait to put some weight on it & do the truck bed mod. Can't afford to do anything pricey right now. Maybe for father's day I'll get something good for it. I think I'm going to cut the small lug on tires off. They're pretty good tires. Definitely need some stiffer foams tho. Got a list just gotta wait a bit. Working on some other body mods. Pics to come. Have a great day!

AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Defender Adventure (and some mudding) Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 10-10-2017 07:30 PM
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM