Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > U4RC
Loading

Notices

Thread: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 409
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Just my .02, I don't care about the tires but would like to see the 2.2 trophy minimum weight get dropped. The 8lb minimum seems high.
Thanks for the input Michael. The reason behind the 8lb. minimum limit in 2.2 Trophy is to keep LIKE rigs running in the same class. If we dropped the limit further (it used to be 8.5lbs) it would make a huge swing weight wise in that class. Meaning we would have 11-12lbs rigs racing against 6-7lb rigs. That makes a possible 40-50%+ difference in rig weights. IMO unfair. We developed the 2.2 Comp class to cover the lighter rigs and keep similar rigs racing together.

I know some people like to win a race by having a huge "RIG" advantage over their competitor. We lean more toward keeping the classes as fair as possible so the "BETTER DRIVER" wins.

K4L is correct in the fact that it can be a challenge to make a "scale" class rig that is below 7 1/2-8lbs RTR. (although it can be done).

I personally had to remove "scale" items to get my rig down closer to the minimum weight limit for the class.

Hope this info helps.
axelsnapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 01:29 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pioneer, 95666
Posts: 397
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

as far as the cut-n-shuts go (I know, the horse is dead), I'd like to give my opinion as a guy looking forward to getting into U4RC style racing since there is a track opening up near me:

If you start allowing C-N-S tires, it's going to get too specialized, too quick, to be competitive or even have fun getting into it. Much like a lot of the complaints about the Supers in crawling. If you make it too complicated, no one new is going to want to do it. the whole point of racing is to try to "work around" the rules anyway, not try to change them to your advantage.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Out in the country
Posts: 352
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

---slamming each other off track, on board paintball action, maybe even some fire, and a tequila shot after every lap. [/QUOTE]


wow!!! that would a blast for sure.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Redlands
Posts: 448
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

After checking out the rules, I decided it's time to get a drive for my Wraith. I have the stock interior, no mods to that. What is the typical size of action figure to use for the driver?
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #105
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
After checking out the rules, I decided it's time to get a drive for my Wraith. I have the stock interior, no mods to that. What is the typical size of action figure to use for the driver?
6 to 8 inches tall
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Redlands
Posts: 448
Default

Perfect, thanks Jerry
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #107
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: OC
Posts: 616
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

WOW! Six classes now, geez, I hope we don't have a night race...lol

We will be there till the next day! haha

Cool, love to see the expansion, will let more people compete in more classes.
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #108
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
WOW! Six classes now, geez, I hope we don't have a night race...lol We will be there till the next day! haha Cool, love to see the expansion, will let more people compete in more classes.
some of the class run together just scored different
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #109
Wanna get? Gotta want.
 
Erik D_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 7,052
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place for this question....

I was told that my knuckles were not allowed to be run on these cars. Can somebody be SPECIFIC and let me know the reason?

Thank you.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Redlands
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Hey guys, I hope this is the right place for this question....

I was told that my knuckles were not allowed to be run on these cars. Can somebody be SPECIFIC and let me know the reason?

Thank you.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's because your knuckles are weighted. Which isn't allowed per the rules.
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #111
Wanna get? Gotta want.
 
Erik D_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 7,052
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Nothing is said in the rules about knuckles being "weighted" that I can find.

This is the only thing I could find:

"Weights on axle are not allowed"
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:06 PM   #112
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Hey guys, I hope this is the right place for this question.... I was told that my knuckles were not allowed to be run on these cars. Can somebody be SPECIFIC and let me know the reason? Thank you.
Specific they are not scale. You don't see 1:1 rigs with big brass weights by the knuckles. We also believe they are not need in rock racing. In scale comps and regular comps I can see where you might want them. We have yet to have a track built where that much weight on the front axle is needed. So far I think Glen Helen is the only track that has a steep climb and most of those racers don't even run weighted wheels. I hope this helps you in understanding why we said no to knuckle weights.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #113
Wanna get? Gotta want.
 
Erik D_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 7,052
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
Specific they are not scale. You don't see 1:1 rigs with big brass weights by the knuckles. ....................................I hope this helps you in understanding why we said no to knuckle weights.
I am not talking about my knuckle weights, I am talking about my knuckles.

Dlux custom knuckles V2!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #114
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I am not talking about my knuckle weights, I am talking about my knuckles.

Dlux custom knuckles V2!
I looked at the forum and your website. You yourself call them knuckle weights. I looked at the delrin pictures and on the inside in view there were six nuts on the back. They don't look scale. I understand you have put a lot of time and energy into designing these but the set up is not scale and we try to keep it scale.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #115
Wanna get? Gotta want.
 
Erik D_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 7,052
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Ok, so youre reasoning is because they dont look scale enough? It has nothing to do with how much they do or can weigh?
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #116
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Ok, so youre reasoning is because they dont look scale enough? It has nothing to do with how much they do or can weigh?
Yes it is because they don't look scale. If you can show me a 1:1 with something similar to your set up then we would consider changing the rule but for now it doesn't seem scale. Has for the weight has long has the car meets the class requirements we don't care how they get the weight within the rules. For what they do I don't think it would be advantage, but I don't own a set or even tried a set. I really believe it puts the weight in the wrong spot for rock racing U4RC style. I know the Utah Guys have there own style of rock racing so it might work for that.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #117
Wanna get? Gotta want.
 
Erik D_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 7,052
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
Yes it is because they don't look scale. If you can show me a 1:1 with something similar to your set up then we would consider changing the rule but for now it doesn't seem scale.
I dont really think its fair to have to find something similar since I am guessing you could not do the same for your knuckles but I am not sure I want to get into the whole "my stuff looks scale, yours does not" debate. I think we could both agree that everybody has their own version and there will never be good enough for some. However...... I think they look just like the Toyota knuckles, bolts for the arms and all. Sure, you could pick it apart and say that there is a hole or bracket here and there but I could do the same with yours. Bottom line, there is a knuckle that has a round shape, flat tops and bolted on steering arms, just like the ones I make.








Last edited by Erik D_lux; 04-19-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #118
Wanna get? Gotta want.
 
Erik D_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 7,052
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Pretty darn close to me.




Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Redlands
Posts: 448
Default

I'd agree with you on those. I actually run a set of 6-shooters.
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #120
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Pretty darn close to me.




I see your point and I will be talking with Brian and Jerry. If you could please give me a call when you have time. thank you.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points Locked Up Scale Comp Rules 323 01-26-2011 10:10 PM
Sportsman Class rules? my proj. specs, will it be legal? crazyorigin Newbie General 2 06-14-2010 01:55 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com