Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2020, 02:54 AM   #181
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The Tekin T-360 servo was underwhelming on 6V. It locked ran out of power and bound up on more than one occasion.
For things like that I am afraid to spend so much on a servo, nor does the price assure you of the correct choice , i will try with Corally

Quote:
Because 8V will blow most receivers.
Indeed, something that many do not think before putting a receiver 7.4v
FREEDOM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
Indeed, something that many do not think before putting a receiver 7.4v

Oh I did think about that, 6 years ago when I made the switch to Sanwa.
Since then all my receivers have been able to take 2S Lipo (8,4V) and all those bought for scale applications have been waterproof as well.

So not "not thought about", just "not presently on mind" since it has been such a non-issue for me for so long.

@Jato: Just out of curiosity, may I ask what receivers you are using?
JoFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFreak View Post
Currently, I am using the FlySky GT5 system in this truck and the receiver is an FS-BS6.

https://www.flysky-cn.com/bs6-canshu
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:37 PM   #184
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Oh I did think about that, 6 years ago when I made the switch to Sanwa.
Since then all my receivers have been able to take 2S Lipo (8,4V) and all those bought for scale applications have been waterproof as well.

So not "not thought about", just "not presently on mind" since it has been such a non-issue for me for so long.

Currently gt3c , but now with the PRO is the moment for change , gt5 is the best choice by price/quality i think .
Old 03-04-2020, 07:10 AM   #185

Quote:
Currently gt3c , but now with the PRO is the moment for change , gt5 is the best choice by price/quality i think .
I agree with this. I much prefer the GT5 over the GT3C.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #186
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I agree with this. I much prefer the GT5 over the GT3C.
Of course, but I have to say that until today, the 8 channel reprogrammed gt3c has given me everything I need, and now I only change for the voltage of the receivers, but yes, the times change and must be updated.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:52 AM   #187

Quote:
Of course, but I have to say that until today, the 8 channel reprogrammed gt3c has given me everything I need, and now I only change for the voltage of the receivers, but yes, the times change and must be updated.
Yeah the GT3 can be hacked whereas I don't think the GT5 can be.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:46 AM   #188

Somebody, please remind me that I have the SSD SSD00349 8T/27T overdrive gear set for this truck in the Origin kit box so that I don’t buy another set when it comes time to install them!
Old 04-12-2020, 12:22 PM   #189

Quote:
Somebody, please remind me that I have the SSD SSD00349 8T/27T overdrive gear set for this truck in the Origin kit box so that I don’t buy another set when it comes time to install them!
Not to rain on your parade...
I have the same gear set and they don't fit in my Vanquish front F9 axle.

Fitment seems to generaly be an issue with those gears, anything apart from SSDs own axles and stock axial SCX10.2 axles seems to not work.
At least that's the info I have so far.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:48 PM   #190

Quote:
Not to rain on your parade...
I have the same gear set and they don't fit in my Vanquish front F9 axle.

Fitment seems to generaly be an issue with those gears, anything apart from SSDs own axles and stock axial SCX10.2 axles seems to not work.
At least that's the info I have so far.
Interesting. Thank you for the info. I'll look into it. If they don't work in the Vanquish axles I'll put the gears in my SCX10 III. So are people using Axial gears in Vanquish axles?
Old 04-12-2020, 03:13 PM   #191

Quote:
Interesting. Thank you for the info. I'll look into it. If they don't work in the Vanquish axles I'll put the gears in my SCX10 III. So are people using Axial gears in Vanquish axles?
Heard about those gears not fitting the Capra axles right after I ordered mine and then found out first hand about the VP F9 issues.
Haven't heard of anyone trying them in the D44 axles though, since the way the spool is mounted to the pinion is different, maybe tolerances are slightly different as well and it all works out?

No idea if they fit the SCX10.3 axles either.

I did however ask at Shupershafty, and he ensured me that the 6-bolt modified OD gears eh offers do fit VP axles.
As for the OD gears offered from Axial directly, have not heard anything about those yet...

If you find a place to put them let me know, I have a set sitting here that I have no use for so far.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:35 PM   #192

Quote:
Heard about those gears not fitting the Capra axles right after I ordered mine and then found out first hand about the VP F9 issues.
Haven't heard of anyone trying them in the D44 axles though, since the way the spool is mounted to the pinion is different, maybe tolerances are slightly different as well and it all works out?

No idea if they fit the SCX10.3 axles either.

I did however ask at Shupershafty, and he ensured me that the 6-bolt modified OD gears eh offers do fit VP axles.
As for the OD gears offered from Axial directly, have not heard anything about those yet...

If you find a place to put them let me know, I have a set sitting here that I have no use for so far.
I'll definitely let you know if I find a place for them. My Trail King already has OD gears so hopefully they fit the SCX10 III. Now that you mention it, I remember seeing in the Capra section guys saying the SSD gears weren't playing well with those axles though. To me, that indicates they may not play well with the SCX10 III axles.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:17 AM   #193
Quarry Creeper

I attempted to install SSD Overdrive gears in my Vanquish D44 axles. They were extremely notchy. I tried shimming the pinion outside the diff case, but it didn't help. I ended up pulling the SSD gears out and swapped in a set of Vanquish gears. The VP gears were smooth as silk in the D44's. I was able to use the SSD overdrive gears in my SSD Trail King axles, where they spun smooth.

I have now built about ten sets of AR44-type geared axles - ranging from stock Axial SCX10 II's, SSD Pro44, Diamond Pro, and Trail King, Vanquish D44, and Axial Capra axles. The first four of so sets of axles I built were all SSD's and the gear sets all had 3-bolt lockers. They all spun smooth with no shimming. But I started to have issues when the switchover to 6-bolt lockers happened. The last six or so sets of axles I've built have all had 6-bolt lockers, and I've had quite a few of them turn out crunchy to locked-up and unusable. Shimming has helped a little on a few of them, but some were so bad that the only thing that has really helped is swapping gear sets around among the axles to find a combination that works.

I'm really finding that only certain gear sets work well in certain axles. There's no clear rhyme or reason to it, but I have found that it can help to use gears made by the same manufacturer who makes the axles, and also to not try using older gearsets in newer axles. But that's not always consistently the case. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but I tend to think not. I've heard that Axial changed the design of their axles just a little bit, and while that would explain some of the issues I've had, it doesn't explain it completely.
boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:50 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfin View Post
I attempted to install SSD Overdrive gears in my Vanquish D44 axles. They were extremely notchy. I tried shimming the pinion outside the diff case, but it didn't help. I ended up pulling the SSD gears out and swapped in a set of Vanquish gears. The VP gears were smooth as silk in the D44's. I was able to use the SSD overdrive gears in my SSD Trail King axles, where they spun smooth.

I have now built about ten sets of AR44-type geared axles - ranging from stock Axial SCX10 II's, SSD Pro44, Diamond Pro, and Trail King, Vanquish D44, and Axial Capra axles. The first four of so sets of axles I built were all SSD's and the gear sets all had 3-bolt lockers. They all spun smooth with no shimming. But I started to have issues when the switchover to 6-bolt lockers happened. The last six or so sets of axles I've built have all had 6-bolt lockers, and I've had quite a few of them turn out crunchy to locked-up and unusable. Shimming has helped a little on a few of them, but some were so bad that the only thing that has really helped is swapping gear sets around among the axles to find a combination that works.

I'm really finding that only certain gear sets work well in certain axles. There's no clear rhyme or reason to it, but I have found that it can help to use gears made by the same manufacturer who makes the axles, and also to not try using older gearsets in newer axles. But that's not always consistently the case. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but I tend to think not. I've heard that Axial changed the design of their axles just a little bit, and while that would explain some of the issues I've had, it doesn't explain it completely.
Thank you for the input. Does Vanquish make an overdrive gear set? I can't find it.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:24 AM   #195
Im Brandon

Quote:
Thank you for the input. Does Vanquish make an overdrive gear set? I can't find it.
We don't. The overdrive is achieved by the changes in the VFD transmission. We opted to go that route as it allows for more options in the long run. I also prefer as much reduction in the axles as possible so OD gears are not that appealing IMO.

How much OD are you trying to achieve? I installed a set of the HR gears in my rear portal axle build to make up for the portal box reduction. They felt smooth. They should work just as well in the D44. Our ring and pinion spacing is identical in all the VP axle housings.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
We don't. The overdrive is achieved by the changes in the VFD transmission. We opted to go that route as it allows for more options in the long run. I also prefer as much reduction in the axles as possible so OD gears are not that appealing IMO.

How much OD are you trying to achieve? I installed a set of the HR gears in my rear portal axle build to make up for the portal box reduction. They felt smooth. They should work just as well in the D44. Our ring and pinion spacing is identical in all the VP axle housings.
Thank you.

Just a little bit of OD for a trail rig. I typically run OD up front and UD out back, but obviously that's not happening in this truck since nobody is making UD gears. I'll try the Hot Racing if the SSD parts don't work.

Thanks again.

Tags
jatotheripper, limited, origin, vanquish, vs4-10

Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's VS4-10 Origin Limited B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 09-15-2023 06:18 AM
Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited Build/Thoughts Issues rohrej Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 131 03-26-2021 08:09 AM
💥💥Coupon Codes Now Available On Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited & Limited Black Kits RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-26-2019 11:21 AM
IN STOCK Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin Limited Black Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 12-27-2018 08:05 PM
PRE ORDER NOW the Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin Limited Black Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-17-2018 04:20 PM