Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: My Ultra Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2020, 09:24 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My Ultra Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
Question for you. How much resistance do you have within your drivetrain without the motor installed?

I recently finished my Ultra build and have noticed a fairly significant amount of resistance in my drivetrain. I added the 21% overdrive, machined gears and used a HH Torquemaster PRO 27T with the 15T pinion.

My plan at this point is to tear down the drivetrain and look for any builder errors on my part, but wanted to see your situation for reference.

Thanks!
I only have the front axle in right now, but when I spin the transmission using the rear driveshaft half it spins very smoothly. I was really surprised at how smoothly actually.

You may want to back track and give it a once over. For me, I think I will be tearing my transmission back down. I realized after I completed the trans build I still have an extra bearing. I highly doubt they give you an extra. I thought I was being maticulous when I assembled it but apparently not?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
hezzdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezzdown View Post
I only have the front axle in right now, but when I spin the transmission using the rear driveshaft half it spins very smoothly. I was really surprised at how smoothly actually.

You may want to back track and give it a once over. For me, I think I will be tearing my transmission back down. I realized after I completed the trans build I still have an extra bearing. I highly doubt they give you an extra. I thought I was being maticulous when I assembled it but apparently not?

Thanks for the quick response.....and yeah, I think I will be tearing it down this weekend and doing a little troubleshooting. Was going to take it out tomorrow but work got in the way.

I didn't have an extra bearing after my build with this rig. That happened to me after my 10.3 build though.....oops, it happens

Thanks again, and hope the motor and ESC come through a little quicker for you!
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Well after tearing in to the trans I found where my extra bearing is supposed to live. Installed, regreased, and the trans is back together. Disaster diverted.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:01 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Still a ton of work to go but it's a roller!

Old 07-24-2020, 06:07 AM   #25

Those wheels look mean and ready for business. Nice!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:21 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Some more progress made. Inner fenders painted and mounted. One thing I hate when driving these rigs is the sound of rattling lexan, and I can already tell this thing is going to rattle pretty bad.

The interior is complete, I think it came out okay. I don't feel I butchered it or anything. I must admit, I've never been real big on detailing interiors. I like the approach axial took on the 10.3. There is an interior, but the tinted windows make it so you can tell it has an interior, but it doesn't really draw your eye to it. It's subtle I guess, and I like that. I give props to the folks that go all out on interiors, I lack in that kind of patience lol.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

The pictures don't do the pearl white justice at all. It really pops in person. Still have a couple loose ends to tie up but she is really close to complete.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:49 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Looks awesome!

What front bumper did you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2020, 06:58 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
Looks awesome!

What front bumper did you use?

It's a ScalerFab bumper

Old 07-29-2020, 07:29 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Got the rest of my needed scale hardware for my wheels along with the 2.5mm driver. Also have a set of black scout rally stripes on the way. Really wish I could be installing and setting up my electronics but it is what it is. As it sits all I have is the steering servo and a reciever. Hopefully the rest this coming month.

Old 07-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #31
Go Buckeyes!

Great looking Ultra!

I like the bumpers. They fit the body great!

I too hate to hear bodies rattling. I added Gorilla tape to the inside of my PRO and Origin bodies on the areas that may rub and along the bottom edge of the doors where it fits into the sliders. Also added the tape at each body post hole and along the inside of the body where the interior mounts. After adding the tape, the body no longer rattles around. I do this to all of my bodies and it has worked out great!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

NIIIIIIIIICE , so pretty !!
FREEDOM83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Great looking Ultra!

I like the bumpers. They fit the body great!

I too hate to hear bodies rattling. I added Gorilla tape to the inside of my PRO and Origin bodies on the areas that may rub and along the bottom edge of the doors where it fits into the sliders. Also added the tape at each body post hole and along the inside of the body where the interior mounts. After adding the tape, the body no longer rattles around. I do this to all of my bodies and it has worked out great!
Thanks! I thought about that as well. I may do something similar. Just as long as it doesn't involve removing the interior lol! I have a whole slew of words for the door handles securing the interior in to place, none of which are appropriate for this forum.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
NIIIIIIIIICE , so pretty !!
Thanks!

Old 07-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks! I thought about that as well. I may do something similar. Just as long as it doesn't involve removing the interior lol! I have a whole slew of words for the door handles securing the interior in to place, none of which are appropriate for this forum.

I said all of those words as well when I put the door handles on....Rig looks great too, nice job!
Old 07-29-2020, 02:48 PM   #36
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:

No problem!

I hear ya on the door handles! I struggled on all 3 of my Origin bodies and used up all the cuss words I knew. I mainly put the tape in between the body and interior to keep the paint from rubbing off. It did though silence the rattle.

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:57 AM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Scale hardware on wheels done and the stripe kit put on.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:06 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I really dig the black/black wheels with the white body! Great job!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:54 AM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
I really dig the black/black wheels with the white body! Great job!
Thanks!

Old 08-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

So I did a thing today. I purchased the stl files from Knights Customs to mount the SCX10.3 Jeep JL body on the vs410. The file pack comes with the front and rear mounts as well as sliders.

I also ordered the JL body, along with the rear fender set, rear body mount set, front fender/radiator set, and body detail set.

Knights Customs also has a inner fender set but I think I can get away using the vs410 ones (way cheaper).

For now I am going to forgo the JL interior, I can always add that later if I really want it.

My Ultra Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JackedDriver's R1 Build (non-specific purpose / just wanted a good build) JackedDriver G-Made Crawlers 12 01-12-2016 07:59 PM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
OMG!!! A super LVL 99 Ulta GEEK!! K_B Chit Chat 3 08-24-2007 09:00 AM