Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Codyboy's "bulldog bronco" ascender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Codyboy's "bulldog bronco" ascender

Thanks for the input Poprivet, I do have some red rings I could try. For the rest of it, I think I'm going to go ahead and detail it and add some scale things and the lights before I change any more. I may look at some different tires and wheels. Who knows what it will look like when I'm done!
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poprivet View Post
The roof did look a little low, but i thought it made it look chopped, and chopped is always cool . That being said... it does look better with the body lowered.

I liked the first wheels, but they need a red beadlock to tie in with the pinstripe.

Just my opinion.
X2, but I like both wheels...the silver ones kinda little more maybe...not sure.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:38 PM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Much better.Maybe add a spare tire to the back of the cage to take up some of the big empty space?In a couple of the pics it looks like your rear tires need to come forward just a fuzz?Not criticizing your Bronco,just trying to help you get it sorted out

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk
avengernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Hey Lonnie, thanks for the suggestion on the spare tire I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at it yesterday. The rear tires/axle alignment is a photo angle thing. Thanks a lot for your input, extra eyes on a project are always a big help!
Ernie,
And thanks again for the offer for the bead lock rings.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #125
RCC Addict

You got the body to top proportions better now. Still looks chopped but in a good way, not toyish like before. I'm a sucker for the more traditional wheels so the second choice looks good to me. With your tubing work you could get away with no body and it'd look great!
Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #126
RCC Addict

Paint is killer, fab work is outstanding, stance is bad ass - even better with the body lowered a bit, and WHAT!!!!!! You made your own foams! I quit.....awesome build! Oh yeah, there's something about that green, not sure what it is, but I really like it!

Last edited by joe122; 06-22-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Added a sentence
joe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Lonnie, thanks for the suggestion on the spare tire I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at it yesterday. The rear tires/axle alignment is a photo angle thing. Thanks a lot for your input, extra eyes on a project are always a big help!
Ernie,
And thanks again for the offer for the bead lock rings.
It would give the eye something to follow on back to flow to the end of the bronco instead of following the rollbar straight down if that makes any sense lol

Old 06-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #128
Quarry Creeper

Here is a measurement from screw hole to hole on those rc4wd rings

Old 06-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
You got the body to top proportions better now. Still looks chopped but in a good way, not toyish like before. I'm a sucker for the more traditional wheels so the second choice looks good to me. With your tubing work you could get away with no body and it'd look great!
Ben
Thanks Ben, I do enjoy doing tube work, (I think I will offer that as my next service ), but I think the truck would look funny with no body. I did put the red rings on the 2.2 wheels that Poprivet suggested and I'll have a few pics up later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
Paint is killer, fab work is outstanding, stance is bad ass - even better with the body lowered a bit, and WHAT!!!!!! You made your own foams! I quit.....awesome build! Oh yeah, there's something about that green, not sure what it is, but I really like it!
Thank you Sir, and PPPPPPPPllllleeeeaaassseeee don't quit!
I'm not sure if it is what has you're wondering on the green, but I fogged some thinned down yellow on the break lines between the black and green. It is a very thin coat so the green isn't over powered. I do my flame jobs the same way.
Ernie,
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengernut View Post
Here is a measurement from screw hole to hole on those rc4wd rings

Thanks avengernut, I will check a couple of my wheels.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:17 AM   #130
Rock Crawler

Ok i been looking for a few day and here is my 2 cents i think it is the chassis paint it is to bright keeps drawing my eyes to it and not the complete masterwork and not much better looking tire then a irok and brovo good job

LIFE IS GOOD
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the input Pete, I'm going to try a few things, avengernut suggested a spare tire. I'm going to detail and add some scale things, a few decals and see if I can change the point of interest. Thinking about new wheels? Anyway, thanks again.
Ernie,
Old 06-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #132
Quarry Creeper

Can you make a clamping type spare tire mount for your rear bars so you won't have to weld an paint on them?

Old 06-23-2016, 10:58 AM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengernut View Post
It would give the eye something to follow on back to flow to the end of the bronco instead of following the rollbar straight down if that makes any sense lol
Yes, looked at it again and I think a spare tire on the rear might accentuate the looks.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Yes, looked at it again and I think a spare tire on the rear might accentuate the looks.
I've been looking at the Vanquish Shooter 8 hole wheels,(1.9) anyone have any input on them?
Old 06-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #135
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I've been looking at the Vanquish Shooter 8 hole wheels,(1.9) anyone have any input on them?
Thats the wheels i have on uncle with there BTR rings. I like them alot.
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

My buddy just got the china knock off version he painted the wheel black and ring red and u cant tell they r 1/2 price

LIFE IS GOOD
Old 06-23-2016, 04:11 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
They look sweet, but VP wheels tend to be too narrow, they don't list the width or offset specs anywhere that I could find.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
They look sweet, but VP wheels tend to be too narrow, they don't list the width or offset specs anywhere that I could find.
Agreed.
The 2.2's on my wraith have the carter fab wideners. Mounting tires without them was unsatisfactory. The 1.9's aren't as bad though.
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:13 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thats the wheels i have on uncle with there BTR rings. I like them alot.
They do look good on uncle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete959 View Post
My buddy just got the china knock off version he painted the wheel black and ring red and u cant tell they r 1/2 price

LIFE IS GOOD
Thanks Pete, I looked at those last night, and I have read good and bad about the china wheels. I kind of have a thing about buying built in the USA when I can, so I decided against buying them for that reason.

Quote:
Thanks Nate, I couldn't find any specs either, but since I build my own foams I can control the profile of the tire with them.

Quote:
Agreed.
The 2.2's on my wraith have the carter fab wideners. Mounting tires without them was unsatisfactory. The 1.9's aren't as bad though.
Thanks Poprivet, I may go ahead and order some. What color combos do you guys think would look best on this rig. I'm thinking silver wheel with black rings????

I did some work on the bulldog last night and this afternoon. Taller shocks on the rear with more droop and moved the bottom of the shocks to the outside of the link mount. Really freed up the rear, very smooth now.
For now I took out the bed I had in the rear and set a spare in there, I'm getting closer to liking the stance. Hear are some more photos.

Thanks a bunch for all the input Guys.
Ernie,
Old 06-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #140
Rock Crawler

Really like the stance nice and tucked tires r a great width honestly i like wheels on it now but if was me i would go ssd the dholes silver in black ring

LIFE IS GOOD

Codyboy's "bulldog bronco" ascender - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bulldog/Mattzilla "Mountain Buggy" Bulldog 2.2 Scale Rigs 88 03-30-2016 07:59 AM
"Rhino" 1/9 Nissan Patrol 4x4 Y60 1997 build with Vaterra Ascender K5 clarketian 1.9 Scale Rigs 25 03-15-2016 05:36 AM
"My Bulldog Berg build" bigron EnRoute Berg 61 02-05-2014 07:59 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM